• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

AverageFootyFanatic

Frank Row (1)
Player to watch this season.
Cormac Burke 6 foot 4, 93 kilograms lean, flanker for BBC:
Burke, has had incredible preseason for the Dalby Wheatman playing colts in the downs rugby competition despite only being 17 (He wore number 8 in this comp), and BBC in there trial games. This country boy boards at BBC, musters cattle in the holidays and doesn‘t mind a good old jackal. Averaging 4 pilfers a game in the 16As last year, Gregory Terrace better make sure their quick to the breakdown to counter this boy in the upcoming trial game. Burke will be defending on the open side of the scrum, I believe personally he will shut this backline down quickly with his classic low chop. This kid can play, interested to see how he performs in season for BBC first game against BSHS.
Yep on the money here, Cormac 'MACA' Burke has a raw talent for the game and at 6'4 (still growing) he most likely will be playing professional footy. Heard from inside sources that he used to be a state champion wrestler, I'm guessing that's where his strength of a bear comes from. Regards.

Wing whisperer

Bob McCowan (2)
Sorry mate I disagree as those boys up in the mountains at Toowoomba still have lot's of heart and have a chance to take it all with the kid from Townsville "The Myles Rosemend"
yep have to say those boys up at the range get up for it. Being a TGS old boy myself, i know how these Toowoomba boys put on their game faces. I remember being a young nipper and watching the 1st XV boys run out. Everyone would bind up in the blue and yellow blazer and scream war cries at the top of their lungs. Then go home and dream about next week's round. Take me back.

AverageFootyFanatic

Frank Row (1)
yep have to say those boys up at the range get up for it. Being a TGS old boy myself, i know how these Toowoomba boys put on their game faces. I remember being a young nipper and watching the 1st XV boys run out. Everyone would bind up in the blue and yellow blazer and scream war cries at the top of their lungs. Then go home and dream about next week's round. Take me back.
Key word dreaming haha, cause thats all you boys could do. (TSS Old Boy here)

Big Pete

Frank Row (1)
Any word on Terrace players Franck Iraguha, Faapale Feaunati and Siosai Poese. Haven't seen them feature in any trials.

Wing whisperer

Bob McCowan (2)
Great recruiting from Terrace. One leaves the school the other in 2nds.
Yeah i have been hearing from inside intel that the recruiting from Terrace have been struggling to find diamonds in the rough. However, they have had a great pick-up of Will Rutherford and joe 'grimace' grice in the forwards pack.

Great recruiting from Terrace. One leaves the school the other in 2nds.
Considering Siosai is in the 2nds as of right now don’t you think that shows how much depth the Gregory Terrace team has? It’s still trials mate I wouldn’t bag the Terrace’s recruitment just yet. Would love to hear a response.