• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
I really like this. Used statistics. Cant argue with the stats.

Players I am surprised to not make the cut are:
-O. Nasser (GT)
-J. Crothers (ACGS)
-B. Smith (BGS)
-F. Kendall (IGS)
-J. Gray (TGS)
-T. Walker (IGS)
-L. Clifford (BBC)
Will say it again JONAH ALLEN. Someone tell me why this bloke isn't even on the TOTW bench.

RucknRoll69

Banned
QTT is a very reliable source need to watch your attitude on this forum.
I'm sorry guys. I was in a moment of anger. Back to the matter at hand. Any predictions for the upcoming O'Callaghan Cup. Downlands is preparing to celebrate 75 years of this tremendous rivalry with a home game on the 31st of August I believe. I don't know about you guys but I would love to see Downlands lift the cup

Wicked Left Foot

Bob McCowan (2)
Im sorry but have u ever heard of Dallas Ingram mate! Kid can play. Loves his inside step in unstructured play and has a mean boot guiding his TSS brother to a gutsy win at Brassall. Another mention to TGS N. 4 Jonah Allen this bloke is all class. Dominate at lineout time and is a big body who loves to run crash balls on the blindside. very surprised he did make this weeks TOTW pretty sure he scored two tries as well against GT. Eli Langi is washed
Thanks for your feedback Napalm. Love your passion but you may not have understood my post. These are not my selections. They are the selections by Courier Mail for each of the rounds. Dallas Ingram is currently sitting 2nd behind Baravilala after he made TOTW for Rd6, second week in a row. Allen made this week's TOTW, his first for the season.

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
Anybody have any opinions on the best coaches in the GPS?
Would be pretty hard to go past Andrew Scotney. Been coaching Nudgee for the past 6 years and under his guidance NC have easily been the most dominant team within those 6 years and are looking likely to win their 45th premiership if they can overcome the BBC and BSHS juggernauts in the following rounds. close second would have to go to GT coach Michael broad who currently does not coach the team as he is assistant coach for the loss pumas but is expected to return in 2026. Michael instilled a level of pride in honor into the GT boys throughout the 2021-2022 seasons teaching them what it really means to wear the red jersey and go to war with your GT brothers. Not sure who GTs coach is now but its safe to say they miss Broadys magic touch.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Would be pretty hard to go past Andrew Scotney. Been coaching Nudgee for the past 6 years and under his guidance NC have easily been the most dominant team within those 6 years and are looking likely to win their 45th premiership if they can overcome the BBC and BSHS juggernauts in the following rounds. close second would have to go to GT coach Michael broad who currently does not coach the team as he is assistant coach for the loss pumas but is expected to return in 2026. Michael instilled a level of pride in honor into the GT boys throughout the 2021-2022 seasons teaching them what it really means to wear the red jersey and go to war with your GT brothers. Not sure who GTs coach is now but its safe to say they miss Broadys magic touch.
From what I was told Broad was let go by the school?

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks for your feedback Napalm. Love your passion but you may not have understood my post. These are not my selections. They are the selections by Courier Mail for each of the rounds. Dallas Ingram is currently sitting 2nd behind Baravilala after he made TOTW for Rd6, second week in a row. Allen made this week's TOTW, his first for the season.
Apologies just didn't see his name listed. Happy to see JONAH get the recognition he deserves.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I know Scotney Personally - What a bloke and what a coach. Wouldn't be surprised if he is offered to coach in higher levels.

RucknRoll69

Banned
I heard Michael Broad is heading up to range to help coach the TGS u11B squad. A really promising squad with Broad at the helm. But as a Downlands old boy I'm really hoping Downlands can win that round in the upcoming O'Callaghan Cup!!!! This rivalry extends further than the first xv sides all the way to other great squads like the might u11B comp.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm sorry guys. I was in a moment of anger. Back to the matter at hand. Any predictions for the upcoming O'Callaghan Cup. Downlands is preparing to celebrate 75 years of this tremendous rivalry with a home game on the 31st of August I believe. I don't know about you guys but I would love to see Downlands lift the cup
There is nothing more that I would love to se then downloads get over, however TGS will be too good. I think downloads may win about 5 games across the whole day.

I know this isn't directly related to the GPS but I would like to give a shoutout to Downlands Old boy Kohan Herbert. He was announced the captain of Souths prem grade yet he was a Bs player all the way until u16 in which he mad the As, then the First 15. After school he worked his way into the junior all black side and he has recently been playing out of his skin at number 7 for souths . Truly goes to show what one offseason can do for you with the right attitude and a will to get better.
Herbert went to Downlands in year 11 on a rugby scholarship, he never played in any "B" teams. Before he attended Downlands he attended Pacific Pines State High and played for Nerang Bulls.