• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Can we check Giteau's linkedin??

Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 3.05.06 pm.png

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
If its the former its odd.
do they only check people's credentials when they stuff up....come to think of it that would explain a good deal of the last, say, 10 years

it was probably actually neither, maybe simply to get her side of the story..but if it was the former Pulveriser can at least then tell the media "I've cited (sic) the documents myself"

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If you are about to take on Fairfax Media, you want to be sure that you are on the high ground.

The fact that the CEO personally had to "cite"(sic) the documents at the employees residence suggests that there may have been a slight degree of doubt within the halls of HQ ARU.

Many organisations take scans (or photocopies in the olden days) of employees qualifications as part of the employee induction process, even though the Interviewing panel may have sighted the documents during the recruiting process. Appears that ARU don't follow that practice if the CEO has to personally visit the employees house to satisfy himself that the claimed qualifications are legit.

Having satisfied himself that the Linked In claims were legit, the Pulveriser has obviously unleashed ARU legal division (possibly the AAGPS old boy from Johns College doing Work Experience at ARU during the final year of their Arts/Law double), and forced fairfax to retract the previous article.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
all it needs is the hint of something new and its off again

it's got a lot:
conspiracy
intrigue
jet setters
sportsmen
booze
apparel rights
gender wars
power struggles
journalistic licence
facts
invented facts
presented facts
lies and damned lies, but no statistics (not many numbers, either)
pedantry
competence testing
internet honesty
9/11 perps
Hitler
the ghost of Robbie D
Monty Python
the Simpsons
ARU interns and compliance with employment law
JON's excessive player payments
Tahs' recruitment policies
Sydney JRU selectors
private school scholars
international aviation business class seating configuration
Matt Giteau

relevance of posts to thread topic

any more? please add

and it's not flawed by any hint of discussion of rugby.

T

Train Without a Station

Just for reference I worked for two international companies (Lend Lease and Brookfield Multiplex). Neither of whom asked for any evidence of my tertiary qualifications.

To paint the ARU as incompetent due to not getting copies of this is naive.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
it's got a lot:
conspiracy
intrigue
jet setters
sportsmen
booze
apparel rights
gender wars
power struggles
journalistic licence
facts
invented facts
presented facts
lies and damned lies, but no statistics (not many numbers, either)
pedantry
competence testing
internet honesty
any more? please add

9/11 got a run somewhere I think
Hitler has had a couple of cameos
The ghost of Robbie Deans has drifted in and out
Monty Python
The Simpsons
ARU interns (the use of whom to fulfil what should be paid roles is actually against employment law)

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
9/11 got a run somewhere I think
Hitler has had a couple of cameos
The ghost of Robbie Deans has drifted in and out
Monty Python
The Simpsons
ARU interns (the use of whom to fulfil what should be paid roles is actually against employment law)

thanks.
original edited

T

Train Without a Station

Depends very much on the employer. I've had hard core qualification checks from some places and others not so much.

If the qualification is part of professional recognition and actually required to practice your role it would be incompetent not to confirm of course, but outside law, Medicine and accounting/finance what jobs actually require you to have the tertiary education to conduct the role?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
It's almost embarrassing that this thread is up to p24 and the thread on tonight's game is only up to p10 and hasn't been touched since 10.30am!
I'm heading over there

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
If the qualification is part of professional recognition and actually required to practice your role it would be incompetent not to confirm of course, but outside law, Medicine and accounting/finance what jobs actually require you to have the tertiary education to conduct the role?

The engineering disciplines would be an example I could think of. I wouldn't hire a civ or structural engineer if they didn't have the requisite qualifications. Anyway, irrelevant to this discussion.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The engineering disciplines would be an example I could think of. I wouldn't hire a civ or structural engineer if they didn't have the requisite qualifications. Anyway, irrelevant to this discussion.

I work in an engineering discipline, and my degree has never been explicitly checked. Most interviews are pretty comprehensive, however.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
it's got a lot:
<snip>

any more? please add

Add the below topics into the scope, and there is also a Fawlty Towers clip attached somewhere (does this fall under Monty Python?)
Ok I'll bite:
JON - gave KB (Kurtley Beale) too much in the first place inflating his self worth
Dingo - continued to pick KB (Kurtley Beale) regardless of form inflating his self worth
The Tahs - picked him straight out of school inflating his self worth
Sydney JRU Selectors - offered KB (Kurtley Beale) a place in the U15 team as an 11 year old despite never having played the game inflating his self worth (made up)
Private School Scholars - Joeys gave KB (Kurtley Beale) a scholarship based on his prowess (according to his uncle) thereby inflating his self worth

Status
Not open for further replies.