• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QC (Quade Cooper) cited for knee on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Great news..... Im sure deans has not slept yet and went in gun blazing, im sure making reference to other incidents that happen to the game.... That the WB did not make a issue....

A

Army_Gav

A SANZAR Judicial Hearing held in Brisbane today has dismissed a charge of foul play against Australian flyhalf Quade Cooper.

Cooper had been cited for an alleged contravention of foul play Law 10.4 (a): striking an opponent with the knee. The incident, involving New Zealand captain Richie McCaw, occurred during the second half of the Tri-Nations Test on Saturday.

SANZAR Judicial Officer, Advocate Jannie Lubbe SC, reviewed video footage of the incident. He also heard evidence from the player and Australian coach Robbie Deans and submissions by Cooper's legal counsel.

Cooper admitted that his knee made contact with McCaw's face but testified that the contact was accidental as he was in the process of getting up from the ground and he had no intention of striking his opponent with the knee.

Lubbe found that Cooper's evidence was in line with video footage of the incident. He concluded that on the available evidence he was not satisfied on a balance of probability that Cooper acted in breach of Law 10.4 (a) and dismissed the citing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, a lucky break, methinks. I'm sure it will be more harshly reviewed elsewhere, but I guess we can all move on. I really, really hope somebody takes QC (Quade Cooper) aside and has a little chat.

J

Jay

I'm happy if he can put a good rib-tickler on McCaw

Why stop there? I mean, if you're gonna start going into the realms of fantasy, why can't Cooper just fly over his head or turn him into a goat or something?

J

Jay

Have you had your eyes closed for the past 10 yrs? No surprise that two of the first few penalties were against McCaw for killing the ball. He started the whole fracas with Cooper by trying to kick Pocock (I think it was Pocock) in the balls in Hong Kong last year.

Bullshit he did. Cooper started it with a no arms shoulder charge to clear McCaw out then a Jake the Muss style standover. And McCaw's kick out looked to me to be because his leg was bent back by the standover.

[video=youtube;TkDTkXuxr7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDTkXuxr7Q[/video]

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well, a lucky break, methinks. I'm sure it will be more harshly reviewed elsewhere, but I guess we can all move on. I really, really hope somebody takes QC (Quade Cooper) aside and has a little chat.

im sure horwil wil and the coaching staff has.....Cooper needs to let go of the hatred he has for Richie..and play the game and get it where it really hurts and that by wining.

H

H...

not condoning knees to the head, but I like him winding the all blacks up. We need some attitude in the side, it showed last night.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Why stop there? I mean, if you're gonna start going into the realms of fantasy, why can't Cooper just fly over his head or turn him into a goat or something?

Maybe I should have said " I'd be really happy and gob-smacked" ? :)

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Thanks for putting that up, cruiser. If you have time could you do me a favour, please? Look back about three minutes before that and see what happened to Dan Vickerman. I think he was on the ground after a ruck on NZ's side of halfway and a black ran past and kneed him in the head or neck.

Is this what you wanted? Only thing I could find in the 2nd half. Looks pretty innocuous.

[video=youtube;npdKcZzcNhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npdKcZzcNhM[/video]

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think Vickerman gave himself a stinger in the tackle, then McCaw brushed him as he stepped over - nothing in it.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well with his best Bra's SBW and The Man boxers, maybe cooper is looking at the UFC debut.... OH Dear... Sorry...

Z

Zeno

Thanks cruiser. You're right cyclo—Vicks hurt himself in the tackle. I've been wrong about this.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)

Indeed. The SANZAR judiciary has maintained the lucky dip approach. Speaking of harsh reviews elsewhere, I imagine TSF is in full meltdown mode about now :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Indeed. The SANZAR judiciary has maintained the lucky dip approach. Speaking of harsh reviews elsewhere, I imagine TSF is in full meltdown mode about now :)

That was where I meant. Although, I think most realise that the SANZAR judiciary is the full "Box of Chocolates" - you never know what yur gonna git!

sanchez

Bob McCowan (2)
Has anyone got footage or a link of the ali williams trip on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?

I must have missed it!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Kev did this, Ali did that, Richie did that.

That has no bearing on the judiciary process. They don't sit there going "oh well there were lots of other cheap shots in the game so let's overlook this."

Knee to the head. End of story.

If the Wallabies took exception to Kev punching Elsom they would have raised it as a citing. But they don't. We all except the odd biff, but if you think it's the same as a knee to the head you possibly need a solid knock to the head yourself. :)

How do you rate the choke hold clean out in the scheme of things. I'm sure pocock has a sore neck this morning and may have been a bit short of oxygen last night. I am really surprised that refs continue to condone this act. It is clearly an illegal play and often happens in their full view.

Status
Not open for further replies.