• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Kurtley should play out the year, go back to back with the Tahs next year and then join up with the 7s team for Rio. Gives everything some time to cool off.

Of course, a solution this creative will never occur to the ARU

that is actually a fantastic idea

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Kurtley should play out the year, go back to back with the Tahs next year and then join up with the 7s team for Rio. Gives everything some time to cool off.

I doubt the ARU would have a problem with this, the issue will be Beale wanting more than their willing to give him to do it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Gentlemen (mod hat on)

Can we leave unsubstantiated rumours about someone's personal life out of here

Expect to see some deletions from the thread, if anyone has any issues please provide an essay with references providing evidence on Aus's liable and defamation laws that I am in error

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
My take:
1. Di to go with a "golden handshake" as she would be prtepared to bring
some kind of legal proceedings.
2. KB (Kurtley Beale) will be "apologetic" for the unnecessary grief of the incident
3. The leadership group will say that all has been resolved and now the focus
is back to rugby
4. A female will not again be piven that position
5. Link may be privately "sactioned" behind closed doors but will not be
criticised publicly by ARU
6. The Wallaby bus will roll on. as it always does after "minor" mechanical
problems

7. A spare team shirt will always be available for players that "forgot" to
bring it on the plane.

Boy, what a saga !!!!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

NO!

Kurtley should find a new occupation as he has had too many chances and does not deserve a spot representing his country or state.

It is incredible how many second chances this guy gets.

We need to move on and only select players that can play the game as well as represent the game. How can the ARU and Rugby as a whole ever expect to discipline any other player let alone junior coming through the system when they have already shown that you dont really have to tow the line you just have to give a sob story about missing family or that you have a drinking problem and all will be forgotten.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
My take:

You've mentioned her gender as being a cause of this issue a few times now. I think that is the kind of attitude that Rugby is doing very well to move away from. Kurtley's involvement in the incident does not mean we are writing off male or indigenous players, why does her involvement preclude all women from taking that role in future? Anything she's done wrong in this situation should affect her and her only - not everyone else who dares to be involved with Rugby while having a uterus.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Is that the joint where the lamp came of the wall and impacted the melon of that Public Servant, while they were on the job away from home, and they tried to get Workers Comp for the injury?

Try this:-

Lote Tuqiri
Souths (NRL)
?
? (Ken Callander would have conniptions)
Burning Palms Hotel, Dubbo

T

Train Without a Station

Whilst no need for jumping on high horses, I do think Godfrey is right.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If it's as cut and dry as it comes across for the sake of rugby's integrity I hope he's swiftly terminated.

But as noted filth, we do not know the full story.

Why does it need to be investigated by the integrity unit? If management were on the plane and he did what has been reported, fuck him off right now.

Interesting that these two posts from the first page of this thread are now somewhat ambiguous.

Someone could get terminated and it's by no means certain who.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
"i coulda been a contender" is a great line and has caused great amusement among the world's faux-lexicologists and faux-pedants since it was uttered.
however, i wonder how many people know what the line meant - what was a contender in the 1950s and prior?

In the movie the Brando character complained to his elder brother that he could have been a contender for a boxing title had he (the brother) not arranged for him to throw a fight.

But that's too easy for someone who has seen the movie a few times - is that what you meant?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
You've mentioned her gender as being a cause of this issue a few times now. I think that is the kind of attitude that Rugby is doing very well to move away from. Kurtley's involvement in the incident does not mean we are writing off male or indigenous players, why does her involvement preclude all women from taking that role in future? Anything she's done wrong in this situation should affect her and her only - not everyone else who dares to be involved with Rugby while having a uterus.

I didn't think I had mentioned her gender being the issue but will stand corrected if necessary. Certainly not mentioned KB (Kurtley Beale)'s aboriginality or Di's religious beliefs whatever. This is a dangerous area or issue sto explore and better left to others.

It may not be politically correct re gender: We / They are dealing with a group of young men, and football players to boot and lots of criteria/KPI's need/s to be assessed to employ a person in that role. Whether its a male or female should probably have no bearing but it is still a consideration.

T

Train Without a Station

Come on Lee. I have good mail this is actually all about KB (Kurtley Beale) switch to Islam!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
My take:
1. Di to go with a "golden handshake" as she would be prtepared to bring
some kind of legal proceedings.
2. KB (Kurtley Beale) will be "apologetic" for the unnecessary grief of the incident
3. The leadership group will say that all has been resolved and now the focus
is back to rugby
5. Link may be privately "sactioned" behind closed doors but will not be
criticised publicly by ARU
6. The Wallaby bus will roll on. as it always does after "minor" mechanical
problems

7. A spare team shirt will always be available for players that "forgot" to
bring it on the plane.

Boy, what a saga !!!!

Fixed!

You should take Di's job!

They'll call you "Scrubber Patson"

Locking this one up, Pitcairns moderator style.

imgendofthread.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.