• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Ankle_tap_Albo

Peter Burge (5)
Just letting the forum know I have made the drive out from Inverell to Toowoomba. To watch my son play in the 14As, games at 10am if you see me come spin a yarn and we can talk good GPS footy…
Hi,

New to the GPS 2024 Forum today.

How did the TGS 14A's go? I've heard the GT 14A's are quite strong this year. I believe they had a few people make the U14s Emerging Reds Cup in in the BJRU, SEQ, and Brisbane White teams, but also had a few players unlucky to miss out on making a team.

Thanks,
ATA

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
What’s woeful performance by BBC today, only a few individuals could go home thinking they made a positive contribution.

- just thought they would win it hands down
- poor ball handling and retention
- Ball carrier regularly isolated themselves
- lineout calls too complicated and often thrown too long for a windy day
- driving maul - they got two 20m tries but often lost the ball or knocked it on when they get too anxious and drive the maul too fast
- backs too bunched to get any flow unless they gave it to their 14 who was one standout player along with 15-9&6
- hope that was getting a bad game away, they played nothing like when they played
State High.

BBC 2nd XV much more controlled and determined than their 1sts XV.

Full credit to Grammar - guts n grit almost beat overconfident and over coached.

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
My Apologies. This must mean Churchie may be in the goods for next year as I believe they have a relatively younger side compared to most.
i cant see it. Churchie 16a have only beaten Terrace Bgs and Nudgee this year. Tgs, Bshs and Bbc have all beaten them. Tgs gave them a real beating.

Yes this years 1st has some young guns back next and combine with a spirited 16 team , who knows ,but I suspect Churchie is in rebuilding stage, but their rugby is pretty to watch and now inventive rugby. Not boring out of the text book anymore with new coaches Philosophy. A new mindset to Gps schoolboys and its what is needed. Let see how their already solid program evolves over coming years.

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
My Apologies. This must mean Churchie may be in the goods for next year as I believe they have a relatively younger side compared to most.
Logical but it can often be a long bow especially when there are so many 18yo players

Anyone know who has a lot of 18yo player next year or doing a 2nd year as they sometimes do?

Does that leave BBC the only undefeated 16A team?

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
Bshs looked to be in first gear this afternoon. The first 10 minutes. Acgs looked in total control and Bshs body language looked disinterested.

But the truth was whilst Churchie played disciplined and inventive rugby putting constant pressure on Bshs, it appeared that when Bshs got bored of that game they tore Churchie open for 5 min, and with athleticism and gile , tossed the ball around and scored at Will. They looked like they just wanted to blow past Churchie using as little energy as possible, doing enough when needed to ensure all knew who was in control.

certainly Bshs need a lot of tidying up, with some sloppy knock ons, but they look a team brimming with confidence and their physical size and strength will be more than a handful for bgs and Nudgee having already blown passed Bbc earlier in the season. If they can play disciplined footy, they should take this years premiership.

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
Logical but it can often be a long bow especially when there are so many 18yo players

Anyone know who has a lot of 18yo player next year or doing a 2nd year as they sometimes do?

Does that leave BBC the only undefeated 16A team?
Bshs Bbc and Tgs seem to be the dominant teams in 16a at a guess

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
To be fair , my experience is to never use how the 16 go as a guide to the following years first 15 prospects. It never goes to plan. There has been many hopeful premiership 16s who do not go on and win opens
Per my previous post it often more comes down to how many quality 18yo in the team - not dissimilar to colts teams with quality 20yo

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
What a day out excellent footy from both GT and TGS…

Attachments

• IMG_5005.jpeg
    IMG_5005.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
I decided to go up the range and watch the TGS VS GT game. To be honest there wasn't much Eno (energy) out there from the boys, in which TGS were asking all the questions. Bit disappointing to see especially as GT played great against NC. I was able to fortunately catch the last bit of Downlands vs NC. Similar story as usual the Downlands forwards dominated but as a whole the Nudgee reserves were to clinical.

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another week another BGS defeat. I just have lost faith in that BGS team. Dont know if it’s the coaching staff or players, but every year BGS disappoint. Was really hoping to see some improvement today against BBC, but BGS seem to have a front row that watches breakdowns. Every breakdown was dominated by BBC, whilst BGS had players with hands on hips.

Last edited: