• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC 7's: R 7 - Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

Cant see this being a good round for us, lost a lot of our pace thru injuries and forced to play the Honey Badger who looks slow in 15 a side rugby these days, let alone 7's!

Wrong again!

Well, right about the HB, but we found plenty of pace and looked great in the first game.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
^--- whoosh!

I think it's pretty safe to say that Cummins won't be figuring in our Olympics calculations.

He must be the slowest runner in the whole squad right now.

He's lost all his pace.

He claimed to be faster than ever, in an interview in yesterday's SMH.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In the first try he butchered by getting run down he had been on the field for 10seconds. Maybe he had lactic acid build up from running onto the field.
He was a late call up to the squad. Maybe there was a bit of the AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) debut to it but he had eaten 20 pies and drank 40 beers earlier in the week.

Amazing he managed to butcher that last try. All it was lacking was the Benny Hill theme playing in the background.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Qualifier tournament QF are Spain v Hong Kong, Germany v Morocco, Zimbabwe v Chile & Japan v Tonga. Great to see some unfamiliar names in there, gotta be good for games ongoing growth.

Mikkelson's tournament is over, NZ7's have tweeted a pic of him in a moon boot watching the other guys train. Big loss for us.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Well that was pretty shit, thought we were in for a 0-0 draw until DJF scored in the 13th minute. 13th! FFS!

NZ 5-0 Kenya.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The first try he butchered by getting run down he had only been on the field for 10seconds. Maybe he had lactic acid build up from running onto the field.

Yeah love the HB, but in reality he's made everyone's decision very easy- it only took about 10 seconds to know he's not going to Rio. Or playing for the Wallabies for that matter.

He was never actually that fast to begin with, and seems to have dropped quite a bit of pace whilst away from the Aussie game. Which isn't too surprising.

Worth a look though, and his instincts are there. Was running the right lines....... just at the wrong pace.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He has pulled up lame with an ankle injury. Won't play again this weekend.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I suspect he was worked exceptionally hard this past week to get his fitness up to speed with the assumption he wasn't playing.

When Hutchinson pulled out he and Winterstein (or whatever) were the last two standing? I'm guessing they went HB because of his stronger rugby background. In the end W is there anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Have NZ ever taken that long to score in a 7's match?!

I think & hope not. Good news is we've now gone three halves without conceding a point...... Bad news is we've got Samoa to finish & they looked pretty decent beating les Frogs 24-12. In saying that, these days Samoa can go from champs to chumps faster than a Samoan rugby official can make team funds disappear:)

T

TOCC

Australia barely got out of 2nd gear in the game against Portugal, won 45-7.

Just to big and physical up front and that's opening up space for the speedsters out wide. Lewis Holland came off injured.

G

galumay

Cant see this being a good round for us, lost a lot of our pace thru injuries and forced to play the Honey Badger who looks slow in 15 a side rugby these days, let alone 7's!

Did I mention I was wrong...?

Plenty of pace you twit, looking very polished as we build towards Rio.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's worth noting he copped quite a bit of stick over in Japan because he never scored a try. I'm not sure he's even Super standard now, even if it is the Farce.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Not sure if just a happy accident but as the Blitzbokke just ran out "Blitzkrieg Bop" was playing on the PA. Classic. Hey! Ho! Let's go!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
HT NZ 21-0 Samoa which is all good except we're now down to 10 players, Dickson joining Mikkelson in team rehab pre-match.

Status
Not open for further replies.