• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Trotting Duck

Bob McCowan (2)
Sorry mate Richard Dean studied at terrace from grade 5-9 then i believe went to TGS for his senior years as he was expelled from GT for breaking a blokes ankles at lunchtime touch footy. I have put Boyle in the row for his lineout abilities as a successful set piece is what wins games of footy and Nasser i believe still has more room to grow before he makes this team we gotta remember kids in grade 11.
Richard Dean and parents from Mundubbera.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
If anyone is interested, I've looked at Courier Mail's TOTW picks thus far and assigned 4 pts for making team, 2 pts for making the bench and 1pt for a honourable mention. After tallying these points, the team of the season thus far is:

1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Will Pamenter IGS)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Eli Langi (BSHS)
6. Gray O'Neill (BBC)
7. Trent Picot (BSHS)
8. Roman Siulepa (BSHS)
9. Joe Post (IGS)
10. Illy Baravilala (TGS)
11. Oli Patterson (NC)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)/Max Blanch (ACGS)
13. Kilarney Lavender (TSS)
14. Nick Conway (NC)
15. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)/Elijah Breen (BGS)
Illy Baravilala? Look I've seen the kid play a fair bit this season and to be fair he can run the ball. What I don't like about his game is he doesn't like to tackle. I just think when taking into account a team of the season we need to look at the individuals for how they contribute to the overall success of their team. For me Dallas Ingram is the 10 for this. I just think he excels much further in both attack and defense, and believe that he deserves to be there.

Trotting Duck

Bob McCowan (2)
DUAL sport athletes of QLD GPS…

George ‘Jack Russel‘ Hales - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Oliver Nasser - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Jacob Johnston - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI football (2023) - NC
Lucas Clifford - 1st XV rugby, and 1st VI Volleyball - BBC

This is all from the top of the head, so let me know if anyone’s are wrong… Additionally, please feel free to add any other dual-sport athletes.
Richard Dean T.G.S - 1st XI football 21,22,23
1st Xi Cricket 23
1st XV Rugby 22,23

backfencebandit

Chris McKivat (8)

This is all from the top of the head, so let me know if anyone’s are wrong… Additionally, please feel free to add any other dual-sport athletes.
Ed kasprowicz also 1st XI Cricket son of Australian cricketer Micheal kasprowicz

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)

I believe J.Hogan (GT), N.Conway (NC) and J.Post (IGS) also competed in the Noosa Triathlon last year.

Tom Buchanan

Bob McCowan (2)

Cheers BS
Mate I think you may have made a mistake, according to my memory 'Jack Russel' played a 11A cricket game during the season. Could anyone explain this?
Cheers,
TB

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
B6’S GPS Grey team (NC, BGS, TGS and BBC). If you want to create your own from these schools, the rules are there is a minimum of 2 from each school, and a max of 5 from a school…

Grey TEAM
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Lucas Clifford (BBC)
4. Ed Kaspowich (NC)
5. Rupeni Baravilala (TGS)
6. Gray O’Neil (BBC)
7. Joey Gray (TGS) - Captain
8. Tom Bailey (TGS)
9. Sam Watkins (NC)
10. Iliesa Baraviala (TGS)
11. Nick Conway (NC)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Max Romer (BGS)
14. Ryder Koia (BBC)
15. Myles Rosemond (TGS)

HM: Isake Rauluni (NC), Hugo Hart (NC), Prestyn Lainesietu (NC), Dyer Akauola (BGS), Lincoln Manuel (BGS), Lincoln Dalton (BGS), Tai Takka (BBC), and Kiame Jione (BBC)…

Cheers,
B6

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
B6’S GPS Grey team (NC, BGS, TGS and BBC). If you want to create your own from these schools, the rules are there is a minimum of 2 from each school, and a max of 5 from a school…

Grey TEAM
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Lucas Clifford (BBC)
4. Ed Kaspowich (NC)
6. Gray O’Neil (BBC)
8. Tom Bailey (TGS)
9. Sam Watkins (NC)
11. Nick Conway (NC)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Max Romer (BGS)
14. Ryder Koia (BBC)
15. Myles Rosemond (TGS)

HM: Isake Rauluni (NC), Hugo Hart (NC), Prestyn Lainesietu (NC), Dyer Akauola (BGS), Lincoln Manuel (BGS), Lincoln Dalton (BGS), Tai Takka (BBC), and Kiame Jione (BBC)…

Cheers,
B6
God I wouldn't want to scrum against that front 3. IMO that could be the GPS front 3 of the season.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)

Grey TEAM
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Lucas Clifford (BBC)
4. Ed Kaspowich (NC)
6. Gray O’Neil (BBC)
8. Tom Bailey (TGS)
9. Sam Watkins (NC)
11. Nick Conway (NC)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Max Romer (BGS)
14. Ryder Koia (BBC)
15. Myles Rosemond (TGS)

Cheers,
B6
Love this idea, great team too. Keen to see Team Pink! Reminds me of the AAGPS competition.

backfencebandit

Chris McKivat (8)

Grey TEAM
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Lucas Clifford (BBC)
4. Ed Kaspowich (NC)
6. Gray O’Neil (BBC)
8. Tom Bailey (TGS)
9. Sam Watkins (NC)
11. Nick Conway (NC)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Max Romer (BGS)
14. Ryder Koia (BBC)
15. Myles Rosemond (TGS)

Cheers,
B6
Jacob Johnson not even an HM?

FootyLegend14

Frank Row (1)
Cheers BS
Mate I think you may have made a mistake, according to my memory 'Jack Russel' played a 11A cricket game during the season. Could anyone explain this?
Cheers,
TB
TB,
Jack Russel could have played 1sts at some point this year, but could have been dropped or moved up.
Kind Regards,
FL14