• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Cheesyqdingle

Bob McCowan (2)
With GT finally seeing the coaching style of Adrian Thompson coming through the ranks, the players are used to him and his style. I think they will be able to emulate his gameplans well, paired up with a not as strong NC side as recent years.
With 8 returning Nudgee players after a premiership winning season I'd say they are still the strongest team across brisbane, and I am unsure how GT could come be a positive win team this year after not showing anything in there so far trials

Player to watch this season.
Cormac Burke 6 foot 4, 93 kilograms lean, flanker for BBC:
Burke, has had incredible preseason for the Dalby Wheatman playing colts in the downs rugby competition despite only being 17 (He wore number 8 in this comp), and BBC in there trial games. This country boy boards at BBC, musters cattle in the holidays and doesn‘t mind a good old jackal. Averaging 4 pilfers a game in the 16As last year, Gregory Terrace better make sure their quick to the breakdown to counter this boy in the upcoming trial game. Burke will be defending on the open side of the scrum, I believe personally he will shut this backline down quickly with his classic low chop. This kid can play, interested to see how he performs in season for BBC first game against BSHS.

outsidechance

Frank Row (1)
Anyone have a match report on the Nudgee v Churchie matchup on the weekend. Really keen to see how churchie are devloping after a tough loss against Barker college a few weeks ago.
Churchie were simply out gunned. Squad is a mix of Yrs 10, 11 and 12. Just seemed to throw it to their fullback and hope - he is good but no Ponga (yet). Very poor defence out wide and terrible kicking game. On a positive note a couple of huge scrums pushed Nudgee off the ball. Their 2nd XV were visibly faster and stronger out wide, I suspect there will be changes as the new coach looks to settle the squad.

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
Churchie were simply out gunned. Squad is a mix of Yrs 10, 11 and 12. Just seemed to throw it to their fullback and hope - he is good but no Ponga (yet). Very poor defence out wide and terrible kicking game. On a positive note a couple of huge scrums pushed Nudgee off the ball. Their 2nd XV were visibly faster and stronger out wide, I suspect there will be changes as the new coach looks to settle the squad.
Churchie's new fullback is a proper gun, Treyvon Pritchard. He played Reds u16s and played 16A's for Churchie last year (GPS Regulations). He will be threatening this year, however Churchie have this attitude of give the ball to Treyvon and hope for the best, sure that may work against some schools, but more competitive schools will be able to lock him down.

Burke, has had incredible preseason for the Dalby Wheatman playing colts in the downs rugby competition despite only being 17 (He wore number 8 in this comp), and BBC in there trial games. This country boy boards at BBC, musters cattle in the holidays and doesn‘t mind a good old jackal. Averaging 4 pilfers a game in the 16As last year, Gregory Terrace better make sure their quick to the breakdown to counter this boy in the upcoming trial game. Burke will be defending on the open side of the scrum, I believe personally he will shut this backline down quickly with his classic low chop. This kid can play, interested to see how he performs in season for BBC first game against BSHS.
Heard a lot about this kid heard he has the heart of a lion and he doesn't leave the field until he is covered in dirt. Burke reminds me of how we used to play in the old days before this new generation, I have never seen anyone quicker to a breakdown and anyone with more hunger then this soldier of a man.

Heard a lot about this kid heard he has the heart of a lion and he doesn't leave the field until he is covered in dirt. Burke reminds me of how we used to play in the old days before this new generation, I have never seen anyone quicker to a breakdown and anyone with more hunger then this soldier of a man.
Yeah bringing country footy back into the GPS, takes be back to how we used to play school boy in the 90s (Nudgee Boarder Old Boy).

With 8 returning Nudgee players after a premiership winning season I'd say they are still the strongest team across brisbane, and I am unsure how GT could come be a positive win team this year after not showing anything in there so far trials
I partly agree with you here, don’t you think some of the Nudgee boys will lose there hunger considering they won last year? GT boys want to recreate what happened on International in 2016. I’m not sure though, anything can happen its GPS footy.

Wing whisperer

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeah cant wait to watch this kid. He a tough nipper. He gets stuck in and isnt like the new gen (generation) of rugby players. Most players these days dont have enough grit. I remember playing in the 13A's for TGS early in the morning at one of the flats at nudgee. Mist of the grass and the ball stinging my hands everytime i caught it. Then dad would by me something for tuckshop (if i played out of my skin) and if not he wouldnt talk to me for a week. Jeez i miss it.

Yeah cant wait to watch this kid. He a tough nipper. He gets stuck in and isnt like the new gen (generation) of rugby players. Most players these days dont have enough grit. I remember playing in the 13A's for TGS early in the morning at one of the flats at nudgee. Mist of the grass and the ball stinging my hands everytime i caught it. Then dad would by me something for tuckshop (if i played out of my skin) and if not he wouldnt talk to me for a week. Jeez i miss it.
Take me back brother, take me back.

Wing whisperer

Bob McCowan (2)
Ladder Prediction
1 BBC
2 NC
3 TGS
4 GT
5 BSHS
6 TSS
7 ACGS
8 IGS
9 BGS

BBC are taking it home this year with prodigy's like Cormac Burke, Frank Howarth and Angus Hall, I don't see how anyone is going to stop this trio
Dont completely agree with this as i am a TGS old boy i do think that BBC team might be a tough game. Especially having the fowards of Hamish 'squishy' seiler and Angus hall, they hunt.

Ladder Prediction
1 BBC
2 NC
3 TGS
4 GT
5 BSHS
6 TSS
7 ACGS
8 IGS
9 BGS

BBC are taking it home this year with prodigy's like Cormac Burke, Frank Howarth and Angus Hall, I don't see how anyone is going to stop this trio
Have to disagree with you here mate. I’ve got BBC coming 4th, with my Top three being 1st TGS 2nd TSS 3rd GT. But as stated previously, its GPS footy anything can happen.

Have to disagree with you here mate. I’ve got BBC coming 4th, with my Top three being 1st TGS 2nd TSS 3rd GT. But as stated previously, its GPS footy anything can happen.
You never know with GPS Footy it's 9 weeks of pure grit, sweat and tears so it's going to be interesting this year on who really wants it the most but I just back those boys from Toowong are going to get it done as I have seen them and they look fresh.

You never know with GPS Footy it's 9 weeks of pure grit, sweat and tears so it's going to be interesting this year on who really wants it the most but I just back those boys from Toowong are going to get it done as I have seen them and they look fresh.
Good take here. This year’s skill gap is much closer than previous years, the results round in and round out are going to come down to who wants it more.