• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
haha, if this thread was over at The Silver Frown it'd be all of 3 pages long.

TSF's 25 very, very cross internet prefect moderators would be barking their shins on each others keyboard trays in their mad rush to delete the "useless" posts.

And yet over here you've got one of the moderators instructing us how to make "tinfoil jousting crowbars" or some rubbish. Complete with helpful links to D.I.Y websites. Mine's coming along pretty well just quietly. Ready to lay the smackdown on some of you freaks once you start bobbing ashore here at the Pitcairns. Respect through Fear. That's the Pitcairn way.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
would you mind reminding me what the thread's subject is?
the beauty that you credit has distracted me from what i am sure is a very serious subject.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
If Beale goes, I'd put a substantial bet on the fact Izzy will likely bail as soon as his current deal expires.

Rugby cannot afford to lose either, let alone both right now - especially given their profile and playing ability. Unfortunately rugby is the laughing stock (again) of the Australian sporting landscape despite the Tahs doing everything possible (and Reds not that long ago) by winning the S15 and bringing fans back to the game.

Until the Wallabies regularly win big games and cut their constant soft, $hit chat pre-games and follow it up with hard, after the fact comments - nothing will change. If neither Beale or Folau is around - this becomes even harder.

T

Train Without a Station

If Beale goes, I'd put a substantial bet on the fact Izzy will likely bail as soon as his current deal expires.

Rugby cannot afford to lose either, let alone both right now - especially given their profile and playing ability. Unfortunately rugby is the laughing stock (again) of the Australian sporting landscape despite the Tahs doing everything possible (and Reds not that long ago) by winning the S15 and bringing fans back to the game.

Until the Wallabies regularly win big games and cut their constant soft, $hit chat pre-games and follow it up with hard, after the fact comments - nothing will change. If neither Beale or Folau is around - this becomes even harder.

So if Beale goes and the ARU have more money to offer Folau they will lose him too?

I recommend instead of reading the titles of the articles and getting all upset at the wallabies you read the actual article and particularly the wallabies quotes and see the article titles are taken out of context and there isn't much talking it up from the wallabies.

Also based on any wallaby performances since 2012, losing Beale will not make anything harder for the wallabies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
All bets were off on Folau post-RWC, regardless of the mile-high "shirtgate".

That hasn't changed and whether Beale moves or not doesn't change that.

If anything the effect is the other way round because Israel is higher up on the hill and Kurtley is below. I'd like Folau to stay, but the day Israel departs is the day the potential for those lower down opens up.

But the point is moot because Beale's contact is up this year not the next. He's wanted more of an increase than the offer on the table for several months. It was hard to see that offer being increased before shirtgate and it hasn't gotten easier since.

Whichever way KB (Kurtley Beale) goes, I hope it lands him in Sydney (ARU/Tahs or NRL). France would be like Melbourne writ large.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Whichever way KB (Kurtley Beale) goes, I hope it lands him in Sydney (ARU/Tahs or NRL). France would be like Melbourne writ large.

yeaaaaah, weren't we told that KB (Kurtley Beale)'s biggest problem in Melbourne was being away from his family and "support group"?
i suspect that Toulon is somewhat further away and far less accessible from Sydney than is Melbourne.

i like Beale at the Tahs, where his team mates and The Great Cheik don't seem to have any problems with him.
if we can't have that, you are right - let's see him in Sydney in the NRL.
Beale and Falou would be a great double for the Westies if they went to the Eels, wouldn't they?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
It didnt work cause Waugh ran like a headless chicken and Smith ran like an outside back but both were absolute workhorse maybe selectors thought the lineout was poorer for it. However a well functioning set piece is only as good as the benefit that can be reaped, and noone in the current squad trucks it up and makes half breaks more than Hooper. Ideally their attributes are complementary, for Pocock brute force is a foil to Hooper's finesse, and Hooper is likely to be the best running 6 or 7 in Wobsland, which keeps other contenders on the out. Unless Higgers, McCalman & Palu gets a rocket up em, this tandem could be a sound option.

Whatever happened to the apology and shaking hands as the tried and tested methods of overcoming workplace conflict?
I'm certain if the Poey gets his form back Link will try it but it's not what you'd want.

The real question is Higgers at 6 with Poey at 7 more balanced then Fardy at 6 and Hooper at 7.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
I'm certain if the Poey gets his form back Link will try it but it's not what you'd want.

The real question is Higgers at 6 with Poey at 7 more balanced then Fardy at 6 and Hooper at 7.

Effectiveness is what I want. Pocock and Hooper are known entities at this level unfortunately Higgers and Fardy are not. Even based on potential, the latter are more consistent with leaking penalties than any form. Glad to be proven wrong. Skelton as a project for 6 would makes things interesting.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They would target Big Willie down the blindside of scrums.

He has been mentioned also a number 8. He would have trouble getting to the right hand side of a scrum to defend on a wheel; even a slight one. They would target him on the right hand side of the field (of Willie's team).

Willie's purpose in rugby is to be a tight-head lock.

Crikey - this is a KB (Kurtley Beale) thread - excuuuuuuse me.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He acted tough - could have been a contender.

"i coulda been a contender" is a great line and has caused great amusement among the world's faux-lexicologists and faux-pedants since it was uttered.
however, i wonder how many people know what the line meant - what was a contender in the 1950s and prior?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kurtley should play out the year, go back to back with the Tahs next year and then join up with the 7s team for Rio. Gives everything some time to cool off.

Of course, a solution this creative will never occur to the ARU

Status
Not open for further replies.