• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Another week another BGS defeat. I just have lost faith in that BGS team. Dont know if it’s the coaching staff or players, but every year BGS disappoint. Was really hoping to see some improvement today against BBC, but BGS seem to have a front row that watches rucks. Every breakdown was dominated by BBC, whilst BGS had players with hands on hips.
I truly believe that next year, they will win a game of GPS Rugby their program is developing massively. Ps. Fraser Mcreight is joining the coaching staff.

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
TGS 13A, 15A, 16A and Firsts all got the win today, with the 16A’s dominating 45-10. Rhymen Tusi plays half a game and brings energy to the 16A’s, TGS 16A’s will give NC a good crack next week.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
TGS 13A, 15A, 16A and Firsts all got the win today, with the 16A’s dominating 45-10. Rhymen Tusi plays half a game and brings energy to the 16A’s, TGS 16A’s will give NC a good crack next week.
They will win comfortably. Rhymen played a bit more than a half but he did get subbed in the second. May have been a different score if he played the whole time

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
Don’t want to poke the Polar Bear but the Terrace supporters have gone very quiet - I’m sure their team will make a better effort next week at home vs BBC

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
There was nothing unchilled in that comment Tony, you’ve tapped too quickly, just an effective prod. Win, lose or draw looking forward to a great game at Tennyson. Loved that year they played both the bagpipes and your drums together.
God i love the bagpipes. The sound gives me goosebumps as the teams walking down the hill. It just makes me want to hit a breakdown hard.

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
TGS beat Churchie 33-0 in 16A’s
Yep and Bshs beat Tgs 17-7. As I say i dont put too weight in the under 16’s results.

Many of Churchie 1st 15 are only year 10/11. I had a go at making a list of who are back next yr. Anyone point out who not on my list, or any I included who should be the

Treyvon
Fletcher Austin
Alfie Bowman
Sio Kite
Sam Williams
Tom Wood
Angus Underwood

Plenty of other schools will be in the same situation with returning players , hence under 16a form is not reliable.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There was nothing unchilled in that comment Tony, you’ve tapped too quickly, just an effective prod. Win, lose or draw looking forward to a great game at Tennyson. Loved that year they played both the bagpipes and your drums together.
Absolutely agree 100% reading it back i certainly tapped to quick.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yep and Bshs beat Tgs 17-7. As I say i dont put too weight in the under 16’s results.

Many of Churchie 1st 15 are only year 10/11. I had a go at making a list of who are back next yr. Anyone point out who not on my list, or any I included who should be the

Treyvon
Fletcher Austin
Alfie Bowman
Sio Kite
Sam Williams
Tom Wood
Angus Underwood

Plenty of other schools will be in the same situation with returning players , hence under 16a form is not reliable.
Plenty of talent. U16 Boy Tom Wood has certainly impressed this year.

Dunc

Frank Row (1)
Gentlemen, long time listener, first time caller. Have been reading this blog 4-5 weeks and I understand this is a GPS blog. I will premise my comment by stating I currently coach in the GPS system. it is broken, has been for a long time. this is just one piece of the missed up puzzle that is Aust Rugby. The GPS comp has been the weaker comp of the Qld schoolboy rugby scene, ever since my time back in the 1990's. I am a firm believer you blokes always thought you were better than any of the other comps going on in SEQ, but it is just not the case. happy to discuss stats!

Perhaps it is time we just let kids have a run, see where the cards fall and stop commenting 24/7 on players by name and stuff, and let them have their time. your time has passed!!

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Gentlemen, long time listener, first time caller. Have been reading this blog 4-5 weeks and I understand this is a GPS blog. I will premise my comment by stating I currently coach in the GPS system. it is broken, has been for a long time. this is just one piece of the missed up puzzle that is Aust Rugby. The GPS comp has been the weaker comp of the Qld schoolboy rugby scene, ever since my time back in the 1990's. I am a firm believer you blokes always thought you were better than any of the other comps going on in SEQ, but it is just not the case. happy to discuss stats!

Perhaps it is time we just let kids have a run, see where the cards fall and stop commenting 24/7 on players by name and stuff, and let them have their time. your time has passed!!
Hey Dunc, don't really understand what your trying to say here if you could please clarify.

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)

Doug you lost me at “The GPS comp has been the weaker comp”.