• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi playing in Oz

Allen Oxlade (6)
hahaha magpie the rest of us have been stewing all day over this. I raise my middle finger to the selectors and NSW junior rugby. What a joke! And people wonder why athletes take up sport scholarships when it's clear that if you're in the right school playing rugby then that's one foot in the door to higher honours whether or not your good enough to be there! Go the All Blacks!

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Didn't see Chapman & MacDougall's names on the country website.

Magpie - for the life of me I can't find anything about U/16's on the Country website! All other ages there but U/16's ......???? I just know these boys are in the squad - MacDougall filled in 2nd row with Hawkins out on the weekend and Chapman was ill, but they both went well and big contributors in a true team effort!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lord give me strength: let me say this, at a guess these GPS players would have played against each other on a regular basis for a number of years (possibly 4)

In real terms thay play 5 games against each other per year (excluding games against Grammar and High). Any Country or City boy playing club rugby gets infinitely more exposure against potential rep teammates than any GPS player and the club players often start playing against each other at U8 level.

[/QUOTE]and if you have ever played football[/QUOTE]

Played my last game in thirds in the SRU comp at age 44. Plenty before that in higher grades. You Magpie?

M

magpie4ever

Magpie - for the life of me I can't find anything about U/16's on the Country website! All other ages there but U/16's ......???? I just know these boys are in the squad - MacDougall filled in 2nd row with Hawkins out on the weekend and Chapman was ill, but they both went well and big contributors in a true team effort!

Wreckless, this is the list on their website:

NSW Country
Alex Brown (Far North Coast)
Luke Burton (New England)
Lachie Creighton (New England)
Jayden Darke (Far North Coast)
Jack Davis (Far North Coast)
Tyler Gallienne (Central North)
Daniel Greene (Hunter)
Joe Henderson (New England)
James Hewetson (Far North Coast)
Damien James (Hunter)
Tom Johnson (Central West)
Andrew Lawler (Central Coast)
Kurt McDonald (Far North Coast)
Rowan McGowan (New England)
Jake McIntre (Far North Coast)
Connor O'Leary (Hunter)
Jake Palermo (Illawarra)
Fletcher Patterson (Far North Coast)
Rowan Perry (Far North Coast)
John Porch (Central North)
Ben Robinson (Illawarra)
Olly Thomson (Central North)
Jack Yates (Hunter)

D

Dingdong

The country team is as per regional programme.

D

Dingdong

NSW Country
Daniel Greene (Hunter)
Damien James (Hunter)
Connor O'Leary (Hunter)
Jake Palermo (Illawarra)
Ben Robinson (Illawarra)
Jack Yates (Hunter)

That's the 17's team

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

NSW Country
Daniel Greene (Hunter)
Damien James (Hunter)
Connor O'Leary (Hunter)
Jake Palermo (Illawarra)
Ben Robinson (Illawarra)
Jack Yates (Hunter)

Few names missing there? Ah....it's the 17's team!

M

magpie4ever

In real terms thay play 5 games against each other per year (excluding games against Grammar and High). Any Country or City boy playing club rugby gets infinitely more exposure against potential rep teammates than any GPS player and the club players often start playing against each other at U8 level.
and if you have ever played football[/QUOTE] Played my last game in thirds in the SRU comp at age 44. Plenty before that in higher grades. You Magpie?[/QUOTE]

Not the point, but here is my resume. SG Ball - Western Surburbs, playing open age rugby league in the Country at 17, played A-Grade park football in the metro area and ended up playing subbies with a few mates until 35 when my knee finally blew out.

Given your above statement you would therefore agree with me.

How could the CCC boys know each others play better then the GPS players (given they covered the whole state) be fair dinkum CTPE

D

Dingdong

J.mCcLEAN
T.Lewis
I.Lunney
A.McDougal
H.Boyce
S.Hefron
S.Mill
L.Papworth
B.Acreman
N.Andrews
J.Lapa
J.Holz
S.Laurie
H.Brown
J.Newy
C.Young
C.Mc Namara
C.Fenwick
D.Fleming
G.Chapman
N.O'connell
C.Tulloch
S.Carter

This is the line up from the regionals, I believe it has stayed the same.

T

TigersFan5

Lachlan Cannell Killara HS
Hayden Cochrane St Augustine's College
Rory David The King's School
Andrew Deegan St Joseph's College
Adrian Delore Whitebridge HS
Oliver Kamp The Scots College
Andrew Kellaway The Scots College
Jack King St Ignatius
Joey Lussick Newington College
Peter Maa Westfields SHS
Jarrod Matairavula Pendle Hill HS
Taane Milne Randwick BHS
Tepai Moeroa Newington College
Michael Morgan Marist College, Kogarah
Nicholas Pennisi St Joseph's College
Oscar Pople Newington College
George Prassas Newington College
Matthew Sandell St Joseph's College
Josh Schwager St Joseph's College
Ben Stacy The King's School
Doug Streeter Shore School
Oliver Takiveikata Westfields SHS
Anthony Vasillis Randwick BHS

For those that are irritated with this supposed imperfect system. I just looked over this NSW School's side and SJR Side, 5 of the NSW Schools boys, are all on scholarships or a new to GPS schools, so there are 5 boys that could possible have made it from CCC/CHS/ISA etc etc. There are several boys in the SJR side that are also at CAS schools, but exactly like above, some of these boys have been given scholarships to these schools, again, some of these boys should be representing ISA/CHS/CCC not CAS and GPS, so really, GPS and CAS may have the big numbers, but these aren't realistic to where these boys have come from.

D

Dingdong

Jack King St Ignatius
Peter Maa Westfields SHS
Taane Milne Randwick BHS

For those that are irritated with this supposed imperfect system. I just looked over this NSW School's side and SJR Side, 5 of the NSW Schools boys, are all on scholarships or a new to GPS schools, so there are 5 boys that could possible have made it from CCC/CHS/ISA etc etc. There are several boys in the SJR side that are also at CAS schools, but exactly like above, some of these boys have been given scholarships to these schools, again, some of these boys should be representing ISA/CHS/CCC not CAS and GPS, so really, GPS and CAS may have the big numbers, but these aren't realistic to where these boys have come from.

Very good point. Also consider the 5 country boys who board at GPS schools plus 1 in the SJRU team who have come from all corners of the State and all manner of schools originally.

M

magpie4ever

Few names missing there? Ah....it's the 17's team!

Ok, must have been the 2010 team but my point still stands CCC - 3, GPS - 14 plus, CAS - 8 plus, CHS - 7 plus. It doesn't add up.

R

Rugby37

Jack King St Ignatius
Peter Maa Westfields SHS
Taane Milne Randwick BHS

But from those 5 boys, I know for a fact that 2 have family history at those schools.

M

magpie4ever

Very good point. Also consider the 5 country boys who board at GPS schools plus 1 in the SJRU team who have come from all corners of the State and all manner of schools originally.

Are you kidding me DD, what happened to no sporting scholarships - I believe that is in the GPS by-laws. What a cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.