• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Haven't seen alot of team sheets posted this week so these players might be out but other options could be...

Beau Robinson
Matt Todd
Joshua Strauss
Jarrod Saffy

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, I will be buying Beau this week, to replace Salvi at this stage. I think I will be forced to use my wildcard due to the Clan's bye and Lambie's and the Duck's (I think he'll be out?) injuries. The Duck being injured early also helped to fuck up my points for the weekend.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Actually along with Vaea I am really tempted by Scott Higgenbotham. The Tahs loosies scored plenty last week vs the Cheetahs despite being the wrong end of the scoreboard. Higgers looks to be hitting form, and should have plenty of ball this weekend.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
OK...here's my team this week....

Woodcock, Wicus Blaauw (MacIntosh)
Mealamu (Freier - need to get rid of soon)
Isaac Ross, Matfield (J Bekhuis)
S Waldrom, Kaino, Joshua Strauss (A Thompson)
Phipps (J Cowan...probably get rid of soon too - maybe)
Dan Carter, Beale (Capt), Toeava (J Savia - will get of soon methinks)
Masaga, Freuan, Mitchell (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - thinking of dropping Masaga for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Or maybe Freuan. Or nobody...hmmmm)

Still not sure when to use wildacrd....went up 5 places last week with a pretty average score so hopefully this week will be better :)

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
OK...here's my team this week....

Woodcock, Wicus Blaauw (MacIntosh)
Mealamu (Freier - need to get rid of soon)
Isaac Ross, Matfield (J Bekhuis)
S Waldrom, Kaino, Joshua Strauss (A Thompson)
Phipps (J Cowan...probably get rid of soon too - maybe)
Dan Carter, Beale (Capt), Toeava (J Savia - will get of soon methinks)
Masaga, Freuan, Mitchell (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - thinking of dropping Masaga for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Or maybe Freuan. Or nobody...hmmmm)

Still not sure when to use wildacrd....went up 5 places last week with a pretty average score so hopefully this week will be better :)

Is Mitchell playing though?

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Is Mitchell playing though?

Oh....I don't know.....AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is up my sleeve so either way I should be OK....and I think he will score more points at FB too.....hopefully Mitchell isn't playing and that makes my decision easy!

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
hmmm - I need to see final temas so I dont box myself out. Am not happy with my back row and need to ditch either Kaino or Todd - might be time to inject Palu - 18 points in 35 minutres last week - did better than the rest of my backrow did in 80! But I need to check none of my other players are going to be rested or wind up injured first.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
hmmm - I need to see final temas so I dont box myself out. Am not happy with my back row and need to ditch either Kaino or Todd - might be time to inject Palu - 18 points in 35 minutres last week - did better than the rest of my backrow did in 80! But I need to check none of my other players are going to be rested or wind up injured first.

Kaino averages about 20 points a game I think...not too bad.....

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I would wait another week with Palu, I expect to see him coming off at around 50-60 minutes. I am pretty keen on Higgers, reckon he will get a full 80 (Schatz will take off Beau and Samo will take of Houston).

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Need to decide tomorrow morning if I should use my wild card or not. If not, I am facing lining up with a shit shit team this week. Here we go, for example:

McIntosh (to be subbed for someone - sub 1), Myth, (Weeks)
Fancois Louw, Steven Sykes, (O'Neill)
Kaino, Salvi, Saffy, (Thomson - bye)
Genia, (Cowan)
J'OC, Beale, Corne Uys (yes, he's starting, and will probably be carved a new one by the Reds), (the Duck - injured)
Schmoo (if injured - sub 2), Sivi, Lambie (injured - probably sub 3), (Poki)

(If Schmoo is not injured, then I will instead sub the Duck.)

So...my three needed subs laid out, and I am stuck with an otherwise under-performing team. I am boned without a wild card, methinks. Plus, I have to remember not to buy 'Saders to buy as they are on a bye next week. What to do, what to do...

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
G'day all. First time poster.

Thought I should look to the trusted professionals for some opinions on who should captain my fantasy team.
Squad as follows.....

Tony Woodcock, Tendai Mtawarira, Keven Mealamu, Victor Matfield, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Scott Higginbotham, Kieran Read, Jerome Kaino, Fourie du Preez, Daniel Carter, Digby Ioane , Kurtley Beale, Francis Fainifo, Sonny Bill Williams (C), Cory Jane
BENCH
Laurie Weeks, Nathan Charles, Kevin O'Neill, Keegan Daniel, James Stannard, Julian Savea, Drew Mitchell

I've stuck with Sonny Bill over the past few weeks and he has served me well, but I am considering Cory Jane (playing the Rebels) or possibly Ioane to shred up the Cheetahs at home.

Throw in you 2 cents worth, all opinions welcome.

Also, any reliable news on Schmoo? Will he play?

Thanks all.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Welcome aboard mate.

I have Mealamu as captain and will probably stick with him this week. Such a reliable scorer, will get at least 20 every game without fail. Tempted by SBW but Twickers is a bit of a lottery this week so may steer clear. Jane is an interesting one- fullbacks can score 60 or 0, Ice Toeava is a prime example.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Wow, I just worked out a really good way to lose money.
If you have had a player for a while and he's gone up in value, sell him for the bye then buy him back next week.

For example, I've had Jamie Macintosh since week 1. He cost me 125k and is now selling for 158k. If I were to sell him, I only get 141k as 50% of the "profit" goes in transfer tax.
So selling him for the bye, I'd be 17k worse off next week!

That said, he's battling injury at the moment so I'm going to sell him anyway.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Also, any reliable news on Schmoo? Will he play?
Welcome to G&GR AkRid, awesome avatar!

Drew is in the 23 man squad, still waiting on a 22 to be named be the Tahs

Berrick Barnes , Al Baxter , Kurtley Beale , Luke Burgess , Tom Carter , Ryan Cross , Dave Dennis , Kane Douglas , Damien Fitzpatrick , Daniel Halangahu , Sekope Kepu , Pat McCutcheon , Brendan McKibbin , Drew Mitchell , Ben Mowen , Dean Mumm , Atieli Pakalani , Wycliff Palu , Tatafu Polota-Nau , Jeremy Tilse , Sitaleki Timani , Lachie Turner , John Ulugia , Phil Waugh [c] .

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I think I like the look of Lions prop Janse van Rensburg. Cheap at 76k, busy round the park averaging 6 tackles and 6 runs a match.
Also reckon it's time for a better hooker, Hore has been consistantly underwhelming. BdP looks the business, but Ged Robinson is in the ballpark and only 80k..

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think I like the look of Lions prop Janse van Rensburg. Cheap at 76k, busy round the park averaging 6 tackles and 6 runs a match.
Also reckon it's time for a better hooker, Hore has been consistantly underwhelming. BdP looks the business, but Ged Robinson is in the ballpark and only 80k..

Yeah, I've been suprised that you have kept Hore in your team for so long.

Do you think there's a chance the Crusaders team won't be announced before the lockout?

Status
Not open for further replies.