• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QC (Quade Cooper) cited for knee on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
Unfortunately I've lost the battle for which channel is watched in the morning. I see your point though.

It was just disappointing to hear those sorts of comments about rugby which are simply not true, particularly when compared to some of the shenanigans that play out during a league game.

Sunrise on Ch 7 having a go at a sport whose rights are held by another channel? Who would have thought.....

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Also the delectable female host of that competitor's breakfast program is the wife of an ex-Wallaby...

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
You know NZ are clutching at straws when they start accusing Quade Cooper of making dangerous tackles.

In Australia we're waiting for the day when we can accuse him of actually making a tackle.

LOL.....I read the article and saw the pics this morning.....only 2 or 3 of the 10-12 pics they had actually looked like they were high tackles.

Highlighted his poor tackling attitude and technique to me more than showing him to be a 'dirty' player.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
the more kiwis hate cooper the more i like him
it was the same when tuquri spear tackled mccaw (knowing there was no injury seeing him dumped on his head was like poetry in motion)
> this was one of his greatest moments in my opinion as i will forever remember him for that
now let me say i do not agree with dirty play and i think it is a blight on the game> but antagonizing kiwis is probably my favorite past time> and im all for anything that unsettles them
its been a long time since our forwards could say they bullied nz> last saturday we witnessed this

J

Jay

I counted about 6 tackles in that lot where he's in contact with the head or neck, but from a still photo it's impossible to tell if it actually warrants a penalty. I did note that there's only about 2 of those tackles where he appears to be using his shoulder (instead of just trying to scrag them with his arms only) - he's got the worst tackling technique of any pro player, I have to say.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I counted about 6 tackles in that lot where he's in contact with the head or neck, but from a still photo it's impossible to tell if it actually warrants a penalty.

Exactly. Impossible to tell from just a photo.

A by product of Quade's terrible tackling technique of grabbing aimlessly at the opponent with outstretched arms is that his arms invariably slide up and off the player, thus passing by their head.

The chance of their being any meaningful contact with the head requiring a penalty is almost zero.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
He is getting under their skin, this article too:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/best-of-sport-analysis/news/article.cfm?c_id=1502180&objectid=10748072

Had a class act like Daniel Carter or Jonny Wilkinson been in the same position, the player underneath would have escaped a knee to the scone. And my World Cup wish: some Brian Lima-type gets a legal shot on Cooper that knocks him into oblivion. This cheap shot merchant deserves it.

It then goes on, and I love this bit:

Breathe easy, All Black fans, because their third-quarter comeback against the victorious Wallabies shows that Richie McCaw's troops still have the goods to smash their transtasman rival when it counts.

So they came back, but not far enough, so that proves they can't lose. Alrighty then...

Status
Not open for further replies.