• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am scared to even look at my team this week. Beale for Carter is a legendary bad call on my part to go with bringing in MacIntosh and bringing in Schmoo as my captain.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
There's a new sheriff in town. :)

Catch me if you can. 8)

There's only 42 points separating the top 5 and Moses had a shocker. Enjoy it while you can, a couple of injuries and benchings and you'll be down amongst the rabble with me (40).

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Had a shocker of a week and STILL went up a couple of places.....note to self: MUST CHECK TEAMS BEFORE MAKING TRANSFERS

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
There's only 42 points separating the top 5 and Moses had a shocker. Enjoy it while you can, a couple of injuries and benchings and you'll be down amongst the rabble with me (40).

Don't be a killjoy and let me enjoy my one fleeting moment in the spotlight. :lmao:

But you're right. Plus 1 massive game from an inside or outside back can push you up a number of spots.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bloody tahs. If the did what they were Spose too do I would of been
Up in the 450 range.

Go the force!!!!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Unbelievably, I have jumped a few places at this stage, even after Mitchell and Beale and the rest of the Tahs had the game that shall never be mentioned again. My saving grace was Ice, Kev and Fruean having good games.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Definitely have to add SBW in my team this week, even though with the bye the week after and all that...

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Unbelievably, I have jumped a few places at this stage, even after Mitchell and Beale and the rest of the Tahs had the game that shall never be mentioned again. My saving grace was Ice, Kev and Fruean having good games.

Hahaha....I was EXACTLY the same....bloody Michell and Beale did jackshit but Toeava, Mealame and Fruean scored well....Dan Carter, Adam Thompson and Kaino all were respectable (wish I hadn't sold K Read though) so I went up a couple of spots on G&GR as well.....

I have 4 Highlanders in my team so this week will be interesting - I've been wanting to lose J Cowan anyways....

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I am forcing myself not to even look at the site until Friday afternoon. Last 2 weeks I have made changes to early, spurred on by convincing performances and awful displays from the prior weekends rugby. Got caught both times. Am now well out of contention, and will ahve to satisfy myself with beating last years position, which mercifully looks like a chance

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The wildcard payed off, up 23 spots in the G&GR league and now into the top 1000 in the world. I'm like Americain in last year's Melbourne Cup- just biding my time, moving up quietly mid-race, and then blowing everyone away with a terrifying sprint in the final stages.

Be afraid, gentlemen. Be very afraid.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I am forcing myself not to even look at the site until Friday afternoon. Last 2 weeks I have made changes to early, spurred on by convincing performances and awful displays from the prior weekends rugby. Got caught both times. Am now well out of contention, and will ahve to satisfy myself with beating last years position, which mercifully looks like a chance

1693 isn't out of it yet, you're less than 200 points behind top spot. One really good week and you'll be back in the running. Just be thankful you're not back in the pack. And consider this: you are in front of all the Rugby Club pundits!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Could be an interesting week with the Highlanders on bye.

Thomson and McIntosh are staples on most people's teams. Cowan has been selected alot too.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yup ... completely crappy week for me as well (somehow only dropped 4 places to 16th in our G&GR league). Tends to happen when I am on holiday, but like most others, I was relying on Schmoo and Beale to fire with Schmoo as captain. That having been said, am more than happy to see the Cheetahs get a result against the Tahs (as a Qld'er hehe)

Back this week from hols, so all should be well in my fantasy world again :)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Having done a thorough examination of my performance in the league to date, inspired by the fact that I used my wild card last week so I brought in 15 new players and having calculated the statistical likelihood of the impact of random events over an underlying trend, I have reached an overwhelming and statistically reliable conclusion. With a 87% certainty, any new player that I bring into my squad will, in that week, score less than his long term average score and that on average their score will be 25% lower than their long term average.

This seemingly useless statistical work does have one important side effect: the development of Hawko's law. "If you want to get a good score and win, don't pick the same players as me to add to your squad."

For the benefit of G&GR players I am announcing that I currently plan to bring CJ van der Linde in place of Ben Robinson (injured), Jared Payne for Patrick Lambie (injured as above), Jared Saffey off the bench for Adam Thompson (bye), Peter Grant for Matt Giteau (useless and going downhill) and Alistair Campbell for Steven Sykes (too many Sharks). So be warned: CJvdL, Payne, Saffey, Grant and Campbell will score below their average this week.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
So the big question this week is: who are you subbing in for Thomson?

I am looking at Ita Vaea at the moment. Don't know why, call it a gut feel. Any other players I should be aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.