• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Newter

When Foley was the Aussie scrum coach the S14 sides had a uniform scrum doctrine. The only hold out was Bell at the Reds.

Bizzare, considering their underperformance under Bell. Self-interest ahead of the team, maybe? Foley was pretty interested in the Reds for a while.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Laurie Weeks tweeted he has Bendigo for his club and Scotch for his school.

Lozza should be right at home at Melbourne's premier prop factory, Scotch can claim Ewen McKenzie, Andrew Heath and Richard Harry as former students. Let's hope they can turn out a few more.

T

TOCC

Its always good to have friends like this, Ted Baillieu, pending Premier of Victoria

548795-baillieu-herald-sun.jpg

T

TOCC

probably nothing, pretty sure he is a AFL fan first and foremost.... Probably just doesnt want to wear a specific AFL jersey and risk putting offside voters from other clubs

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
probably nothing, pretty sure he is a AFL fan first and foremost.... Probably just doesnt want to wear a specific AFL jersey and risk putting offside voters from other clubs

That is incorrect.

He played Colts at my club in Victoria and at played at school. He was apparently extremely keen.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
So are you telling me that he is a bigger rugby union fan then he is AFL fan?

Most of the Victorian born rugby fans in Victoria support both codes heavily but considering how many people at my club have told me he was a keen bean and the fact I've seen photos of him in his playing days with quite a handsome mullet I would say he is likely a bigger Union fan then AFL.

I think I was told once he was captain of Melbourne Grammar rugby in his time but that could be incorrect, however he certainly attended the school and it would have been the premier Victorian school rugger program of it's day.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Knowing that Rebels' players are required to link to a Melbourne club and a school, my money would be on Lawrie playing his club football with University - Sydney University.

Bruce not everything is an attack on Sydney University and it's playing ranks, I wasn't saying where will he play I was saying where would he be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.