• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Genia to the Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Phew, crisis averted...

Really not impressed by the way this was all handled. Very unprofessional.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I believe Lucas is our #1 fullback/defensive 5/8 and won't be on the bench.

He has looked a little small in years gone by, he has really bulked up for this year though. He ran the back line really slick against the Sharks and the ball he put Morahan away with on Friday was a pearler. He is a brilliant signing.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
It would be good for the Force to at least sign up some of QLD's players, Tapaui, Harris or Fainga. Would be good for Aus rugby to have them all in a starting team. Plus the Force need something extra in there backline. Harris would be the best pick for 5/8 for the Force think. Is he off-contract?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It would be good for the Force to at least sign up some of QLD's players, Tapaui, Harris or Fainga. Would be good for Aus rugby to have them all in a starting team. Plus the Force need something extra in there backline. Harris would be the best pick for 5/8 for the Force think. Is he off-contract?

I would be good for the force to put faith in the players they have produced and developed like Turner, Godwin, Longbottom etc.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Well they definitly need to start pilaging soon because I don't see them getting any better with there current squad.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Well they definitly need to start pilaging soon because I don't see them getting any better with there current squad.

This is a really important point. Loig do a really good job at running their businesses. They form partnerships with "feeder clubs". Broncos had the Toowoomba for a long time, don't know who they have now. Storm have the Devils, Titans have the Bears. This has probably been covered before but why do the Franchises not do this in Rugby? The predicament the Force are in would not be so extreme if they did.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would be good for the force to put faith in the players they have produced and developed like Turner, Godwin, Longbottom etc.
Longbotton is getting a game every week but is now out for the year with a neck injury. Turner is the most injury pron player and is again out for the year and Godwin is a 19 year old rookie who is still developming.

To say we need to put faith in them is right and i think that we have done that . What people need to understand is that WA doesnt have the players in the local comp to make a real go in the big leagues. Even when a player does look like he may be good enough he is not given a chance and thats becauses of the officaials who are all from over east dont rate the perth comp and recon that they arnt good enough.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nobody has enhanced themself in all of this - not the Force admin, not the Reds admin, not Genia's management. Journos are journos - if people throw them a juicy bone, they are obliged to sink their teeth into it.
If this is how contract negotiations are to play out for big names, we are in for a rough ride.
Pretty sad episode, really.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Good new for QLD, strange contract negotiations. Would have to say Qd were quite sneaky about this, being the force released nothing. And QLD were all over it seems they brought the court of public opinion into genias signature.

Funny few days though. Alot if QLD fans saying Genia was made to look good by quade and has little to offer, jurnos saying Ewen doesn't like him, gonna be alot if backtracking but should make fir some fun reading.

Bad luck fir the force, hope they have a couple more targets and that this doesn't affect pococks signing to stay.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

Careful what you wish for mate, they'll be after some of the new found Brumby talent that's been unearthed this year, be much cheaper....

Status
Not open for further replies.