• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Genia to the Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The Fox Sports crew that was lead by Tim Horan at the time...

Back to the original point though, where have the Force been "running their mouths" about the signing of Genia? They haven't. The QRU have made an official statement though.

Exactly. Until yesterday I had heard nothing from anyone about this, least of all Force management.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
A couple of quotes from twitter, I think it was Nick McArdle. It was in Cat's Social Pages last night. He seemed to think it was all coming out of Perth.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
This is fast turning into another clusterfuck like the JOC (James O'Connor) saga.

Do other sports have this shit go on? I don't follow anything else, but it feels like Rugby takes this BS to the next level. I think it may be partly because there are only 5 teams, and because the talent pool is quite small, there can be a large gap between the best player in their position and whoever is 2nd.

Either way, I just want it to be sorted so we can get on with the 2012 season.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Haha. Everyone else is 'theorising' but here is a post that 'knows for absolute certain': it's just, solely, only, always, money. Just no doubt about that.

As someone who loves to talk about the business side of rugby as a pivotal element, I'm surprised that you're so keen to put the emphasis anywhere other than the money.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This is fast turning into another clusterfuck like the JOC (James O'Connor) saga.

Do other sports have this shit go on? I don't follow anything else, but it feels like Rugby takes this BS to the next level. I think it may be partly because there are only 5 teams, and because the talent pool is quite small, there can be a large gap between the best player in their position and whoever is 2nd.

Either way, I just want it to be sorted so we can get on with the 2012 season.

This stuff goes on to certain extent in the NRL but not to the same magnitude. And with more teams, all with solid junior programs there aren't really any teams accused of consistently poaching other teams stars (except maybe the Roosers).

But as for the Reds cross-town counterparts, this sort of shit just doesn't happen at the Broncos. Rarely a fringe star will go due to salary cap issues, but never the main men.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Does it reallymatter that much if he goes or not, force lost JOC (James O'Connor) last year, Tahs lost Beale, according to brumbies fans Tahs losing Ben Mowen was a disaster, if the loss stops at Genia it really doesn't matter at all. It's what happens next that shows if the club is doing things right or not.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Whoa. According to the latest fm Bret Harris in The Australian, Genia now having second thoughts, reconsidering leaving, 'heart not in it' etc. The merry-go-round of Aus rugby 'stars' continues its dance.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Whoa. According to the latest fm Bret Harris in The Australian, Genia now having second thoughts, reconsidering leaving, 'heart not in it' etc. The merry-go-round of Aus rugby 'stars' continues its dance.

Pretty "interesting" considering the Reds have already posted a press release saying he's gone?

This smells like an attempt to keep the Force honest in light of their "nothing's signed yet" announcement.

Genia and his management in a bit of a pickle?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...stern-force-move/story-e6frf4qu-1226342270664

Tis a tough thing for a young man to negotiate and decide. But he is young and bigger paydays will come. The Reds can't match the bills on offer from the force. Leaves me with a question, with the Forces forwards, Genia already sucking a lot out of their cap, how can they recruit enough quality backs to start winning?

The Brumbies this year may have a team of lesser knowns but most of the guys have been around the Brumbies system for the last couple years. Like wise when the Reds started winning. Do the Force have the undeveloped talent waiting in the wings already on contracts? Or would Will be Gits II over at the force. Great player without the support around him to succeed.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
ok, my mail is Will's changed his mind for the 3rd time this season, and is staying

Deadlines not stuck too and lots of people getting involved that create head aches... Will is too nice

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
The CBA has not been signed off on so at the moment there will be no salary cap increase IMO. If thats the case it weakens the Force position if that had factored this in. They cant afford to pay 25% plus of the cap to two players.

The press conference will be fascinating...

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Pretty "interesting" considering the Reds have already posted a press release saying he's gone?

This smells like an attempt to keep the Force honest in light of their "nothing's signed yet" announcement.

Genia and his management in a bit of a pickle?

Exactly, everyone is questioning the Reds statement that he has already signed, but forgetting to question the truth in the Force's statement that 'they are not in a position to announce any signing'.

Status
Not open for further replies.