• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Hot take but I do not thing Suielapa is the best player on that State high team. I am going to ensure to play the ball and not the man. Although he is undoubdtley a massive threat because of his limited experience he lacks intent around the ruck and line out. Not a dig at all as I think he is the most talented player in the comp. But if I was a coach and I had to chose a player from that team it wouldn't be Suielepa.
I can partly agree but If he had played all the way through instead of picking basketball I think he would likely be top 3 players in the comp.

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Question for the forum - If everyone had to pick the best player in their opinion from each school - Who would it be?
Great Question
BGS- Max Romer, But I don't watch many BGS games so don't know.
BSHS- The obvious Roman I was thinking for a underdog maybe Trent Picot, but Roman is TO BIG. TO GOOD and TO STRONG.
BBC- I've got the Starboy Stan Keats, I think it is a absolute joke he hasn't been starting every game this year he needs to be out there every minute if BBC want to win it all.
GT- Oliver Nasser the safest man in the GPS doesn't drop the ball, doesn't make errors a coaches dream he is.
IGS- I've got Tyson Walker might have the best cut out in the GPS and has a great kicking game.
TSS- The Prop with ball skills probably a first anyone has seen it but Kingsly Uys has it all it's the new generation Props who can catch and pass Crazy world we live in now.
NC- Very tough cause there are so many stars but I think Nick Conway takes it, very versatile player who scores try's for fun.
TGS- The Kid from Townsville/ Myles Rosemond kid is electric really solid player.
ACGS- Definitely Trevon Pritchard when he is healthy I feel I am watching a pro player in a little kids Comp I love the way he plays the game.

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
I can partly agree but If he had played all the way through instead of picking basketball I think he would likely be top 3 players in the comp.
BEST possible back row in the comp IMO

6. Roman (BSHS)
7. Gray (TGS)
8. Nasser (GT)
I moved Roman, to breakaway as I believe the position better fits his playstyle…
HM: Clint Hoare (TSS), A. Illot (GT), K. Jione (BBC).

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Great Question
BGS- Max Romer, But I don't watch many BGS games so don't know.
BSHS- The obvious Roman I was thinking for a underdog maybe Trent Picot, but Roman is TO BIG. TO GOOD and TO STRONG.
BBC- I've got the Starboy Stan Keats, I think it is a absolute joke he hasn't been starting every game this year he needs to be out there every minute if BBC want to win it all.
GT- Oliver Nasser the safest man in the GPS doesn't drop the ball, doesn't make errors a coaches dream he is.
IGS- I've got Tyson Walker might have the best cut out in the GPS and has a great kicking game.
TSS- The Prop with ball skills probably a first anyone has seen it but Kingsly Uys has it all it's the new generation Props who can catch and pass Crazy world we live in now.
NC- Very tough cause there are so many stars but I think Nick Conway takes it, very versatile player who scores try's for fun.
TGS- The Kid from Townsville/ Myles Rosemond kid is electric really solid player.
Love the Trent Picot pick, always been a fan of this kid and his ability to get on that pilfer no matter where it is.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
TSS to have lego round this week. Anyone know if they are putting up a 2nds team against DLC? Will be good for Goldie and Uys to get some team bonding done with some technic builds.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
I know Nasser has unanimously voted as GT's best player. He is arguably the best forward in the comp. He has it all on attack and defence. But much more does S. Poese #13 have to do to be mentioned in the same breath as Nasser.
I agree he is a very talented player. He's light on his feet and his torn up every backline he's versed. But to be mentioned in the same breath as Nasser? Difficult to say.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
DUAL sport athletes of QLD GPS…

George ‘Jack Russel‘ Hales - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Oliver Nasser - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Jacob Johnston - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI football (2023) - NC
Lucas Clifford - 1st XV rugby, and 1st VI Volleyball - BBC

This is all from the top of the head, so let me know if anyone’s are wrong… Additionally, please feel free to add any other dual-sport athletes.
I assume a number of rowers, track athletes, Cross Country runners and Swimmers also play 1XV

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
BEST possible back row in the comp IMO

6. Roman (BSHS)
7. Gray (TGS)
8. Nasser (GT)
I moved Roman, to breakaway as I believe the position better fits his playstyle…
HM: Clint Hoare (TSS), A. Illot (GT), K. Jione (BBC).
that is a scary back row but I think Roman at 8 would be a bit more effective considering his size and speed, and that he does have a lack of knowledge in the line out something nasser doesn't lack after playing 6 for Gt in 1 or 2 games last year