• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC 7's: R 7 - Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I didn't see the game but it appears we tanked that to play England in the quarters rather than SA?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Cup QF:

New Zealand v Wales
USA v South Africa
Fiji v Kenya
England v Australia

Bowl QF:

France v Korea
Argentina v Russia
Canada v Samoa
Scotland v Portugal

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Qualifying Tournament SF:

Hong Kong v Germany
Zimbabwe v Japan

Japan have to be favs & are yet to concede a point:

36-0 v Brazil
45-0 v Morocco
31-0 v Tonga
33-0 v Tonga (QF)

T

TOCC

Australia vs England is at 2:04 AEST

Lewis Holland(foot) and Nick 'Sumo Badger' Cummins(ankle) have both been ruled out for up to a month with injury.

Add them to the list of other inured players: Pama Fou (shoulder), Tom Cusack (wrist), Tom Lucas (knee), Pat McCutcheon (hamstring), Nick Malouf (knee), Simon Kennewell (ankle), Greg Jeloudev (foot) and Henry Speight (eye).

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Australia vs England is at 2:04 AEST

Lewis Holland(foot) and Nick 'Sumo Badger' Cummins(ankle) have both been ruled out for up to a month with injury.

Add them to the list of other inured players: Pama Fou (shoulder), Tom Cusack (wrist), Tom Lucas (knee), Pat McCutcheon (hamstring), Nick Malouf (knee), Simon Kennewell (ankle), Greg Jeloudev (foot) and Henry Speight (eye).
How many of them were 7s injuries? :eek:

That's carnage

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Given the draw I'm 90% certain we tanked to get a better draw and avoid NZ/SA.
Suspicious minds, but y'never know.

But what's the story with these fixtures?

The last match in Pool B was South Africa vs Scotland. Why wasn't it South Africa vs England? ... which were presumably the two sides on higher standing at the time of the scheduling.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^ Draw is based on results at preceding tournament, not standings after it. England had a shocker in Vancouver, Scotland had their best result in several years so:

Pool A: New Zealand, Samoa, France, Kenya
Pool B: South Africa, Scotland, England, Russia
Pool C: Australia, USA, Argentina, Portugal
Pool D: Fiji, Wales, Canada, Korea

Pretty sure that in each Pool it was 1 v 2 in the final round.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Pools mostly seem to go:

1v3 & 2v4
1v4 & 2v3
1v2 & 3v4

Which makes it difficult for teams in the bottom half of the previous tournament to break out, unless you luck out and get an Argentina, or a France or a Scotland.

EDIT: And while it was our best result this season WOB, we only missed out on the quarters in Gold Coast, Vegas and Hong Kong last season, and finished 4th in Glasgow and Wellington.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Honkers Stadium starting to look like a giant slip & slide, should make for an interesting afternoon......... Comms just mentioned the possibility of lightning in the near future, too.

G

galumay

Good win by the gurls, hosing down in Honkers - as it is here so I feel like I am at the game - except when it gets really heavy and i lose the foxtel signal!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Honkers Stadium starting to look like a giant slip & slide, should make for an interesting afternoon... Comms just mentioned the possibility of lightning in the near future, too.

The rainfall record used to be 20 inches in 24 hours. When it rains heavily, you cannot see out your windows, everything is white.

Status
Not open for further replies.