• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Army_Gav

Parra have confirmed on twitter that Kemp will line up on the wing this weekend.

A

Army_Gav

He'd be playing in South Africa if he had that goal.

I suspect you'll find that there are many reasons why he left South Africa; Playing League was probably the lowest on that list.
Might not of had the opportunity in South Africa, given the pool from which they can draw their players. I'm only speculating on his motives though (from what I've read), next time he comes around after a game I'll ask him though.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Might not of had the opportunity in South Africa, given the pool from which they can draw their players. I'm only speculating on his motives though (from what I've read), next time he comes around after a game I'll ask him though.

If you watch the video of him playing rugby at the highest level with people of his age he was the standout player every time.

I think he'd of at least tried to make the U20 national team if he was interested in staying there.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...-with-broncos-league-star-20110406-1d4ca.html

Bet the medical tests turned up something or that he had the typical poor Mungoloid attitude.

Seriously doubt it's an attitude problem with Kemp. Like the story says he is lightning quick and can kick goals so he would be a good pick up for any Rugby team. He did cop some broken ribs and a collapsed lung last season but that is apparently behind him now. Sounds like the Rebels got a phone call from John O'Neill to not spend anymore money on player salaries to me. If I was his manager, I'd be on the phone to Toulon right now.

The way this has been handled just makes the Rebels look like a joke of an organisation.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
The way this has been handled just makes the Rebels look like a joke of an organisation.

Commentary like that is just baseless hyperbole. The Rebels have been quiet all through this process, in fact every story that has been written in the papers have a distinct slant towards coming from Kemp's perspective.

What we know the Rebels have done is: Offered a provisional contract pending medical. Conducted a medical. Withdrawn the contract.

If anything that sounds like a thoroughly professional way to go about business.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Commentary like that is just baseless hyperbole. The Rebels have been quiet all through this process, in fact every story that has been written in the papers have a distinct slant towards coming from Kemp's perspective.

What we know the Rebels have done is: Offered a provisional contract pending medical. Conducted a medical. Withdrawn the contract.

If anything that sounds like a thoroughly professional way to go about business.

It all comes back to who was publicising the transfer before the contract conditions were met, doesn't it. The media I've seen does look at all like Rebels press releases, more like player agents talking up their charge. Rebels will not say if he failed the medical, how can they.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It all comes back to who was publicising the transfer before the contract conditions were met, doesn't it. The media I've seen does look at all like Rebels press releases, more like player agents talking up their charge. Rebels will not say if he failed the medical, how can they.

The player's staff have stupidly made both himself and the Rebels look foolish. The Rebels look unprofessional and he looks like a has been when in reality he has many years ahead of him and the Rebels are quite well run.

The big deal made about "flying him down" is hogwash, of course they wanted to conduct the medical on their terms in their city. If the blokes staff had shut up and he'd stayed in touch maybe he would have even gotten signed in a few months in the off season, shame.

From another thread:
If I was Morohan I would be waiting to see how the Digby negotiations pan out. I have a gut feeling that the family thing will be a big strongpoint for a Rebels bid for him. Should he go, Morohan would certainly be next in line to fill the gap.

There is no doubt that from some of the press on Digby that he grew up in an incredibly family centric environment. Hopefully that will lure him home.

I'd also quite like to see Siliva come home from the Force as I don't understand what they could possibily be offering him that the Rebels couldn't (high level training and a spot in the A side).

This would mean Endeavour Hills would have 2 quite successful players from the club juniors kicking around and would no doubt help them as they try to find their feet in Vic premier seniour rugby.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I do believe a lot of Digby's family are actually in Brisbane, which is why he moved back from the Force in the first place. I wouldn't bank too much on family luring him to Melbourne.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Offered a provisional contract pending medical. Conducted a medical. Withdrawn the contract.
I don't think we even know that, we do know they expressed enough interest to give him a medical but that's all.

I do believe a lot of Digby's family are actually in Brisbane, which is why he moved back from the Force in the first place. I wouldn't bank too much on family luring him to Melbourne.
Didn't that whole issue when he was doing tackle practice in the backyard with his brother and reinjured his shoulder happen in Melbourne?

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't think we even know that, we do know they expressed enough interest to give him a medical but that's all?

yeah, fair point. While there's some difference, it amounts to much the same thing anyway.

I'm fairly sure most of this beat up is coming from either Kemp's management or the Broncos. They're trying to tar the other side in this one.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
yeah, fair point. While there's some difference, it amounts to much the same thing anyway.

I'm fairly sure most of this beat up is coming from either Kemp's management or the Broncos. They're trying to tar the other side in this one.

It's made out that they were being heroes in this whole thing but really they were shedding a player they don't need and freeing up some $$$.

T

TOCC

Didn't that whole issue when he was doing tackle practice in the backyard with his brother and reinjured his shoulder happen in Melbourne?

he has family in both brisbane and melbourne, i think the bulk of his family is in melbourne though

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
You picked up on my inference exactly. What bemuses me is how many people have bought into it.

Yeah shame. Ah well this topic has been flogged to death so in the spirit of grass routes, what's gone wrong at Melb Uni this year?

1 win in 3 grades (3rd grade at that) and it looks like they aren't field a 4th grade this year when numbers are up pretty much across the board in all clubs.

I know, I know early days but still. Wish you boys better luck this weekend.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Embarrasingly, I can't answer that. I'm actually at another uni now, and my studies are consuming most of my time, so I don't get down as much as I should. I have it up there nominally as it is where I used to play.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Embarrasingly, I can't answer that. I'm actually at another uni now, and my studies are consuming most of my time, so I don't get down as much as I should. I have it up there nominally as it is where I used to play.

No harm buddy. Vic premier rugby is improving at a rate of knots, get involved!

T

TOCC

only 11'800 turned out for the Melbourne Storm game against Parramatta, it would be great to see the Rebels finish the season with a higher then average crowd then the Melbourne Storm

T

tranquility

only 11'800 turned out for the Melbourne Storm game against Parramatta, it would be great to see the Rebels finish the season with a higher then average crowd then the Melbourne Storm

ha ha wouldn't it? it would also break David Gallops heart after all the time and money they have spent trying to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.