• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Done two transfers. Higgers in for Thomson, Alexander in for Robinson.

Awaiting the fitness of Mitchell for the third. Think I may go with Cory Jane if he is out. Am tempted by Dagg or Freaun but until they name their side I will steer clear. I am a bit exposed with Kendrick Lynn on the bench for the Outside Backs with a bye this week.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I was keen to get rid of Ged early on but am sticking with him, scoring OK even when the Rebs are struggling. Next week thinking of maybe moving Flynn, Spies (he has been very dissapointing). Hoping my halfback choice doesn't bite me like last week. With Pretorius and Payne on the bench, I missed 71 points that would have com in handy. Finalised my team for this week:
Woodcock, Slipper (Macintosh)
Robinson (Flynn)
Sykes, Sharpe[in for Bekhuis] (Reddish)
Kaino, Spies, Latimer (Thomson)
Eaton (Pretorius)
Doppies, Savea, Toeava[in for Strauss] (Beale)
Freaun, Sivi, Payne (Fainifo[in for Scmoo])

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I haven't made any trades yet. But my side will probably look like

Alexander, Woodcock
Mealamu
Bekker, Louw
Messam, Todd, Vito
Mathewson
Oliver, Grant, Carter
Sivi, SBW, Mitchell

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Yeah, I've been suprised that you have kept Hore in your team for so long.

Do you think there's a chance the Crusaders team won't be announced before the lockout?
Hore hasn't been terrible (till last week), and Chillyboy performed well in the two weeks break so I used the transfers elsewhere. He was still busy, so I'm somewhat tempted to hold on to him against the Rebels, however BdP has been huge. Even if jetlag is a factor going to London this week, Sharks don't leave South Africa again this season so I could conceivably hold onto him for the duration.

Saders aren't playing till Sunday, it's quite conceivable they'll delay the announcement.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm holding off on my trades as well, waiting for the Tahs and Saders to name sides.

Looks like I'll bench Thomson as I can't afford to buy him back next week..

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I had too finalize my team. They probably won't be named until later. I will be asleep because I work nights and just finished work in Perth.

If guys ain't playing I'm going to be spewing. I have 3 tahs and 3 saders in the team.

Go the force!!!!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I had too finalize my team. They probably won't be named until later. I will be asleep because I work nights and just finished work in Perth.

If guys ain't playing I'm going to be spewing. I have 3 tahs and 3 saders in the team.

Go the force!!!!

Based on last week's performance you should be 50-50. Unless you have SBW in which case you are looking good. He'll make up for the Tahs on his own.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
A good pick up might be Julian Savea from the Canes. He's more a 5/8 (I think?) but he's one the wing this week v the Rebels. He's a $72k inside back, if you need a cheapy...like I do. I am sweating on Schmoo right now - if Schmoo is playing, then I am swapping Uys for Savea and pushing my problems out for another week.

Thanks to Moses, I have also brought in van Rensburg for Weeks, and big Mac will go to the bench. I have also traded Lambie for Jared Payne.

Means I will be stuck with some stinkers still - namely Salvi.

Come on and name your bloody team, Tahs.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Woodcock, JvR, [May]
BdP, [Chillyboy]
Sykes, Sharpe, [Steenkamp]
Messam, Todd, Robinson, [Thomson]
FdP
KB (Kurtley Beale), Dan Carter, Isaia Toeava, [Savea]
Sivi, Shmoo, Fruean [Masaga]

I've still got a transfer, waiting on the Tahs / Saders to name names.......... but keen on Vito for Messam
I figure if Shmoo doesn't play, Masaga will auto-sub if I'm in the pub by kickoff..

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reckon Vito could be a good pickup as he'll give the Rebels a torrid time. Waldrom also might be worth some consideration.

The other transfer I was considering was Wynard Olivier for the (injured) Duck. Olivier could get some decent points vs the Lions midfield, especially as Waylon Murray has been a bit wayward with his tackling at times.

Also, some Reds could score big vs the Cheetahs, but the trick is picking which ones...

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I subbed Thomson this week and installed Kev as captain. O'Neill is also gone as one of my locks and Isaac Ross has come in. I wasn't sure about Mitchell's fitness so I went with Maitland instead.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
could get screwed this week if the drewster doesn't suit up.... but it's already midnight over here so i can't wait for the team announcement any longer.

going with:

white, blaaw [macintosh]
bismarck [chiliboy]
sharpe, matfield [o'neill]
vito, minnie, todd [thomson]
phipps [pretorious]
carter, beale, grant [murray]
payne, mitchell, sbw [treeby]

had to make moves to get rid of injured ben may and benn robo as well as lambie. didn't have too much of a choice with those changes so going with what i got. would like to dump o'neill if he's not coming back soon and upgrade murrary and maybe scrum half if pretorious isn't going to start. man i wish he would.... almost even thinking about starting him even though he's on the bench this week again.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
now i just read in the canes vs rebs match thread that the canes have said they are going to look to spread it wide. now i kinda wish i had gone with jane over payne, though the chiefs aren't exactly stout on defense either....

ce la vie

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
could get screwed this week if the drewster doesn't suit up.... but it's already midnight over here so i can't wait for the team announcement any longer.

going with:

white, blaaw [macintosh]
bismarck [chiliboy]
sharpe, matfield [o'neill]
vito, minnie, todd [thomson]
phipps [pretorious]
carter, beale, grant [murray]
payne, mitchell, sbw [treeby]

had to make moves to get rid of injured ben may and benn robo as well as lambie. didn't have too much of a choice with those changes so going with what i got. would like to dump o'neill if he's not coming back soon and upgrade murrary and maybe scrum half if pretorious isn't going to start. man i wish he would.... almost even thinking about starting him even though he's on the bench this week again.

Treeby is on bye and you don't know if Mitchell or SBW are playing. That's pretty risky.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Have had to make the call before the cut-off and have therefore had to assume that SBW will play (similarly all other 'Saders in my starting team), although have fired Mitchell due to questionable and (fantasy) unreliable fitness so didn't want to risk having him in.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Transfers also in and done. Got sick of waiting on the Tahs and used up my final one. Anyway, I doubt that it's Schmoo who is in doubt as the Tahs have a 24-man squad, with the extras being Waugh and TPN, not back cover for Schmoo.

Here's my losers for this week:
Janse van Rensburg, Myth, (MacIntosh) (I was going to take Ben White over JvR, but thanks to Moses' suggestion chose JvR as I already had too many bloody Chiefs in Duck and Sivi)
Battleship, (Chilliboy)
Francois Louw, Steven Sykes, (O'Neill)
Kaino, Saffy, Salvi (for fucks sake), (Thomson)
Sanchez, (Cowan)
Bieber, Julian Savea, Gilbert, (the Duck - injured)
Schmoo, Sivi, Payne (c), (Poki)

Payne also was a real toss up for me, with Payne v Jane the big question. In the end I went for Payne as I thought he'd do better over a longer term, but I reckon Jane could kill it this round.

If Schmoo is out before I leave work, I'll say screw it, use my wildcard, and dump my clownish extras like Duck, Sivi (for Jane), O'Neill, Salvi, Cowan from the bench, etc.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Josh Strauss named on the bench. Pretty much assured of losing the #1 spot in the G&GR comp.

Still think it was crap that I had to use my wildcard in Round 2 because of the Crusader/Hurricanes match called off.

Status
Not open for further replies.