• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Everyone is questioning why or if Link sent the bird home, isn't there a team manager on tour with Wallabies? Really someone in the administration side,I would imagine would come under the managers responsibilty, and I would think that is who should be taking said person to airport.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Everyone is questioning why or if Link sent the bird home, isn't there a team manager on tour with Wallabies? Really someone in the administration side,I would imagine would come under the managers responsibilty, and I would think that is who should be taking said person to airport.

seems to be her...

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
DID YOU EVEN READ MY LAST FUCKING SENTENCE??????

Apologies, I misread it.

I'm still absolutely furious at the lack of journalistic standards from fairfax and the amount of discussion of her credibility that resulted and it's giving me a hair trigger.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I was responding to a post that suggested link sent her home but conspired with her to publicly say she went home of her own volition.

I realise that, but most people seem to be assuming that she was "sent home" and there is no evidence for this at all.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Entirely possible it was her choice. Figured there wasn't much else she could do at the end of the tour, and decided space was the best cure short-term.

She's the Chancellor of the Exchequer for Club Wallaby. Coming home a couple of days early will probably save a couple of bob or two in accommodation and per diem costs with one less in the touring party.
Never underestimate how stingy and miserable most bean counters are.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I realise that, but most people seem to be assuming that she was "sent home" and there is no evidence for this at all.
Similarly most posters seem to assume that whatever KB (Kurtley Beale) did/said was significant enough to have his contract torn up but there is no evidence of that either

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
After reading more articles on this situation, and with the mention of Beale looking around at other options with NRL and over seas. It clearly indicates that he was given the Wallaby 10 Jersey for the Bledisole matches to keep him happy and try and keep him in Rugby.
But what about my happiness, I could have been heading to a Sold out Game 3 decided in Brisbane. But no, thanks a lot ARU.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
After reading more articles on this situation, and with the mention of Beale looking around at other options with NRL and over seas. It clearly indicates that he was given the Wallaby 10 Jersey for the Bledisole matches to keep him happy and try and keep him in Rugby.
But what about my happiness, I could have been heading to a Sold out Game 3 decided in Brisbane. But no, thanks a lot ARU.

Can you explain this more?

T

Train Without a Station

I doubt the struggling ARU would sacrifice success to appease Beale.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
@qwerty my opinion is that the ARU new Beale was sniffing around with other option. And despite Foley having a great season at 10 and well deserving chance to start at 10 for the wallabies. Beale was given one of the most rewarding numbers in Rugby, despite not even playing there for Tahs just as a little sweetener.

@Train Without a Station , again my opinion... I believe They Did, And as much I'm not a fan of Phipps (thats slowly changing), himself and Foley continuing there great performance into the Wallabies, I believe that Wallabies would have one that tight 1st game.

Anyway I'm getting of the topic about a tiff over a T-shirt.

Go Wallabies

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
@qwerty my opinion is that the ARU new Beale was sniffing around with other option. And despite Foley having a great season at 10 and well deserving chance to start at 10 for the wallabies. Beale was given one of the most rewarding numbers in Rugby, despite not even playing there for Tahs just as a little sweetener.

@Train Without a Station , again my opinion. I believe They Did, And as much I'm not a fan of Phipps (thats slowly changing), himself and Foley continuing there great performance into the Wallabies, I believe that Wallabies would have one that tight 1st game.

Anyway I'm getting of the topic about a tiff over a T-shirt.

Go Wallabies

I know about this theory that some posters have but what's the new 'evidence' that clearly indicates it?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A FED-UP Kurtley Beale is on the brink of leaving rugby for the NRL regardless of the outcome of the ARU’s investigation into his argument with a Wallabies staffer.
Beale has told confidantes he is looking at a switch to the NRL for 2015 in the wake of the latest drama, which would rule out his chances of playing in the Rugby World Cup.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...e-following-year/story-e6frf55l-1227079234321
I would have thought most of the league clubs would have spent their 2015 salary cap by now and there wouldn't be a huge amount on offer if he could find someone who wanted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.