• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QC (Quade Cooper) cited for knee on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I reckon it was a bit of a low blow and I doubt that his team mates would condone it.

Is QC (Quade Cooper) trying to provoke a response or does he just have a hard on for RM?
It was Bothaesque and Quade needs to remove that type of thing from his game.
It is one thing being respected as hard on the paddock and quite another being a cheap shot merchant.

J

JJ

If you start banning people for stuff like that there would be 5 or 6 guys a game suspended. Botha and Williams would never play.

Yeah, and Richie would probably be fronting up this morning as well for striking Quade. Watch from 2:25 onward. They're both as silly as each other.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/Noogy77#p/u/3/cCRCZJUrtX4[/video]

P.S. Last penalty of the game was against McCaw :)

Me thinks some kiwi's need a cold shower

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Didn't realize at the time that mccaw started that one, seemed that cooper didn't do anything to provoke him. Thorn was again coming over to help his captain out, wonder why he thinks rm needs help against QC (Quade Cooper)?

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I think McCaw does niggle QC (Quade Cooper), and it throws QC (Quade Cooper), which is a good reason to do it. McCaw is just much better at making it legal or invisible, while QC (Quade Cooper) tends to respond, like all aspects of his game, in extravagant and gratuitous fashion.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I love it I think it's great that Quade gets stuck into Richie. Cooper actually has a pretty good record against the Crusaders & All Blacks of late whenever he starts at flyhalf.

As Wallaby flyhalf I think Quade is 2 from 4 & with the Reds as starting flyhalf I think he'd have a 50% or better win ratio against the saders which is very good compared to other Aussies.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cooper really dodged a bullet there! The jumped up little twat should've been benched for a month. If he tries that shit against the French they'll rip the beans out of his bag.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
How do you rate the choke hold clean out in the scheme of things. I'm sure pocock has a sore neck this morning and may have been a bit short of oxygen last night. I am really surprised that refs continue to condone this act. It is clearly an illegal play and often happens in their full view.

Didn't see the choke so can't comment. My point again. Why did the Wallabies not raise it with the citing commissioner?

But you can't argue that Quade's act should somehow be negated by foul play elsewhere like some sort of tit for tat system. I get the feeling that some people in this thread somehow think Quade should have been cleared because the All Blacks did this and that. Do you not see the problem with that?

PS I am completely in agreement over choking and it was a problem well before the Deysel incident. I think if you dig back to those threads you will find me saying very early on in the discussion that it was too often overlooked by refs and seemed like players had started to use it deliberately more often,

T

TOCC

Great. So players can't freely start kneeing each other in the head.

Righto.

Can we add eye gouging just for variety? Kneeing on its own would get boring as fuck real quick.

il be dammed, a south african given an australian a mouthful on dirty play

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Blue, I wasn't referring to a single incident just the type of foul play itself. For me, it should rate pretty high, higher than an accidental high tackle, but lower that a swing arm high tackle.

Happened at least 3 times to pocock at the top of a ruck less that 5 meters from barnes. He obviously saw them, but doesn't seem to think they are an offense or are dangerous which seems to me he is ignoring pob's memo?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
I love it I think it's great that Quade gets stuck into Richie. Cooper actually has a pretty good record against the Crusaders & All Blacks of late whenever he starts at flyhalf.

As Wallaby flyhalf I think Quade is 2 from 4 & with the Reds as starting flyhalf I think he'd have a 50% or better win ratio against the saders which is very good compared to other Aussies.

Do you love it when spineless git doesn't even try to make a tackle? I love watching him standing staring at at an all black score. This part of his game will game back to bite Australia in the ass.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
No I love it that he gives it back to McCaw & everyone here puts shit on Quade even though Richie started the niggle first back in Honkers.

So keep it up Quade I love it that he is the only bloke in Rugby that won't tolerate Richie's shit.

If some of you bothered to take your blinkers off you'll see that Quade only has a running battle with Richie, a bullshit niggle battle that Richie started so to anyone that disagrees go check the footage.

Quade isn't having these problems with any other players.

T

TOCC

Do you love it when spineless git doesn't even try to make a tackle? I love watching him standing staring at at an all black score. This part of his game will game back to bite Australia in the ass.

yep, and criticising someone over the internet is such a bravado act... ironic much?

J

Jay

No I love it that he gives it back to McCaw & everyone here puts shit on Quade even though Richie started the niggle first back in Honkers.

So keep it up Quade I love it that he is the only bloke in Rugby that won't tolerate Richie's shit.

If some of you bothered to take your blinkers off you'll see that Quade only has a running battle with Richie, a bullshit niggle battle that Richie started so to anyone that disagrees go check the footage.

Quade isn't having these problems with any other players.

Ok - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDTkXuxr7Q - I see Cooper with a no-arms shoulder clear out then an attempt at a tough guy stand-over.

Also, I've never been that convinced that the kick isn't partly provoked. Cooper, in following through, has pinned McCaw's leg so that it's fully bent which is fairly uncomfortable. McCaw no doubt attempts to kick out with a bit of force, but I'd say Quade is the initial instigator.

I've also often suspected that Cooper's reaction at the end was just as much to this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fnYUuVYqU0&feature=related#t=04m29s

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Great. So players can't freely start kneeing each other in the head.

Righto.

Can we add eye gouging just for variety? Kneeing on its own would get boring as fuck real quick.

Settle down champ. I love that he's not putting up with Richies shit. How come nobody has really talked about Richie having a swipe at Quade every time they meet at a ruck.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
No way that's an everyday clear out & even better was Richie just happens to be entering from the side so if he had entered the ruck correctly Quade wouldn't of been able to smash him out the way so Richie is in the wrong on two counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.