• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

Too many Blue jersey teams in S14. There should be a limit. Waratahs, Brumbies, Force and now Melbourne are Blue.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
HG, the suggestion is it will look like the Vic schools jersey - shown.

I hate the idea of a V, I must say.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Faaaaaantastic. Another blue jersey, and its a Stormers/Sale Sharks Clone.

D

daz

Victorian teams are known as the Big Vee. They would be crazy not to include a vee in their uniforms.

Agree 100%. It is a new team in a new code in an AFL town. The Rebels need to appeal to a common denominator to get supporters on board. The very best way of doing that is by saying "We are a Victorian team" against all other states. The "V" is a symbolic and passionate display of allegiance that will more than likely attract followers who might not have shown an interest otherwise. Navy blue is also the traditional "colour" of Victorian teams. It's a smart move, but not exactly out of left field.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
atleast they're not the same pigment of blue. look at the wikipedia maps if you want to. and also atleast that v isnt a league v they've done their best to steer away from that

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I dont like it. I think just a plain navy blue with a white v (ala st george) and a white collar, would look better. That jearsey looks too contemperary, they should try to establish a consistent jearsey like the tahs and reds. If they don't want to look like a league team, they could always just have two thinner V's instead of one thick one.

T

TOCC

That color dark blue and the V are synonymous with Victorian sporting culture
r247149_1011145.jpg

r215993_840166.jpg

91101175.jpg

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
For me (as a Victorian) navy and white hoops as per the ARC seems the best. Failing that, the blue and white hoops. with a silver V in the MVFC style. My 2c.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
For me (as a Victorian) navy and white hoops as per the ARC seems the best. Failing that, the blue and white hoops. with a silver V in the MVFC style. My 2c.

I agree to an extend (also as a Victorian).

Perhaps one like the Auckland NPC provincial championship jersey with kind of a chestplate with hoops and the rest modern style. It would fit the S14 jersey style and have a classic look about it.

Anyway, what's done is done. Hope we don't have a silly away jersey like the 'canes (and our away jersey will be nearly as important as our home one considering half the league is blue).

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Rebels should get a super-fluro change kit, something to liven up a collection of boring kits that is the Aus Super 15 teams.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Rebels should get a super-fluro change kit, something to liven up a collection of boring kits that is the Aus Super 15 teams.

Haha. The Rebs need to get a core market of rugby traditionalist expats before they go being flamboyant to attract new fans.

I am however, quite sure you are kidding.

T

TOCC

Mortlock did a shoot the other day in next years kit, so shouldn't be to long before the photos are released

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I just remembered Tom Chamberlain has been singed for the Rebels and how happy this makes me.

What a fine player he is, a kiwi opensider cut from the Burger mold. This type of opensider has not been popular recently but I think it still has a place in the modern game.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I can see him being something special.

Some stats here: http://www.harbourrugby.co.nz/player-profile.php?id=32

T

TOCC

His a 191cm and 106kg, he is also pretty dam good at turnovers, definetly has a place in the modern game.

R

rugby_man

Tom Chamberlain is a good player. I think he is a good signing for the Rebels. As TOCC mentioned, he is extremely good at turnovers. One to watch IMO.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's certain the Chamberlain as a player has a place in the game, I more meant keeping him as a 7 rather than changing him into a 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.