• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Churchie: The number 9 (not sure of his name) shifty with a clean pill, unlucky to not be playing firsts
Brisbane Grammar: #10 Will Driessen, great footy IQ with a bullet pass. Versatile player can cover most positions in the backline
Brisbane Boys College: Prior to firsts call up The Pitbull was a standout in the front row
Terrace: The big #2 "Jacko" great set piece, hits hard

-G.S
A player I would add here is Tiso (NC), Winger. He has been electric for the NC 2's in their season thus far.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Churchie: The number 9 (not sure of his name) shifty with a clean pill, unlucky to not be playing firsts
Brisbane Grammar: #10 Will Driessen, great footy IQ with a bullet pass. Versatile player can cover most positions in the backline
Brisbane Boys College: Prior to firsts call up The Pitbull was a standout in the front row
Terrace: The big #2 "Jacko" great set piece, hits hard

-G.S
My two favourite 2XV players are/were also H. Jackson (GT) and L. Clifford (BBC). It is great we were able to see Pitty play at the top level were he belongs. He improved an already strong BBC scrum and is very underrated around the park. H. Jackson the 2XV hooker for the GT has been unlucky to not crack the first stage yet. Despite being undersized has good hands and wears his heart on his sleeve not being afraid to run and tackle the big boys. He is great at set piece due to him being technically sound. Also I believe the ACGS #9 is N. Ecclestone who is a quality player stuck behind two great halfbacks. Ecclestone played QLD U15S back in 2022.

-QTT

bigmoneybrown

Allen Oxlade (6)
Afternoon Gents. A little off topic but I must say from the games i’ve witnessed, the state high sports culture is DIFFERENT this year. I believe the surge in school spirit is being lead by a man by the name HAVEA. Usually a crowed of 3 homeless men and their dog, Fursden is seeing a lot more numbers this year. For a school as big as it is it’s a shame they dont get the crowds they deserve at games. All I know is, if the boys make it to a grand final against nudgee, I will be expecting the whole 3.5k to be going.

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
As we all do. As a BGS old boy myself (2000) I try to stay as fair as I can, though BGS are giving me much to be biased about as of recent.
Hey BB,

Are you familiar with the Great Steven Moore BGSOB (00')?
I have seen him around the younger BGS games this year i presume he has a son coming through.

-Cheers, DB

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
Hey BB,

Are you familiar with the Great Steven Moore BGSOB (00')?
I have seen him around the younger BGS games this year i presume he has a son coming through.

-Cheers, DB
Yes of course, he actually went to another one of my old schools which i attended from 7-9 RGS. I don't belive he has a child but loves to get around and support his old school which is great to see.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Does anybody know which school has the most kids returning next year.
Not entirely sure, I believe GT have 7 year 11 students in the 1sts, NC have at least four or five I think and I'm not too sure about the others. I'm very keen to see the transfer from under16s to Opens next year I've watched a couple Under 16s games and there is some real talent.