• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC 7's: R 7 - Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder how (not) serious Hutchison and Kingston's injuries are?

Seems convenient that they've both made way for two players who are yet to play a tournament and the coach (and everyone else) will be keen to see what they can add.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Skipper Ed Jenkins and Cameron Clark return to the side for Hong Kong after being rested and Nic Cummins makes a return to Sevens after a long break from the short game.

It will be interesting to see where the Honey Badger plays. I thought they would play him in the forwards but they don't seem to have too many flyers because Greg Jeloudev is not in the side again, and Hutchison is out with a sore foot.

John Porch will be one on the wingers but if they play HB on the other, he will be smoked.

The other two to drop out are Conor Mitchell, who had his rookie game in Vancouver - and Quade Cooper, who didn't even get on the bench last week for Toulon.

PS - A late change as mentioned above is that Winterstein replaces Kingston.

PPS - Braveheart - the injury to HH is reported as not serious.

PPPS - Still no mention of the performance of Pama Fou in Team Rehab.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Why I love the Hong Kong tournament. Japan was just so much better than Brazil, but bloody hell, Morocco up 14-0 over Tonga at the break. Love the extended tournament. Wish it was viable to do it more often, or hell, even having 32 team tournaments. Wonderful to watch teams of varying rugby heritage bash it out.

Edit: Up 19-0 at the start of the 2nd, ran out of time to take the conversion!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Germany 14-14 Zimbabwe, great result for German rugby. Looking forard to Cayman Islands (pop: 80K IIRC) debuting next v Hong Kong.

G

galumay

Cant see this being a good round for us, lost a lot of our pace thru injuries and forced to play the Honey Badger who looks slow in 15 a side rugby these days, let alone 7's!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^ been to too many back in the day before my much beloved children arrived to negatively impact the travel budget.

Loved every second. Thoroughly recommend attendance to any person with red blood cells in their veins. Don't put it on the bucket list. HK 7's is too good to to do once and tick it off.

T

TOCC

I don't really like the balance of Australia's squad, losing Hutchison, Kingston and Jeloudev to injury has left them short on speedsters and with too many big bodied ball runners.

T

TOCC

Nick Cummins looks like an absolute slug, no speed and sucking in air just running onto the field.. Butchered two tries, with the try line in arms reach.

MOTM vs Argentina goes to Lewis Holland

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
^--- whoosh!

I think it's pretty safe to say that Cummins won't be figuring in our Olympics calculations.

He must be the slowest runner in the whole squad right now.

He's lost all his pace.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah that first break really took me by surprise. I thought he was moonwalking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Straya the best of the Big 4 in the opening round, walloping Argentina 28-0. Fiji & NZ both struggled to put away Canada & France, respectively, both scores 19-17. Sethfricka lost the last game of the night, 14-21 to Ringinland.

Play recommences at 1050 AEST on Fox 502.

Big ups to Fox for showing the qualifying tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.