• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
With the upcoming season only a couple months away and the AIC season just starting made me think of the old days were the GPS and AIC allstar games occured. Here is my prediction if the GPS created an allstar team let me know your thoughts.

1. Kingsley Uys (TSS)
  2. John Grenfell (NC)
  3. Princeton Ioane (NC)
  4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
  5. Bennet Armistead (NC)
  6. Hugo Hart (NC)
  7. Joey Grey (TGS)
  8. Teina Graham (NC)
  9. Sam Watson (NC)
  10. Dallas Ingram (TSS)
  11. Nick Conway (NC)
  12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
  13. Prestyn Laine-Sietu (NC)
  14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)
  15. Jacob Johnson (NC)
Found this predicted team of the year list from pre season. How accurate do you think it is?

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
Getting ahead of yourself, claiming underdog status this far out. I am sure TGS ( after todays form) and BBC may have otherviews. Its possible BSHS will have won the premiership before the Nudgee game.
Yes good points. Either TGS or BBC have the ability to knock off Nudgee and I’d have to say State High have a great chance of winning the Premiership

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
Geez that's a bit unfair, "20-30 State high supporters". They will come out in numbers. However imagine how special it would be if the game was played on state high day at the school like last year. Would probably shape up to be the best game in decades, there's just something about that place.
I don’t usually see many more than that but it would be great if more of them got behind this year’s team as they have a great rugby history.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Unfortunately there will be no game played at the school this year. Groudsmen couldnt do the one job they are paid to do so apparently the field isn’t “good enough“ for a gps game. The terrace game will be played at fursden
That is a really poor effort from the school. The year 12's will especially be devastated considering that it is such a big day in the community

bigmoneybrown

Allen Oxlade (6)
That is a really poor effort from the school. The year 12's will especially be devastated considering that it is such a big day in the community
Just gotta make sure the boys make it to round 9 ross. That will be a david v goliath type atmosphere and the 3.5k kids that state high has must be taken advantage of in respect to a crowed size for such a monumental occasion.

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
Any body know what has happened to the QLD GPS Instagram account, been dormant recently
Yes i think it was a year 12 student a couple years ago and tried to keep up with the account but hasn't kept up
Little side note - this account would sell for a fair amount if they were to sell it

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good evening Lads,

I had an absolute blast this Saturday @BBCVsBGS what a ripper of a day! Good competition all around, with exiting games all the way through the age groups. However the highlight of the day was meeting one of my fellow forumists @Guan Syun, he truly is a great bloke. We shared some good chats about the season, and this bloke what can i say he is a wise man who knows a lot about our wonderful game. He shouted me a nice cold beer and highlander burger, while we enjoyed a bit of classic fourths footy, few yellows, big hits, and even a brawl in a game that saw the collage boys pull a tight fought victory. Shoutout to that grammar fullback, my lord he almost killed the poor BBC winger, one of the biggest GPS shots I've ever seen! If anyone has access to a video of it please share to the forum it was amazing. Once again thanks Guan, and ill shout next time.

-Cheers, DB