• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
and an icon for them

Attachments

• Rebels.png
    Rebels.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 727

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Well the membership stuff is good news. That seems alot more reasonable. Might buy two of the cheap ones and bring along some mates to try and get them on board.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
no way, for one its ugly, for two they're direct enemies, none of my jerseys (other than tahs, eastwood and wallabies) are within the shute shield, super 14 or top 10 nations (other than fiji, tonga and samoa, they're jerseys are just too awesome to ignore)

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Not what I was expecting. They seem to have not gone with the Vic history which is dark blue and white hoops or dark blue with a thumping big V. Not sure what this one is, looks like a wetsuit.

M

Mehrts

I have been looking foward to this day for so long :), i am 17 so therefore do i buy a junior membership or a concession ?

T

TOCC

A lot of people this was a shit looking jersey at first as well, but i think the look of it grew on most people...
IMG_1998.jpg

Like mentioned already, once the sponsors are on there with a bit of extra color, and they players wear correctly fitting jerseys it wont look so bad

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't know... I liked the Reds jersey straight off (and the new wallabies jumper)... This Rebels jumper looks like a cheap target shirt with some bogan stars down the front.

A

alexfaure

They seem to have not gone with the Vic history which is dark blue and white hoops or dark blue with a thumping big V.

im very dissapointed with the shirt design. look at the state side Vic 1 and Vic 2 jearsey are seiously cool, they are awesome. so why dont they design something on those lines. no design something that people might be worried to wear out in public

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
im very dissapointed with the shirt design. look at the state side Vic 1 and Vic 2 jearsey are seiously cool, they are awesome. so why dont they design something on those lines. no design something that people might be worried to wear out in public
Those jumpers were puke. The Vic III jumper rocked.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Thought the shorts Sterling was wearing were way worse than the shirt. I've got a couple of ten year old ruggers that look just like that, faded and all!

A

alexfaure

Those jumpers were puke. The Vic III jumper rocked.

nahh there not. those jumpers symbolies victorian sport. just look at like the Victorian football gmes, and even melbourne victory, they both showcase the big v. It would be a shame that the designer to remove this, i truely hope that they change it. Also the VIC III's jumper was okay, i liked the hoops, but the didnt like hope the back part mixed with it, wasnt my favourite

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
Fuck I hoped the kit would be better than that. I'm not buying it. Take away the stars and it's a dodgy looking French strip.

Won't someone please bring back proper collars

Memberships are too high compared to League and AFL. They need to have a 4 game membership offer as well, like many of the AFL clubs have. Trying to price like the stinking Tahs. Melbourne is a much more competitive marketplace and smarter marketing is required to build a supporter base.

C

CanadianRugby

As a rugby shirt collector who rivals RF in numbers that I have (modesty forbids me from saying how many), I have decided that I'm just waiting for the next one that they will make next year. Give them some time to improve them. Maybe they can go the Stade Francais route and completely change it every year. But the stars down the middle have to go.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That jersey sucks arse. Those stars are an abomination..and they've gone with blue! There were so many potential colours and patterns and they've come up with...that! Who is the designer? Looks like the work of a committee.

Equally vomit inducing is the:

Retarded
Excruciating
Bilious
Exasperating
Loathsome
Sad

little motto.

I was getting all excited about this new team with the legend manager, now I'm just a little concerned. Hopefully this is not a glimpse of things to come.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I have just signed up for my membership. Now just have to wait 6 months or so for the first game.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Would have been nice if the jersey had a bit more traditional rugby flair about it - like stripes or hoops around the torso in navy and red with a White V cut into it.

Even this jersey of Melbourne FC (one of the oldest, if not the oldest, football club in the world) has reference to the V in their design and the colours I mentioned. Subtle but effective and certainly is a recognisable jersey even if you don't follow AFL. Unless the Rebels start winning from word go, it will be difficult to create a brand with a jersey as unmemorable as theirs.

melbourne-jumper-front-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.