• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

ballover9

Bob McCowan (2)
Good evening Lads,

I had an absolute blast this Saturday @BBCVsBGS what a ripper of a day! Good competition all around, with exiting games all the way through the age groups. However the highlight of the day was meeting one of my fellow forumists @Guan Syun, he truly is a great bloke. We shared some good chats about the season, and this bloke what can i say he is a wise man who knows a lot about our wonderful game. He shouted me a nice cold beer and highlander burger, while we enjoyed a bit of classic fourths footy, few yellows, big hits, and even a brawl in a game that saw the collage boys pull a tight fought victory. Shoutout to that grammar fullback, my lord he almost killed the poor BBC winger, one of the biggest GPS shots I've ever seen! If anyone has access to a video of it please share to the forum it was amazing. Once again thanks Guan, and ill shout next time.

-Cheers, DB
i was watching the 4th XV bgs game didnt see any big hits at all,however i did see alot of dropped balls !

ballover9

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey guys,

I tuned into the livestream of the Terrace vs Toowoomba game over the weekend and just thought I had to say that I was rather disappointed by #9 George Hales (GT). Whilst this was the only GT game I have watched in full, he just appeared an average halfback, underwhelming considering the preseason hype. Also, I just gathered the impression that this bloke has an ego problem, someone has to humble him! Anyone let me know about their varying opinions on this kid, or if you agree with this statement. Again it was the only game I have watched him play.

Cheers, G.S
I know we shouldn't be talking about the players and we should "Play the Ball, not the man” but i have to agree here with @Guan Syun
let me know your guys thoughts on him

B.L.9 out

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
My Biggest surprise of the weekend - BBC vs BGS.
If BBC thought they had one hand on the trophy, I believe that hand has now slipped off after being dipped in a Cafe 63 Chocolate Thickshake. I believe they were simply too complaisant, and went into the game simply thinking they would blow them out of the park, similar to GT. The Highlander boys seriously need to look back on how they performed if they want any chance to compete with BSHS and NC coming up, but as well all know, GPS rugby is highly unpredictable

MOTM - Frank Howarth/Lucas Clifford (AKA The Pitbull)
MOTM (BGS) - Barry Smith

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
First of all - Thanks to the staff for reopening the forum. We all appreciate it.

Secondly, I would now like to drop my tips for this week.

TGS vs GT - GIVE ME THE LADS FROM THE RANGE!
I was leaning towards GT all week, even with the injury of Connor Clifford (#12), but now with playmaker 10 S. McGahan out with an apparent shoulder injury, I feel the team will be too erratic and disorganised to beat a TGS team who should have increased confidence after a strong winning against BGS.

IGS vs TSS - GIVE ME THE WESTERN LADS FROM THE SWISH
This is most definitely an underdog pick for this weekend, but I can see the boys from Ipswich come in front as a dark horse with this one in front of a strong home crowd. Ipswich have been itching for a win this season, and with close games against heavyweights BBC and BSHS I can see them pulling in front this game, especially with the leadership of Tyson Walker, who has been playing out of his skin this season

BSHS vs ACGS - GIMMIE GIMMIE THE STATEY BOYS
Personally, I see State High coming away relatively easily this season, especially with the size of the crowds they have been having. BSHS are a strong outfit and with Roman looking to stay the season I see them going all the way into round 9

BBC vs BGS - GIVE ME THE 4066 MERCHANTS
Although Grammar have looked stronger than usual this season, I see BBC coming away relatively easily this season, especially with their stronger scrums due to the inclusion of L. Clifford in the starting line-up. Frank Howarth Anytime.

As always, I would love to hear everyone's opinions on these tips and remember, they are just an opinion.
3/4 Here - IGS just quite not pulling through as I expected. I still back them as a great team this season though who have been extremely unlucky

backfencebandit

Chris McKivat (8)
I think IGS have to be very happy with their performance this year losing some very close games to some quality oppositions and have gained respect across the community as a building rugby program for this next few years, would love to see a premiership out at the switch soon

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just going to say this now before the forum turns into a war zone again… DON’T SAY RIDICULOUS COMMENTS. Cyclopath, a respected moderator on this forum, has warned us already. Don’t ruin my livelihood again…
Hey B6 I know you were at the TGS game however what were your thoughts on the breakdown maestro of Joe Gray #7 (c)

thatguyfrombrelf

Frank Row (1)
Just gotta make sure the boys make it to round 9 ross. That will be a david v goliath type atmosphere and the 3.5k kids that state high has must be taken advantage of in respect to a crowed size for such a monumental occasion.
The atmosphere at round 9 Ross oval will be very big, with the 3.5k kids at state high that will come.

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
If you read the rules on this forum you would know there is a clear rule saying “Play the Ball, not the man”. I would recommend deleting this, before a moderator sees it…
That would be a smart idea young man.
Does anyone know who has been in team of the week the most so far

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
Just want to make a quick post here… Whilist I was watching my son, 14As TGS breakaway, I caught up with @WHACKO_JACKO.GT. Funnily enough, WJ also has a son playing in this 14As comp for GT (Tighthead Prop Forward). We bumped into eachother, whilist screaming at boys (Supportingly), I recgonised him from his profile picture, and we REALLY hit it off. We shared a hot brew of coffee together, during the game, and spun yarns about GPS footy, his PNG heritage and his time in the Pilbara mining camps… Let me just say this his son can play, easily a first prospect in the coming years… Additionally, I figured out both of our sons have been selected in Emerging Reds Cup (ERC), in the QLD country, and Brisbane white team. Hope to see you soon at this carnival brother... May your ban be reviewed, and potentially be lifted in the coming hours, days and weeks. #Justice4WJ !

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Game Scores from NC vs DC
NC Combined 16A/2nd XV vs DC 1st XV: 26 - 17
NC 3rd XV vs DC 2nd XV: 31 - 20
NC 5th XV vs DC 3rd XV: 42 - 0

For all talking about Downlands coming into the GPS, their depth in the opens and teams below show that they just wouldn't be strong enough to come in this late, especially given the historical importance of the 9 GPS schools. Good Footy from NC here too, DC's 1's are better than most years and have put up performances against GPS schools. NC showing their depth and calibur clearly, and also showing why DC don't have the depth for GPS, especially with that 3rds vs 5ths score.

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
Hey Guan Syun, I respect your input but I do not think it's fair. Hales has been in my opinion one of GT'S best and he is a top 3 halfback within this competition which plenty of experience playing since year 10. I don't think your statement is justified and you're simply just saying words without meaning as he got a try and set up another one at the range on Saturday. Furthermore this forum isn't about having a go to schoolboys regardless of what you think.
Who else is in the top 3

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Just want to make a quick post here… Whilist I was watching my son, 14As TGS breakaway, I caught up with @WHACKO_JACKO.GT. Funnily enough, WJ also has a son playing in this 14As comp for GT (Tighthead Prop Forward). We bumped into eachother, whilist screaming at boys (Supportingly), I recgonised him from his profile picture, and we REALLY hit it off. We shared a hot brew of coffee together, during the game, and spun yarns about GPS footy, his PNG heritage and his time in the Pilbara mining camps… Let me just say this his son can play, easily a first prospect in the coming years… Additionally, I figured out both of our sons have been selected in Emerging Reds Cup (ERC), in the QLD country, and Brisbane white team. Hope to see you soon at this carnival brother... May your ban be reviewed, and potentially be lifted in the coming hours, days and weeks. #Justice4WJ !
Love this mate, nothing better than spinning a yarn with fellow GPS Footy Heads.