• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Beale wouldn't be under the salary cap. NRL has allowances for poached code players.

We see these Rugby -> NRL and NRL -> Rugby articles come out all the time. Believe it when I see it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A news report which suggested Patston has an extremely close relationship with McKenzie and questioned her credentials outraged the ARU, which released a statement saying they had verified all of her degrees and qualifications prior to her appointment in September last year.
ARU boss Bill Pulver went to Patston’s house yesterday to cite the documents himself and comfort his employee, who has taken down her social media pages after being harassed online

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Canberra Raider have loads of cash to spend. They offer over the odds and still can't get any big name to go there.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You just described Benji Marshall.

It wouldn't even matter if he'd be a shit league player. The NRL need the publicity/promotion of signing a high profile rugby player given the recent losses to rugby.

And when it's shown he can't tackle, the league journos will al be able to tell their readers "See, rugby players can't tackle"

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
My alternative theory is that the ARU has found out that he 'has a better offer' for next season and is going to use the event deliberately to discredit him and make it appear that he has been sacked rather than leaving due to discontent..

Here's my second theory playing out now..

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I doubt the ARU cares about his taking a higher offer. The ARU offer on the table wouldn't have been prepared to beat the market in terms of $, he is always going to have a better financial offer, be it from France/Japan or (possibly) league. The offer would have been about what the ARU thinks he is worth to them.

He is not a must-have for the ARU, and I don't think they see themselves in a turf war with league for who can poach the most players.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It took the Quade thread 5 days to get to 400 posts/20 pages. We're in uncharted territory now.:)

We are more experienced. Better for the hit out, you might say.

Didn't you even read your first sentence of post #396? "Last Comment"

Yeah Right. Welcome to the new Hotel California thread.:)

If I have a fundamental flaw, it is to help the less intelligent, even if I must break my promises. A cross I bear not lightly.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I doubt the ARU cares about his taking a higher offer. The ARU offer on the table wouldn't have been prepared to beat the market in terms of $, he is always going to have a better financial offer, be it from France/Japan or (possibly) league. The offer would have been about what the ARU thinks he is worth to them.

He is not a must-have for the ARU, and I don't think they see themselves in a turf war with league for who can poach the most players.

you are no doubt correct Lorenzo but by 'better offer' I simply meant that he was going elsewhere regardless of the actual financial offer, hence the inverted commas..

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
You just described Benji Marshall.

It wouldn't even matter if he'd be a shit league player. The NRL need the publicity/promotion of signing a high profile rugby player given the recent losses to rugby.

Unknown_zps837f5066.jpeg

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
It's always amazed me that journalists, whose job it is to write, possess little knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
No it's their job to make something sound dramatic which actually isn't:

"ARU boss Bill Pulver went to Patston’s house yesterday to cite the documents himself and comfort his employee"
It was likely to be one or the other, not both.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
No it's their job to make something sound dramatic which actually isn't:

"ARU boss Bill Pulver went to Patston’s house yesterday to cite the documents himself and comfort his employee"
It was likely to be one or the other, not both.

If its the former its odd.
do they only check people's credentials when they stuff up........come to think of it that would explain a good deal of the last, say, 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.