• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QC (Quade Cooper) cited for knee on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cooper is foolish. Why he persists with this crap against McCaw is beyond me. If he was truly "hard" and could make a decent tackle, he might have a shred of credibility, but he just looks ridiculous doing this.
If the boot was on the other foot, and someone Aussies love to hate (Ali Williams, Bakkies etc...) did that to our skipper, we'd be baying for blood. He should get 2 weeks at least. He's lucky McCaw is hard to rile, otherwise he might have had his face dented in by now.
Fuck, this annoys me, just when the team gets some real momentum, and this shit happens.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Bored, so I uploaded the clip to youtube. Looks much worse from the first camera angle (the touchline side) than the other.

[video=youtube;Z9RYZStDdDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9RYZStDdDI[/video]

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Jeez, seeing what cooper did is nothing more than what richie does. I'm sure someone has a avatar of richie with a swinging are copping Cooper in the head when he was running back on side. But SANZA's Last big call and I'm sure the will do something

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Jamie Heaslip's kneeing looked very different and much more deliberate. Quade might try to get off saying his boot caught as he was getting up. I think he will get two weeks, if Heaslip got five weeks for his work.

[video=youtube;L3HvvvnlGQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HvvvnlGQI[/video]

U

undercoverkiwi

Jamie Heaslip's kneeing looked very different and much more deliberate. Quade might try to get off saying his boot caught as he was getting up. I think he will get two weeks, if Heaslip got five weeks for his work

Cooper will get a week or two, max, despite how much of a shitty cheap shot it was. No-one's going to get banned on the eve of the RWC. There's enough top players missing as it is.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
yeh I reckon - I bet the organisers in NZ are hoping he isn't banned despite the All Black loss. You gotta have one of the best attacking players on the park playing.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jamie Heaslip's kneeing looked very different and much more deliberate. Quade might try to get off saying his boot caught as he was getting up. I think he will get two weeks, if Heaslip got five weeks for his work.

[video=youtube;L3HvvvnlGQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HvvvnlGQI[/video]

Given that Heaslip got a red when it happened and then got five weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see Quade get longer than a couple of weeks.

(Not that I think there was a whole lot in it - but QC (Quade Cooper) needs to stop this stupid shit anyway)

J

Jay

I think it can only be a couple of weeks at the most.

Working in our favour is surely the fact that it wasn't picked up on the field. If the referee and ARs didn't see it, and no one got injured so it didn't cause a major incident between the teams, then I would think that diminishes the potential gravity of it.

It's usually the other way round - if something is serious enough to get cited, if the ref spotted it and imposed a sanction at the time it often mitigates the punishment somewhat.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
Yes he does need to tone it down. QC (Quade Cooper) was having a little go at Richie in the lead up to Genia's try...imagine if a touchie had put up a flag and the try was disallowed. I am not sure why he does it... There is very little upside in baiting Richie. And doing stuff that is liable to give away a penalty in attack is just dumb.

J

Jay

Bored, so I uploaded the clip to youtube. Looks much worse from the first camera angle (the touchline side) than the other.

[video=youtube;Z9RYZStDdDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9RYZStDdDI[/video]

That first angle doesn't look good for him - the way he's looking directly at Richie when he does it...

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
If Cooper's not careful he'll finish up getting targetted for retribution.
He's so talented, but come RWC, getting sent off for stupid crap like that could cost Oz the tournament.
Maybe a few weeks rest might teach him a valuable lesson.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
I genuinely wonder if Quade's constant niggle of McCaw is a concerted attempt to put him off his game.

B

Blob

Completely, completely gutless. I'm surprised people are defending it. The key thing is that it is a citable offence, and that means it is a red card offence. And that means that if the ref or AR had seen it Cooper would have got a red and it would likely have been goodbye game for the Wallabies. Personally, I think the TMO should have breached protocol and the laws and advised the ref because it would have been the right thing to do.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Without trying to excuse Cooper's rubbish I would not be surprised to find Richie has been doing some good niggle and sledge work to rattle him.

Either way definitely agree Cooper needs to stop this crap.

R

Rev Spooner

Silly stuff from Cooper - there was another altercation earlier? - shouldn't get more than one match I reckon.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Cooper is a fool. Why he persists with this crap against McCaw is beyond me. If he was truly "hard" and could make a decent tackle, he might have a shred of credibility, but he just looks ridiculous doing this.
If the boot was on the other foot, and someone Aussies love to hate (Ali Williams, Bakkies etc...) did that to our skipper, we'd be baying for blood. He should get 2 weeks at least. He's lucky McCaw is hard to rile, otherwise he might have had his face dented in by now.
Fuck, this annoys me, just when the team gets some real momentum, and this shit happens.

Dog act by cooper, but as I said in the other thread, the more he distracts McCaw from the game the better. It would be better if he did it through legal tactics though.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Get your head out of the sand and look at the games in years past. AB's have been sledging and cheap shotting at every game, as do a lot of teams. Quade is Quade so get off his band wagon. Sounds like tall poppy syndrome to me. You want him to win but you shoot him down whenever you can. Richie was off his game. You want the backs to stand up and contest, well they did, including Quade. You take the ugly with the good. Don't even get me started but if you want lets begin with Gerry Collins and his citing for the very cheap shot on Kefu - oh thats right, there wasn't one! There were so many headhighs by the AB's last night I lost count. Go the Wallabies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm happy if he can put a good rib-tickler on McCaw, or step him for a try, and give him a sledge if he has anything good to say. But this way is just plain stupid. He needs a bollocking from senior players and coaches. It won't win us games, but it might lose one. Imagine if they saw it last night and he got a red card?

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
After watching it again, the nudge wasn't much. Seen a lot worst and nothing done (the AB hanging of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'S neck). Thorns retalliation pushed Quade back on him with more force than the initial contact. Oh wait, what about Thorn retalliating, isn't that illegal?? Don't condone it, but what's done is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.