• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I agree that the people are transient as fans, I know plenty of people who share their spectator time over the Storm and Rebels.

However, of these people the ones who are involved in grass routes sport are only involved in rugby and this is where we will win out over time (in Victoria at least).

Grass Routes league in Victoria is pretty much non-existent and grass routes rugby is on the rise.

yep, i meant 'transient' between the two professional sides, not the codes as a whole, a byproduct of having years of non-existent rugby to support has lead many union fans to become Storm fans.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Too much speculation based on 'rumours' at the moment.

Plus, as I have mentioned before, we need forwards.

EDIT: I am sure that all the franchises are exploring all possible options regarding uncontracted players for 2012. Its unsurprising that the Rebels are aggressive movers; everyone expected them to be in 2012, with no more WC to prevent players from taking a bit of a punt on a new team. This sort of stuff just sells papers.

A

Army_Gav

Too much speculation based on 'rumours' at the moment.

Plus, as I have mentioned before, we need forwards.

EDIT: I am sure that all the franchises are exploring all possible options regarding uncontracted players for 2012. Its unsurprising that the Rebels are aggressive movers; everyone expected them to be in 2012, with no more WC to prevent players from taking a bit of a punt on a new team. This sort of stuff just sells papers.
HUN claiming that Beale could sign today: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/r...ps-and-hugh-pyle/story-e6frfgkf-1226038060562

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Like I said, its nice to think it will possibly happen and probably will sell some papers. But, I will believe it when it comes out as a media release from the Rebels.

Still more interested to know who we are targeting forwards-wise.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If KB (Kurtley Beale) leaves (which he won't I can't see him ever leaving NSW honestly) I don't think I'll be supporting the Tahs anymore.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Interesting, especially as the Force don't need a fullback with all their fullback options, and I'd say that fullback is far and away Beale's best position and I really hope he stays there. I think they would've been better chasing forwards, as said above, but regardless a world class signing is a great signing no matter the position. Hard luck for the Tahs, though.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
alright. classic hits just reported that rebels are expected to sign beale and JOC (James O'Connor) this week, WTF?
You listen to classic hits?

Good luck to KB (Kurtley Beale) if he head to Melbourne, he's been great for the Tahs and hopefully would blossom under Macqueen even more.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting, especially as the Force don't need a fullback with all their fullback options, and I'd say that fullback is far and away Beale's best position and I really hope he stays there. I think they would've been better chasing forwards, as said above, but regardless a world class signing is a great signing no matter the position. Hard luck for the Tahs, though.

While there is many that would agree with you, I think that an important issue is what position KB (Kurtley Beale) wants to play. His enthusiasm to play 10 recently for the Tahs may have just been a show, or it may be that he misses playing that role these days.

I definitely agree with you though that the Rebels should be chasing forwards. We have some good'uns but they're primarily international. Hearing that we'd secured Fatcat or someone such as him would have made me much happier.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Can someone tell me how long Cipriani is locked in. Is it more than one season and if so does he have a get out clause if he becomes part of johnsons plans again.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Can someone tell me how long Cipriani is locked in. Is it more than one season and if so does he have a get out clause if he becomes part of johnsons plans again.

I think we'd need someone with distinct inside information to confirm or deny that specifically. I would not be surprised though if he had an 'exit to play for england' clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.