• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
If I'm not mistaken, and I very possibly might be, this is Luke Rooney (former Penrith, current Rebels wing/fullback) fly kicking someone as he takes the mark. Obviously accidentally I might add.

It's good for a laugh but he does beat a bloke with a nice palm afterwards, he looks promising.

[video=youtube;kfd_Qhqvm7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfd_Qhqvm7A&feature=player_embedded[/video]

B

Boomy

Don't think that's Rooney. Looks more like Rory Lamont from Scotland.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This is Rooney

[video=youtube;B-TuhuPbZvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-TuhuPbZvc[/video]

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Melbourne Rebels reveal jumper

* Russell Gould
* July 29, 2010 12:00AM

MELBOURNE Rebels coach Rod Macqueen regards the jersey his players will wear in the club's first Super 15 season as special and "unique".

The jersey is branded with the five-star pledge made by everyone at the club.

"There are a lot of blue teams around, and blue and white, but there are no teams that have five stars on their jumper, that's our point of difference," Macqueen said.

What do you think of the Melbourne Rebels' jersey? Have your say below

"Every garment we wear has five stars on it and they are unique because they have different points on each star.

"There is a bit of Victorian tradition behind that as well, the blue and white of the past teams which have represented Victoria, and the players understand that.

"While it is a brand new jersey hopefully it reflects a bit of Victorian sporting and cultural history."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The five-star pledge revolves around respect, excellence, balance, ethos and leadership; five principles Macqueen says are crucial for success in sport and life.

He said the pledge presented a clear measuring stick by which everyone at the club could constantly evaluate themselves.

"It works as a checklist so the players can measure themselves against what the Rebels stand for and what we think it takes to be successful," Macqueen said.

The jersey will be officially unveiled today at the Weary Dunlop Club luncheon.

189472-stirling-mortlock-rebels.jpg

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)
First impression I'm not overly impressed with the jersey. Doesn't look distinctive enough. The shade of blue looks pretty similar to the Stormers jersey. I thought it was going to be a multi-coloured jersey that was predominately blue.

C

CanadianRugby

Yah, not a fan of this thing. I was excited for this jersey to come out, but its a bit of a let down. The stars make it look like Morty spilled something on his shirt. Hoping it looks better when they get together as a team, but not impressed. On the other hand, I thought the Force jersey was a bit stupid.....and still do, but I got used to it.

A

Albert

To be fair, I think it may look better when they stick the major sponsor's logo on the torso, with a sleeve sponsor on the left and the Super Rugby logo on the right arm. Not too many jumpers actually scrub up better when the sponsors are splashed all over them, but they may improve this one.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
meh, is that really the best they can do .......................

What type of human is going to wear that

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'd like to know why they picked blue as the primary colour. Surely there are enough S14/15/16 teams with a blue jersey.
If it were more a stade francais mashup at least it'd be something new (for SH anyway).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Surely they cannot be serious?

Any idea of the away strip? They are sure going to need one. Let me guess? White?

They had a golden opportunity to do something special and that is a failure. They'll sell fuck all.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I'd like to know why they picked blue as the primary colour. Surely there are enough S14/15/16 teams with a blue jersey.
If it were more a stade francais mashup at least it'd be something new (for SH anyway).

discussed before, state colours.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I assume Rod has been away from the graphic design industry for a while now. He's lost the edge.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Could have done so much and came up with that???? Looks rubbish. In saying that it took me a while to get used to the new Reds kit and I like that now. Winning helps.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Rebels show their true colours (Membership, logo & jersey unveiled)

by Rebel Army

After a long wait, Victorian Rugby fans will suffer no more. It’s been 10 months since the 15th Super Rugby license was awarded to the Melbourne Rebels, and we can finally unveil the most important aspects of any sporting team, the logo and jersey. Items which identify our much beloved team.

Memberships are also just as important, giving you more then just access to the games, allowing you to become the lifeblood of the club.

It was always safe assumption that the packages originally offered in a marketing survey (sent out earlier this year), were never indicative of what was truly going to be on offer, however we are a bit disappointed that there are no special offers or concessions for current weary members, and VRU club players and their families.

*Please note, those who registered to participate in the Rebel Army supporter group, should purchase a Category D membership.
Although this doesn’t contain a range of premium features, it does offer excellent value for money, while still allowing you to actively support the Rebels from behind the goals (most likely the Yarra River end) with other die hard Rebels fans.

Without further a due, herewith the details:
Melbourne Rebels Membership Options:

The Melbourne Rebels officially launched their membership packages for all eight (8) home games to be played at AAMI Park in 2011.! There are four membership categories, as well as a $1850.00 per annum package linked to the Weary Dunlop Rugby Club and a Supporter Package for the out of towners.

Herewith the memberships, rated from bottom to top brackets:

Category E membership (Adults $70, Jnr $30) – The entry level option is for supporters who can’t make it to the home games, but want to be part of the Rebels action. This will include weekly communication from the Rebels Club, merchandise offers and invitations to attend exclusive members only events!

Category D membership (Adults $180.00, Conc. $150.00, Jnr. $100.00, Family $440.00) has unreserved seats from behind the goals. There are no Rebels clothing items with this package. However, membership includes a DVD, weekly communication from the club, merchandise offers, invitations to members-only events etc. *Rebel Army supporter group

Category C membership (Adults $350.00, Conc. $305.00, Jnr. $225.00, Family $790.00) has reserved seats between the try-line and the corner, a scarf and similar add on benefits to Categories A and B.

Category B membership (Adults $430.00, Conc. $350.00, Jnr. $265.00, Family $990.00) includes reserved seats between the 22 meter and the goal line, a scarf and similar additional benefits to the Category A package.

Category A membership (Adults: $570.00, Conc. $520.00, Jnr. $435.00) provides a reserved seat situated between the two 22 meter lines. Membership also includes a Rebels polo shirt, the right to book pre-match members' hospitality, weekly communication from Rod Macqueen and invitation s to members-only events.

It should be noted that all seating at the new stadium provides excellent viewing.

NOTE: Concession Memberships are only available to Pension Card Holders they are NOT available to holders of Seniors Cards

These packages go on sale at 9.00am tomorrow morning (30 July)
Melbourne Rebels Logo - welcome to our future:

RESPECT The opposition and each other.
EXCELLENCE Highest standards in everything we do.
BALANCE Sport and life, determination and humility.
ETHOS Team first. ‘We’, not ‘Me’
LEADERSHIP Constantly challenging the status quo.

melbourne_rebels.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.