• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
Upset? With all of GT's injury's I would say they do not go in to many games as favourites. However if the boys train well this week and come together on Saturday they could be the ones to pull off the upset.
Doubt GT will pull off an upset this week against BBC at Gaza. If you compare Weir, Hollyman, Harkin to BBC's bomb squad of Donnovan, Bakker, Clifford it's clear that one trio is ready for war and the other is focusing on looking tough in the Facebook promotions.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Supposedly GT is appointing the 10 position to young star Joseph Grice this weekend. I was quite surprised by this pick after the blinder of a game in which Max Murphy had last week at 10. Grice is a 6'3 giant (you wouldn't expect this kid to play flyhalf, looks more like a tight head prop), but boy can he play. I had the opportunity to witness him in the 16As Terrace vs Nudgee game. Kid has guts that's all I can say. I'm excited to see the team lists drop, hopefully Grice gets a run...

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
As the school day is about to start I would just like top reiterate a message. Schoolboys are 100% welcome and they definitely should be on this forum to provide valuable input. However there is a clear line in the sand. Please refrain from being a water hoser and only provide accurate and useful input. Play the ball and not the man and do not get it ruined again please.

Cheers- Get em Onside

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
Lucas Clifford, Nana Glen born Prop, is ready for SCRUMTIME against GT…. He will be hunting, and if the GT boys want to slow him down, it’s going to come down to body height. Furthermore, Clifford played for NSW country last year, which is an impressive achivement. And that is the key reason why GT, are going to have to dig SOOO deep, to shut this bloke down…

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Supposedly GT is appointing the 10 position to young star Joseph Grice this weekend. I was quite surprised by this pick after the blinder of a game in which Max Murphy had last week at 10. Grice is a 6'3 giant (you wouldn't expect this kid to play flyhalf, looks more like a tight head prop), but boy can he play. I had the opportunity to witness him in the 16As Terrace vs Nudgee game. Kid has guts that's all I can say. I'm excited to see the team lists drop, hopefully Grice gets a run...
Hey mate, I'm actually close with the 16as coach from terrace. Joseph GRICE plays in the row and unfortunately he was injured against Nudgee. As stated previously please refrain from water hosing, don't take the mick out of this forum

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)
Lucas Clifford, Nana Glen born Prop, is ready for SCRUMTIME against GT…. He will be hunting, and if the GT boys want to slow him down, it’s going to come down to body height. Furthermore, Clifford played for NSW country last year, which is an impressive achivement. And that is the key reason why GT, are going to have to dig SOOO deep, to shut this bloke down…
Lucas 'Pudge' Clifford is off the leash for round 7.

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm not very familiar with Clifford but I have heard that he Barks at the crowd when he scores as his nickname is the Pitbull? Let me know if this is accurate please.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Hey mate, I'm actually close with the 16as coach from terrace. Joseph GRICE plays in the row and unfortunately he was injured against Nudgee. As stated previously please refrain from water hosing, don't take the mick out of this forum
Sorry mate had no idea, as stated previously got the gossip from an inside prospect so not always 100% reliable. Please refrain from accusing one of "taking the mick" out of the beloved forum.

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yep. Clifford's low center of gravity makes it easier to protect the ball at breakdowns, like a mother hen protecting her eggs. I think he'll be the main reason to BBC's success this weekend, as he isn't afraid to hit the ruck hard.

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
DUAL sport athletes of QLD GPS…

George ‘Jack Russel‘ Hales - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Oliver Nasser - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Jacob Johnston - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI football (2023) - NC
Lucas Clifford - 1st XV rugby, and 1st VI Volleyball - BBC

This is all from the top of the head, so let me know if anyone’s are wrong… Additionally, please feel free to add any other dual-sport athletes.

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)

This is all from the top of the head, so let me know if anyone’s are wrong… Additionally, please feel free to add any other dual-sport athletes.
Clifford dabbles in some water polo too don't forget.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)

I Believe Nick Conway Competes in Track and Field (400m)

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)

Wow. Didn't realize that Lucas Clifford played volleyball. However, it all makes sense now seeing videos of him squating logs. LEG DRIVE.