• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC 7's: R 7 - Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
But it's not a penalty for tackle after the kick. It's a penalty for the high tackle, where the tackle occurred. Stock 7s procedure seems to be that unless the ball goes directly into the oppositions hands, any sort of kick that results in at least 15 metres "gained" gets an advantage over call, beyond a penalty try situation, that shouldn't really change regardless of circumstances.

Perhaps, although the last penalty given to Australia in the 3 v 4 playoff would indicate that the interpretation isn't quite that simple. Advatage Australia, winger kicks the ball ahead instead of trying to beat the man or link up with support, ball goes out and ref comes back 25 metres for an offside (kickable) penalty. :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Series Points so far (3 tournaments to go)
1. FIJ 128
2. NZL 123
3. SAF 122
4. AUS 105
5. USA 88
6. ARG 77
7. ENG 70
8. KEN 63
9, SAM 49
10. SCO 49
11. FRA 48
12. WAL 42
13. CAN 33
14. JAP 20
15. RUS 18
16. POR 12

Gotta think that G, S & B at Rio 2016 will be shared between SAF, FIJ and NZL.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yep,they have undoubtedly improved.
Is it predominantly due to smarter recruiting, or larger budgets?
Or both?

He's certainly brought some better players in and whatever is happening at training seems to have improved the execution. We seem to be playing the game with much more speed and intent.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Gotta think that G, S & B at Rio 2016 will be shared between SAF, FIJ and NZL.

Who knows? We've been through a few semis this season. If we eke out more improvement, settle on a squad, and not repeat that semi against Fiji, the gold medal is up for grabs. A lot can happen in 14 minutes.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We were always going to be up against it once we lost Lewis Holland.

We don't have enough depth to upset one of the top 3 teams without one of our key players being available.

New Zealand somehow snuck through against South Africa with only 10 men (a game SA probably should have won four or five times) but it was a bridge to far for us with only 10 fit players.

Winterstein did alright for his first tournament, but I thought he missed some opportunities to offload. He's a big, rangy runner who carries the ball in one hand so you'd think offloading would be his forté.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well, the boyz didn't get the result we were looking for but you won't hear any complaints from any Kiwis who were there.

TV really doesn't capture just much work these guys get thru. I was amazed at just exhausted the boyz looked and yet found the energy to keep getting up, getting across in cover defence etc. DJ Forbes was a bloody machine - played every minute of the tournament and was HUGE in that quarter final.

Fiji are just simply magic to watch and deserved winners last night. HK7's is now on the list of things that I gotta bring my boy to one day.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
that was an awesome effort by the kiwis considering they had two players out, right? Plus an extra time SF.

Incredible.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah - definitely lived up to the hype. The rugby is awesome, you meet some pretty cool people from all over the world and have amazing rugby conversations at stupid times in the morning and HK is a buzz. There's next to lines for food or alcohol and you buy whole jugs if you want. As one of the boys I was there with said, you get treated like an adult and moat people act like one.

Will be back again no doubt!

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Did you see David Hasselhoff?

I'm guessing not otherwise you'd already know the answer must be a resounding yes.

I've got to get to the HK7s in the next few years.

Yeah, saw the Hoff - LOL.

On Friday we went to a Rushed Lunch where Christian Cullen, Frank Bunce, David Campese and Terry Wright were speaking. After the lunch, Bunce came and had beers with us for a few hours. Apparently they all went to The Hoffs show the night before and it was terrible LOL

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah, saw the Hoff - LOL.

On Friday we went to a Rushed Lunch where Christian Cullen, Frank Bunce, David Campese and Terry Wright were speaking. After the lunch, Bunce came and had beers with us for a few hours. Apparently they all went to The Hoffs show the night before and it was terrible LOL

It was fairly apparent he couldn't sing.

He also couldn't stay in time with the backing track.

Status
Not open for further replies.