• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Add International Aviation Business Class Seating Configuration to the scope.
And David Nucifora and JOC (James O'Connor).

In fact almost every conspiracy and evil doer know to GAGR has had a mention I think - except perhaps that this is an ARU conspiracy to help the Waratahs free up some cash, so they can sign more players who would have otherwise gone to the Reds or Brumbies.;)

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
this is an ARU conspiracy to help the Waratahs free up some cash, so they can sign more players who would have otherwise gone to the Reds or Brumbies.;)

problem solved, at last
why the fcuk didn't you put that up as post #2 and save us all the trouble of thinking?

and blame Robbie D while we are at it.
now that the statute of limitations on blame Deans has run out, the ARU has needed another trojan horse to mask its filthy manipulation to benefit the Tahs and deny all others.
Kurtley and Ms D and The Coach and others have stepped up to the plate and are giving 110 per cent to ensure that the Tahs can play each game as it comes to ensure an outcome for the playing group.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
And David Nucifora and JOC (James O'Connor).

In fact almost every conspiracy and evil doer know to GAGR has had a mention I think - except perhaps that this is an ARU conspiracy to help the Waratahs free up some cash, so they can sign more players who would have otherwise gone to the Reds or Brumbies.;)

Not sure that the alleged Tahs Ground Rent Salary cap rort has been mentioned in this thread, until now, nor Jake White's direction that Ponies contracted players were required to play in the John 1 Dent competition and not with their BrisVegas Prems or Shute Shield clubs.

Is Susie the Waitress from RWC 95 now in the employ of South Efrican Airways as Long Haul Cabin Crew?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
are you blokes all familiar with "jargon generators"? if not, say so and i will try to post one for your amusement

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK, this is getting beyond stoopid.
Posting endless pages of crap is not really on.
Stick to the topic at hand.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
How exactly did they allow that to happen? It appears to be her decision to leave.
Sorry Gwerty, you misunderstood me, I saying if ARU have allowed someone to become a defacto manager ( as some seem to indicate), ARU should be kicked up arse, if not the Manager should be handling it and not Link, as coach he shouldn't have to worry about anything but players.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Uh.......so...........yeah, um, apparently this manager bird felt physically threatened by Beale during the argument.

What the hell was the reason behind all this? It doesn't reflect on KB (Kurtley Beale) well, but there is something biiiig to all this, seeing how much all the players have leapt to his side.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
Sorry Gwerty, you misunderstood me, I saying if ARU have allowed someone to become a defacto manager ( as some seem to indicate), ARU should be kicked up arse, if not the Manager should be handling it and not Link, as coach he shouldn't have to worry about anything but players.

I'm sure McKenzive would like to just have to worry about players. However, this alone involves many areas.

Player welfare? Player recruitment? Player injury management? Player tactics? Player promotional responsibilities? Player training?

T

TOCC

Yet from my impression of what he did at the Reds and what was said when he initially took control at the Wallabies, thats not the way Link likes to operate..

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Uh...so.....yeah, um, apparently this manager bird felt physically threatened by Beale during the argument.

What the hell was the reason behind all this? It doesn't reflect on KB (Kurtley Beale) well, but there is something biiiig to all this, seeing how much all the players have leapt to his side.

It would depend on how much respect the Business Manager has within the extended squad. Having the title and the job description is one thing, but it's not the only thing that counts.

You're right that it doesn't reflect well on KB (Kurtley Beale), but without knowing exactly what was said by each of them it's hard to judge.

I mean they played Saturday evening in Cape Town - 5pm kick off, so probably 10pm before they left the ground. They have to be at Cape Town airport at 4am to catch a plane to Johannesburg where they get a connecting flight to Sao Paulo in Brazil and it's on this flight that the exchange occurs. At some point the Wallabies baggage goes missing and we don't know if that was known by the players when they left Jo'burg. So when you get chipped about a t-shirt by the person who's responsible for organising the flights and responsible for getting baggage to the right place, it's not hard to imagine that a person with little sleep and a history of an attitude might make a comment. Until we know (if we ever do) precisely what the initial words used by KB (Kurtley Beale) and what the reaction was, it's very difficult to know how to apportion blame. Rarely in these matters is one person 100% responsible for the blow up.

I know that if it turns out that KB (Kurtley Beale)'s offence was minor and he's not hung from the gates of the SFS, then the KB (Kurtley Beale) haters will go beserk.

It's a fair bet that as the incident took place in the relatively confined space of a business class cabin that most of the squad would have witnessed the event. They will have formed their own view - I'm sure at least some of them would like KB (Kurtley Beale), possibly most of them. What view, if any, they've formed of the Business Manager based on this and previous events, we don't know.

It's a very messy business and I'm not sure that it's going to end to anyone's satisfaction.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm sure McKenzive would like to just have to worry about players. However, this alone involves many areas.

Player welfare? Player recruitment? Player injury management? Player tactics? Player promotional responsibilities? Player training?

I think in the professional team environment that the Coach is in charge of everything and in the end responsible for everything. It's really up to him what he delegates and what he takes on himself - as it should be. This is not a criticism of his role in this matter, but just as Harry S.Truman said "The buck stops here."

T

Tip

I can't believe people are trying to pass the buck onto link. Or the team manager.

Considering the two individuals are on record trying to improve team culture and standards...

JOC (James O'Connor) had his contract torn up after an argument with a stuardess over seating arrangements on an international flight.

Beale has just had an argument with the teams manager on an international flight, which resulted in her leaving the squad.

If Beale is at fault and doesnt have his contract torn to shreds then the ARU and Link reek of double standards and JOC (James O'Connor) should feel rightly peeved

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think in the professional team environment that the Coach is in charge of everything and in the end responsible for everything. It's really up to him what he delegates and what he takes on himself - as it should be. This is not a criticism of his role in this matter, but just as Harry S.Truman said "The buck stops here."

You're right. And this week has been especially tough for Link as not only have the Wallabies' performances been questioned but also the management of the team and the off-field structures that he has implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.