• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dingdong

DD can you give us your best starting 15?

1 J.McClean
2 T.Lewis
3 I.Lunney
4 A.McDougal
5 H.Boyce
6 S.Hefron
7 S.Mill
8 L.Papworth
9 G.Chapman
10 N.Andrews
11 J.Lapa
12 C.Tulloch
13 S.Laurie
14 H.Brown
15 S.Carter

C.Young
C.Mc Namara
C.Fenwick
D.Fleming
N.O'connell
B.Acreman
J.Holz
J.Newy

I would be running with this team

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Bottom line Magpie is CCC started out as a unit 5 weeks from the Schools Champs and the GPS started out together 6 days beforehand.

CAS 1s had similarly minimal and disrupted preparation as a team and it showed in the 1st game against CCC with a disorganised game plan with lots of one out plays. It's called many things from "lost opportunity", "hogging the ball", "poor decision making" but it is a ofter a result of individuals not being team players.
Next 2 games CAS 1s played as a team and swept the other teams aside.
There is no substitute for playing together against other teams to prepare for a "tournament" - it helps to overcome individuals showboating and promotes team players.
Winning by practicing TEAM play will always make INDIVIDUAL players look their best.

W

Wallaby Bob

Based on last weekend I would go with this run on team for Country. I liked the way they defended especially against Western Zone.

1 J.McClean
2. C.Mc Namara
3. C.Young
4 A.McDougal
5 H.Boyce
6 S.Hefron
7 S.Mill
8 L.Papworth
9. B.Acreman
10 N.Andrews
11 J.Lapa
12 C.Tulloch
13 S.Laurie
14 H.Brown
15 S.Carter

I.Lunney
T.Lewis
C.Fenwick
D.Fleming
N.O'connell
G.Chapman
J.Holz
J.Newy

W

Wallaby Bob

Does country have the capacity to beat Sydney

Country beat Southern Zone, Western Zone and drew with Northern Zone and nearly beat the Baa Baas. I don't think they will beat a combined team. The one area that Country have an advantage is the lack of preparation time for City.

C

cold coffee

CAS 1s had similarly minimal and disrupted preparation as a team and it showed in the 1st game against CCC with a disorganised game plan with lots of one out plays. It's called many things from "lost opportunity", "hogging the ball", "poor decision making" but it is a ofter a result of individuals not being team players.
Next 2 games CAS 1s played as a team and swept the other teams aside.
There is no substitute for playing together against other teams to prepare for a "tournament" - it helps to overcome individuals showboating and promotes team players.
Winning by practicing TEAM play will always make INDIVIDUAL players look their best.

Gents - please read this comment from "cyclopath" and absorb - ....... It is so true...

My biggest issue with certain players is that they are there to put themselves on show instead of playing as a unit. Make no bones about it this is why CAS 1 underacheived at the schools champs a few weeks ago... Dont anyone dare give me the dribble about CAS 1 beating Country and AICES by a 1000.... Rememeber CCC made them look ordinary and the quotes made on this forum moons ago about a GPS vs CAS 1 blockbuster did not eventuate...

F

Footyhead72

Keep in mind country lost to western zone last year at regionals by a greater deficit then they lost to city
If country are to win perhaps their biggest game on the calendar they will need to play as a unit and their individual players will need to step up

Is there a Nsw u16s being selected this year from city v country match

T

tzimmy

yes there will be a nsw 16s for the first time in a number of years that i am aware of.

and also on connor finn, in attack he is on a similar level to jamo however in defence he has it all over jamo. my pick is connor finn NSW 16s no 10.

R

rara10

yes there will be a nsw 16s for the first time in a number of years that i am aware of.

and also on connor finn, in attack he is on a similar level to jamo however in defence he has it all over jamo. my pick is connor finn NSW 16s no 10.

From what I have seen they will both want to be on their game to control Andrews and Tulloch

R

rara10

Keep in mind country lost to western zone last year at regionals by a greater deficit then they lost to city
If country are to win perhaps their biggest game on the calendar they will need to play as a unit and their individual players will need to step up

Is there a Nsw u16s being selected this year from city v country match

After reading this i rang a mate of mine that was involved in the team last year and he informs me they lost 2 of their starting players the day before the regionals and 3 more of their starting players on day one. The played MWZ on day two not at full strength. This would account for the better performance against Syd and the turn around this year.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)

As has already been disscussed here, there will not be a NSW 16's team but the usual Sydney, Schools and Country teams.

R

rara10

As has already been disscussed here, there will not be a NSW 16's team but the usual Sydney, Schools and Country teams.

You might want to check that as there is a NSW V QLD game sheduled for the U16s and given the NSW u16s coach was at the regionals I think you are mistaken. this game is after the Nationals.

A

Ageing Parent

Dermo, in the past you would have been quite correct. However, this year I believe it is NSWJRU's intention to also include a NSW U16's for a one-off match against Qld. This to most likely occur at the same time as the (traditional) U15's & U.17's play their scheduled matches against the banana-benders.
This match was also discussed last year when the then NSW U15's beat QLD up at Ballymore.
(Hopefully this year, NSWJRU will have the appropriate shield to present to the winners !)
One presumes selection for this NSW team will come mainly out of the SJRU & NSW Country teams to contest the ARU Championships in September at View ( since the NSW Schools team seems to be a bit on the nose with a few people on these forums......)

F

Footyhead72

After reading this i rang a mate of mine that was involved in the team last year and he informs me they lost 2 of their starting players the day before the regionals and 3 more of their starting players on day one. The played MWZ on day two not at full strength. This would account for the better performance against Syd and the turn around this year.

That is true country was missing fullback adrian Delore and 10 nic Andrews

F

Footyhead72

From what I have seen they will both want to be on their game to control Andrews and Tulloch

100% agree. I think Andrews and Tulloch have got to be in the Nsw side even if it is over Finn and Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.