• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The problem with the "Fuck Cheika" is that course of action - cutting Beale loose - simultaneously offsides every player who supported him, including the senior leadership group i.e. Hooper, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Slipper, etc.

Then the mediocrity we have now will be a faint, glowing memory as a disinterested Wallabies side gets flogged by the ABs, then most of them fail to tour Europe due to mass injuries.

Best option is Beale and Patston are quietly told to take themselves out of the picture, are made aware that any defamation will be dealt with harshly, and we all move on.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Whilst it doesn't have a lot to do with his coaching credentials, it's still a massive feelgood factor to his tenure at the Wallabies. Could anybody else have the same passion for the job as an ex-player?

How many credentialed ex-wallabies have been punted from other roles for anything more than long term failure?

Fuck Cheika. If the Wallabies coach has to worry about keeping the coaches under him happy then he's fucked. Fuck Cheika, Fuck Foley, Fuck McGahan, Fuck Graham, Fuck Larkham and fuck anybody else who isn't happy with the players the ARU is doing extra to keep here, and the way they are doing it.

If Patson was in the wrong. Fuck her off, or at least strongly discipline her and only let her off as this her first step outside her boundaries and her only offence is a sarcastic remark. If Beale is wrong, fuck him off. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt due to past indiscretions.

If Cheika doesn't like the outcome, he can go coach Argentina. If Patson doesn't she can go work for the CMC, or the Reds, whoever will take her. If the players don't like it, they can go too. Whilst I'm sure they have offers, I doubt French clubs are beating down the door for more than one or two of them. But tell them in no uncertain terms, deal with the results and the standards required, or get used to mediocrity, which they should be by now anyway.

is The Coach the only person in the rugby world you don't want fucked?

T

Train Without a Station

The problem with the "Fuck Cheika" is that course of action - cutting Beale loose - simultaneously offsides every player who supported him, including the senior leadership group i.e. Hooper, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Slipper, etc.

Well then the inmates are already running the asylum and we are already fucked anyway.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My bet is Beale will be told not to behave like that but there won't be an official punishment.

In terms of inappropriate workplace behaviour, it's hard to argue that making a comment about the rumoured situation is more serious than the rumour referred to.

There are probably a few people in the ARU that are hoping Beale doesn't re-sign and goes to the NRL though.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Was it at The Burning Palms Hotel in Dubbo?

Is that the joint where the lamp came of the wall and impacted the melon of that Public Servant, while they were on the job away from home, and they tried to get Workers Comp for the injury?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In terms of inappropriate workplace behaviour, it's hard to argue that making a comment about the rumoured situation is more serious than the rumour referred to.

If the rumour is in any way true, then the DSWYE clause needs to take precedence.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
My bet is Beale will be told not to behave like that but there won't be an official punishment.

There are probably a few people in the ARU that are hoping Beale doesn't re-sign and goes to the NRL though.
Part of the issue is going to be Beale's contract negotiations, he might not be kicked out of the game but if he wasn't happy with the offer on the table before this then his only option looks to be leaving as I don't think this will have the aru cracking open the piggy bank. Doesn't help his chances that Foley, To'omua and kuridrani are all in line for a top up soon too.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Part of the issue is going to be Beale's contract negotiations, he might not be kicked out of the game but if he wasn't happy with the offer on the table before this then his only option looks to be leaving as I don't think this will have the aru cracking open the piggy bank. Doesn't help his chances that Foley, To'omua and kuridrani are all in line for a top up soon too.

Foley and Kuridrani aren't eligible: the two-year Wallaby policy rules them out.
To'omua is also in doubt. he's a five-year or a one-year Wallaby, depending on interpretation.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Foley and Kuridrani aren't eligible: the two-year Wallaby policy rules them out.
To'omua is also in doubt. he's a five-year or a one-year Wallaby, depending on interpretation.
I'm not certain how the 2 year policy works in practice but at the longest interpretation of 2 years they're all eligible by the world cup I think. Either way it is near enough on the horizon to effect the amount of money available for Beale.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
To'omua will get guaranteed money next year won't he?

I thought that once you play a certain number of tests in a season you effectively move from match by match payments to a more fixed contract. After you've done that for two years, you can get a guaranteed ARU contract for the next year.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Is that the joint where the lamp came of the wall and impacted the melon of that Public Servant, while they were on the job away from home, and they tried to get Workers Comp for the injury?

I don't know. I was thinking of a different incident.

Try Edward de Bono-stylee.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
I find this thread disturbing.
My preferred outcome for all of this is that no-one loses their jobs and no-one is hung out to dry.

The longer the banter goes (35 pages and counting) the less likely it is that the ARU can simply dismiss the issue as a run of the mill disagreement between 2 people.

On the other hand, we have seen enough crap from the ARU over the years (where's the money gone JO'N? ) that it is difficult to trust them to do the right thing.

I have plenty of respect for Link ( despite the fact that the gameplan sucks and the team keep underperforming ) and would usually back him to do the right thing.

I think the whole mantra of 'What happens on tour stays on tour' will not be the outcome of this tardy little episode.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
When people don't talk about the detail of what the run of the mill disagreement between two people was, especially when it occurred in front of possible 60 witnesses in the business class seating of a long haul plane flight, you can bet your bottom dollar that it was not a run of the mill disagreement.

For all the pitchfork and torch bearers out there, where do you get yours from now?
There are almost no genuine pitchforks (certified by the Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy Association for use by an angry mob seeking justice) available on eBay. They are all replicas and useless for someone who is hot under the collar and needs appropriate and credible equipment to join the Outraged Mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.