• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought BBC were horrible in this game someone needs to teach them how to seal a ruck, lost the ball way too many times and there wasn’t much discipline
I wouldn't be surprised if they headed into this game knowing they’d win. Although they dominated most breakdowns, thought that they got lethargic when they had the ball.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
What’s woeful performance by BBC today, only a few individuals could go home thinking they made a positive contribution.

- just thought they would win it hands down
- poor ball handling and retention
- Ball carrier regularly isolated themselves
- lineout calls too complicated and often thrown too long for a windy day
- driving maul - they got two 20m tries but often lost the ball or knocked it on when they get too anxious and drive the maul too fast
- backs too bunched to get any flow unless they gave it to their 14 who was one standout player along with 15-9&6
- hope that was getting a bad game away, they played nothing like when they played
State High.

BBC 2nd XV much more controlled and determined than their 1sts XV.

Full credit to Grammar - guts n grit almost beat overconfident and over coached.
@Oracle83 I agree with your statements here. Do you think it was because BBC played badly, BGS had a cracker, or even both?

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
Totally agree - the majority of us say will who plays well not otherwise - the

@Oracle83 I agree with your statements here. Do you think it was because BBC played badly, BGS had a cracker, or even both?
BBC were woeful

When their coaches work out it’s a simple game, they need to win, recycle, retain and gain with the ball and that team wins. They have a better 2nds than half the comps firsts.

IppyRanger

Bob McCowan (2)
TGS dominated majority of today’s game over GT.
Especially through the forwards. TGS put their best performance together today for their season so far.
Always hear huge wraps about Nasser and Wines from GT. Don’t get me wrong they’re good players but no where near the level of the hype you hear all the time.
I’d pick Tomas Bailey and Ethan Ramsay over those 2 any day of week. Both play great rugby and play the team game instead of thinking individual one outs are going to win a games.
Bring on Nudgee next week

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
TGS dominated majority of today’s game over GT.
Especially through the forwards. TGS put their best performance together today for their season so far.
Always hear huge wraps about Nasser and Wines from GT. Don’t get me wrong they’re good players but no where near the level of the hype you hear all the time.
I’d pick Tomas Bailey and Ethan Ramsay over those 2 any day of week. Both play great rugby and play the team game instead of thinking individual one outs are going to win a games.
Bring on Nudgee next week
Good to hear, about time given the preseason hype. Be great to see them give the Nudge a Nudge. This round of season does often bring a few upsets.

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
I have had a look at the run into the final 3 rounds and had a go of ranking who has the tough run based on

Tough competition 3 points
Mid competition 2 points
Lower form competition 1 points
Bye 0 points

I based it on current form so my judgement maybe challenged but it gives an idea of who has a tough run in. The higher the end score, the tougher the run in.

Nudgee vs TGS, BBC , BSHS 2,3,3 = 8

BSHS vs BGS, GT, Nudgee - 1,1 3 = 5

BBC vs GT , Nudgee , TGS - 1,3,2 =6

TSS vs BYE , ACGS , BGS- 0,2,1= 3

TGS vs Nudgee , BYE , BBC 3,0,3 =6

ACGS vs IGS TSS BYE 2,2,0 =4

GT vs BBC, BSHS, IGS 3, 3, 2 = 8

IGS vs ACGS. , BGS , GT 2,1,1 =4

BGS vs BSHS,IGS, TSS 3, 2,2 =7

Easy run TSS 3 , IGS 4 ACGS 4
Medium run BSHS 5, BBC 6, TGS 6
Hard run BGS 7, GT 8, NC 8

So of the obvious 3 premiership contenders BSHS has easiest , then BBC , with NC having most work to do.

simple! Lol

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Nudgee College v the State school on Ross Oval is going to be a classic. The Staties really made light work of the Church kids last weekend and I’d have to say they are a great chance of getting in the way of Nudgee pulling off the Triple Crown.

There will be a massive crowd of Nudgee faithful to welcome the 20 or 30 State high supporters so it should be a great occasion.

Last edited:

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
The Nudgee v State High match on Ross is going to be a classic. The State really made light work of Churchie and I’d have to say are a great chance of getting in the way of Nudgee pulling off the Triple Crown. There will be a massive crowd of Nudgee faithful to welcome the 20 or 30 State high supporters so it should be a great occasion.
Geez that's a bit unfair, "20-30 State high supporters". They will come out in numbers. However imagine how special it would be if the game was played on state high day at the school like last year. Would probably shape up to be the best game in decades, there's just something about that place.

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
The Nudgee v State High match on Ross is going to be a classic. The State really made light work of Churchie and I’d have to say are a great chance of getting in the way of Nudgee pulling off the Triple Crown. There will be a massive crowd of Nudgee faithful to welcome the 20 or 30 State high supporters so it should be a great occasion.
Getting ahead of yourself, claiming underdog status this far out. I am sure TGS ( after todays form) and BBC may have otherviews. Its possible BSHS will have won the premiership before the Nudgee game.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Getting ahead of yourself, claiming underdog status this far out. I am sure TGS ( after todays form) and BBC may have otherviews. Its possible BSHS will have won the premiership before the Nudgee game.
Yeah I could easily see NC going down before we even get to RD9