• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I have no Beale love - this misconception arises from the fact that I believe he is better placed as an outside back combined with the issue that the way To'omua is playing he would be a less costly option at 12 despite his faults..

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
also, innocent until proven guilty, but that goes to Patston as well, I am not necessarily saying she is at fault..just weird that she came back and he stayed there if he was the problem.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
So Link contemporaneously decides to send her home and holds a view that it isn't a big deal? That doesn't make much sense.

Somone in link's position would primarily worried about the way this looks to the media and the way it looks to his boss. If he wanted to deal with it internally and throw cold water on it he certainly wouldn't have sent her home and would have done everything possible to get her to stay.

If you are in another country for business and one of your subordinates offends one of the others, do you send one home so she can tell your boss all about it or do you sit them down over a cup of tea to sort it out?

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I have no Beale love - this misconception arises from the fact that I believe he is better placed as an outside back combined with the issue that the way To'omua is playing he would be a less costly option at 12 despite his faults..

Beale would be a 9/11 scale disaster at 12 for the Wallabies, at least against the 2 benchmark sides. He's awful in contact, runs Giteau-like lines and can't defend. He'd be marginally better at 12 than tighthead prop and that's about the best you can say.

To'omua's not been acceptable with the ball this year but he makes life difficult in defence, which is important.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
If this really is just about wearing a T-shirt surely he could be asked to change into his polo shirt upon arrival where the media is waiting.

I don't know the full facts of the story as they say Kurtley had a few drinks & he is known for not handling his grog so again maybe approach the situation differently knowing he is hopeless on the sauce.

I don't know this woman but I'd like to know exactly how she approached the situation, It would be a shame to lose Kurtley of what really is a storm in teacup.

Anyway that's my piece I hope we stuff the Argies tonight & the boys regroup and smash the All Blacks @ Suncorp in a fortnight.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Lot's of mystery I agree..but it implies that it was a bigger deal for her than it was for KB (Kurtley Beale) and without the unexpected and unwanted media attention Link maybe figured it would be dealt with appropriately internally.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, Pfitzy got to Page 17 of this shit, and decided you're all a highly bored pack of ****s.

A player shot his mouth off. Some manager shot hers back. Maybe the other way around. Who gives a fuck where it started?

A heated discussion - argument perhaps - ensued, people lost their shit and everyone's getting their fucking period over it.

Its a fucking soap opera side show that needs to be forgotten about, as in less than a day the rest of the squad have to try not to lose to the Argies.

The main point is, no-one is right, no-one should have their contract torn up over it, and if apologies are made there is no need to even refer to it in future.

I've blown my shit up in the office plenty, though rarely at an individual, more at groups of gormless fucking numpties who make my day more difficult through asinine requests for shit customers don't even need. Self-justifying puddle-fuckers wouldn't know a good idea if it straight up blew them....

Enough about me. The point is: rugby. Let's fucking get back to it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Last comment:

Ms P will not be the Lone Ranger when it comes to gilding the lily on their resume.

Is it fraudulent to be a little economical with the truth on the Internet?

Claiming qualifications to which you have no right absolutely is. AND on a networking site designed specifically with employment in mind, its just fucking stupid to boot.

Embellish your job title or experience, but degrees are actual things with actual paper trails. You'd have to be a fucking idiot. And from the looks of things, she's not a dumbass.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
So Link contemporaneously decides to send her home and holds a view that it isn't a big deal? That doesn't make much sense.

Somone in link's position would primarily worried about the way this looks to the media and the way it looks to his boss. If he wanted to deal with it internally and throw cold water on it he certainly wouldn't have sent her home and would have done everything possible to get her to stay.

If you are in another country for business and one of your subordinates offends one of the others, do you send one home so she can tell your boss all about it or do you sit them down over a cup of tea to sort it out?

I think it makes perfect sense in a certain context. Patston going home is an 'easy' way to diffuse the situation.

I still think there is a disconnect here between how Beale, the playing group and possibly some of the coaching staff feel about the incident, compared to how Patston and Pulver do. Thats why Beale wasn't sent home, because Link might have lost the whole dressing room if he did, and you can't replace a national squad like you can a provincial one.

I think it is best neither Beale or Patston continue in their roles. Not because they failed in them, but rather so the rest of the team can move on from this.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Beale would be a 9/11 scale disaster at 12 for the Wallabies, at least against the 2 benchmark sides. He's awful in contact, runs Giteau-like lines and can't defend. He'd be marginally better at 12 than tighthead prop and that's about the best you can say.

To'omua's not been acceptable with the ball this year but he makes life difficult in defence, which is important.

I wouldn't advocate it as a permanent solution, no..it is well known that my view is he should be on the wing and should have been since the start of the TRC

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
As Sam Carter was one of those involved in T-ShirtGate, I reckon @Mr Doug may eventually get the good oil on what happened on the plane.

Would he spill the beans on the forum when/if he finds out? Probably not and I don't blame him. I'm not sure that I would publish too much on the Internet if it was my nephew that was in Camp Wallaby.

Let the Journalists and Rugby Gossip Columnists do their job, and until they do The Tin Foil Hat Wearers will continue to dominate the post count.

@Gagger seems to have some additional information that he is probably keeping mum about the detail to protect his sources.

Meanwhile FoxSports News on the TV is reporting that KB (Kurtley Beale) is seriously considering his options about a code change to RL. Their report speculates that it will be the Bulldogs that get his John Hancock.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I think it makes perfect sense in a certain context. Patston going home is an 'easy' way to diffuse the situation.

I still think there is a disconnect here between how Beale, the playing group and possibly some of the coaching staff feel about the incident, compared to how Patston and Pulver do. Thats why Beale wasn't sent home, because Link might have lost the whole dressing room if he did, and you can't replace a national squad like you can a provincial one.

I think it is best neither Beale or Patston continue in their roles. Not because they failed in them, but rather so the rest of the team can move on from this.

By easy you mean expose it to the boss and the integrity unit and the board?

Mckenzie's #1 priority is being seen to be doing his job capably.

No seasoned manager relinquishes environmental control of an underling in a situation like this. You want that pissed off employee as close as possible where you can see them. What you don't want is the 100% inevitable phone call from the CEO asking wtf happened when someone leaves the touring party early.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Last comment:

Claiming qualifications to which you have no right absolutely is. AND on a networking site designed specifically with employment in mind, its just fucking stupid to boot.

Embellish your job title or experience, but degrees are actual things with actual paper trails. You'd have to be a fucking idiot. And from the looks of things, she's not a dumbass.

It's a real pity this needs to be said again but thanks to some awful fucking journalism from fairfax it seems we're going to be repeating it for a while:

She DID NOT claim qualifications she didn't have and the linked in profile was written by SOMEONE ELSE. The ARU conducted extensive checks of her qualifications when she was hired and have backed her credentials UNEQUIVOCALLY.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...ter-kurtley-beale-fracas-20141003-10py6o.html

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Careful with all that common sense bowside. This is the internet;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
By easy you mean expose it to the boss and the integrity unit and the board?

Mckenzie's #1 priority is being seen to be doing his job capably.

No seasoned manager relinquishes environmental control of an underling in a situation like this. You want that pissed off employee as close as possible where you can see them. What you don't want is the 100% inevitable phone call from the CEO asking wtf happened when someone leaves the touring party early.

Maybe she was the one who instigated her departure from the touring party?

Status
Not open for further replies.