• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Taniela Mcreight

Frank Row (1)
I think i
What made you choose TSS so high? Bit of an interesting pick could you elaborate on the reasonings behind this pick?
I think I can answer for him mate. The sheer size of those boys down on the coast is absolutely impeccable. I hope you have heard of their generational player Kingsley Uys. He is probably one of the most dominant players come through the ranks. He played his first season in the XV last year as a grade ten, and was hands down one of the toughest players in the comp. He made the aus u16 team last year, I think he might have even captained it unless that was the halfback Gus Grova. Upon Inspection he would be at least 110kg and 6'4, so he will be definitely be leading by example with his physicality and work ethic. Tom Goldie will be the skipper and is hands down one of the best 9s in the comp. And for that reason I do not see them outside of the top 3.

Wing whisperer

Bob McCowan (2)
Feel like State High have been hard done by here, considering they beat Nudgee in the trials. But fair enough such a good year of footy ahead.
no i understand where your coming from mate, but i just dont have faith in their program. Having known roman being asked to withdraw from the competition due to NBL commitments i believe they dont prioritize their footy.

RossOvalGrandstands

Stan Wickham (3)
no i understand where your coming from mate, but i just dont have faith in their program. Having known roman being asked to withdraw from the competition due to NBL commitments i believe they dont prioritize their footy.
I have to disagree here mate, with the Kefu's taking over coaching they will instill some much needed discipline in them and really transform this team. We saw it occur against nudgee, even if Roman has to pull out I don't think that will change much come GPS season.

Wing whisperer

Bob McCowan (2)
I have to disagree here mate, with the Kefu's taking over coaching they will instill some much needed discipline in them and really transform this team. We saw it occur against nudgee, even if Roman has to pull out I don't think that will change much come GPS season.
no i agree with you there mate, but i just dont have faith that kefu's hard discipline will get them in the top 5 teams this year. I feel if Roman does pull out his grippy hands will be missed on the wing.

Last edited:
Just heard inside intel that prospect Cormac Burke from BBC has picked up a injury and could be out for 6 weeks. This freakish human is only 16 and he trucks seed on the field and off it as he is a BBC Boarder from Roma, If Cormac is out this will be dramatically big for the BBC school as he is leading the team in pilfers, offloads and tackles. They desperately need him especially coming up against this GT side on the weekend that features stars like Ben Grose and Will Rutherford. Hope Burke recovers soon were praying for him.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting views on the ladder position. I think NC are the clear favourites for another Premiership tilt with the rest playing for 2nd. However, having watched all the schools during the trials, bar TGS, I think the sleepers of the competition are ACGS and possibly BSHS as well as TGS.

If ACGS can keep there starting 1st XV injury free, they will cause some real problems for the top teams ie NC, BBC and TSS. I watched the ACGS vs NC trial and ACGS more than held their own IMO considering they were missing some key forwards in Crothers, Solofa and a couple of others who are injured. The ACGS backline look so much better when young Blanch plays and I think he’s one of there keys to a successful season. I believe NC were missing about 7 regular starters so they will be stronger again but I feel lots of the opposition coaches have worked out the NC way of playing, but easier said than done!

Overall, I feel the competition is going to be closer than people think - a bit like the Brisbane Colts 1 competition this year where most of the games have been hard fought and very competitive! Looking at Norths results todate, they’ve lost quite a few very close games and with a bit of luck, they could have been sitting 2nd in the ladder.

It promises to be a very good season of Qld GPS rugby!!

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
Rhymen Tusi has not been spoken about enough, moving from New Zealand to Toowoomba Grammar he is something special. Is only 16 this year but played up in 16A's last year and tore up. He will most likely be in the centres, but he will be someone to watch. His centre pairing Azariah Toki-Matauri will be classy as well, moving from Wavell to Toowoomba Grammar I can really seem him and Rhymen dominating. The flyhalf for TGS, Iliesa Baravilala coming off a great preseason tour in NZ will be hoping to light up the GPS as well. TGS will have a lot to prove this weekend against a strong Nudgee outfit.

Just heard inside intel that prospect Cormac Burke from BBC has picked up an injury and could be out for 6 weeks. This freakish human is only 16 and he trucks seed on the field and off it as he is a BBC Boarder from Roma, If Cormac is out this will be dramatically big for the BBC school as he is leading the team in pilfers, offloads and tackles. They desperately need him especially coming up against this GT side on the weekend that features stars like Ben Grose and Will Rutherford. Hope Burke recovers soon were praying for him.
What is the injury he sustained, if this is real this is a massive detriment for BBCs upcoming season. Prayers for this country boy.

Interesting views on the ladder position. I think NC are the clear favourites for another Premiership tilt with the rest playing for 2nd. However, having watched all the schools during the trials, bar TGS, I think the sleepers of the competition are ACGS and possibly BSHS as well as TGS.

If ACGS can keep there starting 1st XV injury free, they will cause some real problems for the top teams ie NC, BBC and TSS. I watched the ACGS vs NC trial and ACGS more than held their own IMO considering they were missing some key forwards in Crothers, Solofa and a couple of others who are injured. The ACGS backline look so much better when young Blanch plays and I think he’s one of there keys to a successful season. I believe NC were missing about 7 regular starters so they will be stronger again but I feel lots of the opposition coaches have worked out the NC way of playing, but easier said than done!

Overall, I feel the competition is going to be closer than people think - a bit like the Brisbane Colts 1 competition this year where most of the games have been hard fought and very competitive! Looking at Norths results todate, they’ve lost quite a few very close games and with a bit of luck, they could have been sitting 2nd in the ladder.

Funny that you say this about Churchie heard Fletcher Austin start fullback has just sustained a ankle injury and could be out for a while

Been doing some research on BBC‘s side for there upcoming trial against GT, and found a new notable name. Messaged a few of my BBC connections and found this out. Also not sure if he’s well known, or I’m just living under a rock. But Harry ‘Hawg’ Lyster, a kiwi born flyhalf, who played 15As last year is rising through the ranks quickly. Not sure if he will take year 12 Charlie Bird‘s spot just yet, but he is a promising prospect. Scoring 13 tries in 8 games, this kids got a ruthless step, and brings some New Zealand flair into the Queensland GPS comp. Doesn’t mind a 50-22 as well from the clips i’ve seen. Interested to see if he will get minutes in the firsts this season, best of luck to the young fella. Please correct me if any of this information is wrong.

Wing whisperer

Bob McCowan (2)
Been doing some research on BBC‘s side for there upcoming trial against GT, and found a new notable name. Messaged a few of my BBC connections and found this out. Also not sure if he’s well known, or I’m just living under a rock. But Harry ‘Hawg’ Lyster, a kiwi born flyhalf, who played 15As last year is rising through the ranks quickly. Not sure if he will take year 12 Charlie Bird‘s spot just yet, but he is a promising prospect. Scoring 13 tries in 8 games, this kids got a ruthless step, and brings some New Zealand flair into the Queensland GPS comp. Doesn’t mind a 50-22 as well from the clips i’ve seen. Interested to see if he will get minutes in the firsts this season, best of luck to the young fella. Please correct me if any of this information is wrong.
nup have heard this to mate

tikkamungrel_3000

Bob McCowan (2)

Exciting season ahead! I just wish they would bring back AAGPS vs GPS All-Stars team again. GPS would dominate.
Can anyone pull some strings?? I'm sure I am not the only one who would love to see this comp once again.

AverageFootyFanatic

Frank Row (1)
Yeha na mate me neither, the kids got a gift in and when you got the gift of the gab you gotta do what you gotta do mate. Regards.