• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Genia to the Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Because it really worked with oconnor damned if you damned if you dont!

Again, bad management out west. I don't think JOC (James O'Connor) can be blamed. Force dropped the ball again.

And as to above post Ioane was well known in Qld before the Force pounced & was wanted here in fact I'm fairly certain he had at least a couple of caps before going west?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Whoever leaked it to the Fox Sports crew and Journo's is what started the shitfest. Will made his mind up about going to the Force on Friday night -> Told Ewen etc he was going. Saturday rolls around murmurs begin and then smack bang in the middle of the Force game Clarkie starts saying Genia's signed, he's done it.

Naturally, QRU knowing what Will has told them issues a press release because as far as they're concerned, he's gone (which is pretty standard practice).

I'm not entirely seeing how the QRU acted unprofessionally from here? More it was whoever leaked it was the unprofessional dick.
personally I think everyone needs to read between the lines a bit more. To me it's all been done by QLD And it's worked. I have a feeling they leaked everything and have forced genia into making a decision on the fact that the force have been unprofessional. I know it's a bit of a conspiracy theory but it's IMO. Genia should not say he is leaving the reds and then change his mind 2 times. That's unprofessional. I wish him good luck however. Big fan.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

W

What2040

Feel a bit for Benny Lucas - supposed to be absolutely filthy - he signed for Qld on the expectation that Genia was off.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Fucken hell, here we go again. Lucas would have recommitted anyway, read what he said when he signed. Why do you assume he wants to be halfback anyway? And besides all that it has already been addressed in this very thread by quite a few posters.
Genia resigns for 3 years! Seems to me he wasn't really considering going anywhere at all.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
To have watch the press conference and listening to Genia. It came back to Rugby not money which I thought it was about. He played well Friday went into the sheds sang to victory song told Ewin on the move, all hel broke lose. Came back home and thought for more about.

The best thing that came out of the this for me, that it wasn't about the money
For once. Or would have signed to the force. About his team and the wining culture. The amount of pressure that would have been on him playing for the force would have been massive.
It was good to hear it from Genia himself.

Fuck all this off now. This weekend is the REDS BIGGEST GAME of the seasons so far, and the Saders are back to form. And I'm sure Ewin watched carefully on Sunday.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I think thats what was the plan for the last 2 years and 3 to come but oh yeah the reds fucked that up by taking our head coach!!goes both ways

Well, was RG the man for the plan if you say that was the plan? Key background facts re Link and White: they both had pedigrees of demonstrated achievement, White's more impressive = RWC, but Link had gotten the Tahs into finals and GFs. They were men who'd led and managed whole teams over good chunks of time and had learnt the hard way what winning rugby comps takes, and how to develop a range of players, etc. You can't come to these type of jobs with struggling clubs if you're still effectively on training wheels yourself, a recipe for getting nowhere.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Feel a bit for Benny Lucas - supposed to be absolutely filthy - he signed for Qld on the expectation that Genia was off.

It's already been mentioned before, but Lucas isn't really a halfback anyways...

He's a flyhalf/fullback who was converted into a scrumhalf option a few years ago before Genia came onto the scene...

I doubt this decision affects him at all...

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Just a side note re Genia as of April 2012: I think a number of posters here would agree that perhaps the best thing that could happen to/for WG would be for him to take all the June Tests period off and we work with another 9 for that period (which would have its own benefits in pursuit of new 9 depth, as Phipps is not the answer at Test level). Save him at Wallaby level for the new 4N.

He looks over-played on top of a massive, long season last year, longer and more intensive than all but a handful of other senior Aus players, and longer than all non-Aus players. I think he needs a break.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Genia should now play well over 100 matches for the Reds.

Couldn't really begrudge him a big money move after the next world cup even though he'll still be young enough to keep playing a while longer.

M

Moono75

The whole things a massive cluster fuck and a poor reflection on todays social media reporting. Gotta be the first to get the story out there, doesn't matter if its entirley accurate. Reds media department pull your head in, put your guns in the holster and wait till all the facts are out before shooting off media statements. Vern Reid at least stated from the outset that nothing was confirmed. The whole things just a giant steaming turd.

NZ and SA rugby must just be sitting back and laughing.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
The whole things a massive cluster fuck and a poor reflection on todays social media reporting. Gotta be the first to get the story out there, doesn't matter if its entirley accurate. Reds media department pull your head in, put your guns in the holster and wait till all the facts are out before shooting off media statements. Vern Reid at least stated from the outset that nothing was confirmed. The whole things just a giant steaming turd.

NZ and SA rugby must just be sitting back and laughing.
Pretty sure they do this for everything rugby related in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.