• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
J.mCcLEAN
T.Lewis
I.Lunney
A.McDougal
H.Boyce
S.Hefron
S.Mill
L.Papworth
B.Acreman
N.Andrews
J.Lapa
J.Holz
S.Laurie
H.Brown
J.Newy
C.Young
C.Mc Namara
C.Fenwick
D.Fleming
G.Chapman
N.O'connell
C.Tulloch
S.Carter

This is the line up from the regionals, I believe it has stayed the same.

DD can you give us your best starting 15?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
CTPE, if you are a tyke and not a GPS one you are a disgrace I say, a bloody disgrace. I will be talking to the Pope tomorrow regarding your excommunication.:cool:

Magpie I am indeed a tyke and am non GPS. I will be saying a few decades of the Rosary tonight in the hope that the Holy Father does not acede to your request.

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
The Presidents (GPS) U16s were easily the best team at the Schools Champs despite the fact that the team was only selected the Monday before the Champs weekend and had only two training runs together whilst some of the other sides had longer preparations. I could open a real can of worms here - but is this reflective of the players' abilities? (ie is GPS a much stronger competition?) or their coaches ability? (ie to get a team playing great team rugby on a very limited preparation).I]

Last years schools 16's had 19 of 23 squad from GPS and lost to Sydney. Now a lot of them are up in Qld as the NSW II's getting beat by Victoria while the I's with a better mix of associations is actually playing well and is a chance of finally ending QLD's reign. Better put the lid back on the worms there tiger before we all see who has the ability as opposed to who has more political influence.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Last years schools 16's had 19 of 23 squad from GPS and lost to Sydney. Now a lot of them are up in Qld as the NSW II's getting beat by Victoria while the I's with a better mix of associations is actually playing well and is a chance of finally ending QLD's reign. Better put the lid back on the worms there tiger before we all see who has the ability as opposed to who has more political influence.

Thanks for the input no 9.... but this is the 2011 U16s thread. Living for the present bro.. not the past.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lads...no comments on the suggested starting teams for Schools and Sydney U16s?

I'm sure there must be some alternate proposals or must I go to bed before I can get my 300th post in?

M

magpie4ever

Lads...no comments on the suggested starting teams for Schools and Sydney U16s?

I'm sure there must be some alternate proposals or must I go to bed before I can get my 300th post in?

Loose forwards - music scholarship holders
Tight 5 - community service scholarsip holders
Halves - Rupert Murdoch scholarship holders.

Got to stop - I'm too funny.

M

magpie4ever

Guys, my time has come. Goodbye, until next year when I & I'm sure some of you will do it all again.

Best of Luck to the boys selected, hope they do their squads proud.

F

For the love of the game.

Would still have Rory Davis as captain and Matt Sandell as VC[/QUOTE]

second dat

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
CTPE Jack Redden will be playing inside centre for Sydney, he would be wasted out on the wing in this age group. Also i dont mean to offend Magpie, but i think you just need to face up to the fact the GPS were miles ahead of every team at schools and they deserve the high amount of selections, untill you can start nameing CCC players who would make the team and the the names of the players they would replace, i think you should chill on the bitching and moaning.

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
Thanks for the input no 9.... but this is the 2011 U16s thread. Living for the present bro.. not the past.

Just keep perpetuating the myth my colleague. GPS is not the beginning and end of NSW schools rugby, it's just that they have more political clout than the Masons, Illuminati, Catholics, Chinese government and Bob Browne put together and we just keep bowing at the temple and sending teams out to get put to the sword by some tough, unpampered Qld upstarts. What do they say about learning from past mistakes, unless you are a NSW schools rugby selector. Viva la revolution!

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Just keep perpetuating the myth my colleague. GPS is not the beginning and end of NSW schools rugby, it's just that they have more political clout than the Masons, Illuminati, Catholics, Chinese government and Bob Browne put together and we just keep bowing at the temple and sending teams out to get put to the sword by some tough, unpampered Qld upstarts. What do they say about learning from past mistakes, unless you are a NSW schools rugby selector. Viva la revolution!
Can everyone please start nameimg players who are better than the GPS players selected before they start abusing the GPS competition !!!

F

HEADLINE: SJRU reward mediocrity.

CAS were the most totally under achieving side can't make it into schools so lets load them into the Sydney side!

Having said that there are also some very good selections.

How will J Clark handle the Schools two run away freight trains running his channel? Few sleepless nights there i think!

Very disapointing SJRU and you had the chance to get it right.

GET OVA JAMOE we know u dont like him

F

Can everyone please start nameimg players who are better than the GPS players selected before they start abusing the GPS competition !!!

gps were obviously the best team, so they deserve all there spots
sorry if u or yr son didnt make it.

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
GET OVA JAMOE we know u dont like him

You obviously haven't read my previous posts, where i have indeed said that J Clark has got good skill sets with regard to his pass, kicking in general play and reading the game. All i have pointed out is he is lacking in the defensive department. Also i don't dislike anybody so please don't infer that i do. Out of the four 5/8's discussed in this forum i would have him at number 4, others see it differently which they are also entitled to do. Its all about balance.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

No 9.... don't know where you get your info from but the mistakes are yours my friend. There have been ten U16 Nationals Championships held to date and NSW Schools U16s have won 6 of them.... that's right 6... their last being in 2009. I suggest that on that form the NSW Schools selectors are doing exceptionally well with their choices.

D

Dingdong

Stop flapping ya gums no 9 and GIVE US THE NAMES! I'm really intrigued who you think was hard done by in regard to selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.