• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Our backlines are almost identical except I have Masaga instead of Sivi with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the bench....makes me feel pretty good!!

How is it good having the same players as a guy who is in front of you?

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
How is it good having the same players as a guy who is in front of you?

Moses has been doing pretty well so if my picks are similiar then hopefully I go OK too. There's enough of a difference in the forward packs for me to still make ground on him so yeah...happy thanks.

I won't be able to see how my picks line-up against yours cos they're so valuable and top secret and all that....did you try selling them??

:)

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Moses has been doing pretty well so if my picks are similiar then hopefully I go OK too. There's enough of a difference in the forward packs for me to still make ground on him so yeah...happy thanks.

I won't be able to see how my picks line-up against yours cos they're so valuable and top secret and all that....did you try selling them??

:)

I've moved to 2nd in the G&GR rankings.

Shit gettin serious now. :lmao:

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Key matchups for this week seem to be

Fruean vs SBW
Sivi vs Masaga
Prop replacements for McIntosh
Mealamu vs Du Plesis

i'll give my opinions on these, just to add to the discussion...

the look of SBW says he'll be the bigger points earner to me because he is a creator for both himself and teammates and there is lots of value in that. fruen is good but mostly a runner. which means he'll prob have hot and cold games, depending on opportunity. SBW should be able to do enough for himself and others that he avoids this and makes his own opportunities.

i hate having chiefs backs in my lineup. this is my 3rd year doing this and i never liked it. you know one of them will go bonkers but picking the right one is torture. sivi seems to get more ball when he plays which might be part of the game plan. masaga i thought was always better when sivi was hurt. add in nanai-williams and i have no idea who will go off.

as i said before, i thought benn looked good running the ball when he subbed in so far. if he starts he might play a more tight game. toss up there. brok harris was great last year but hasn't been in the same form yet to demand his price. maybe he'll get there....

kev might be the more value pick since he costs less, but i really feel that bismarck is on a mission this year. if he stays healthy i think it's pretty easy for him to keep stringing 30+ point games together since he's a big part of their gameplan.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
i'll give my opinions on these, just to add to the discussion...

the look of SBW says he'll be the bigger points earner to me because he is a creator for both himself and teammates and there is lots of value in that. fruen is good but mostly a runner. which means he'll prob have hot and cold games, depending on opportunity. SBW should be able to do enough for himself and others that he avoids this and makes his own opportunities.

i hate having chiefs backs in my lineup. this is my 3rd year doing this and i never liked it. you know one of them will go bonkers but picking the right one is torture. sivi seems to get more ball when he plays which might be part of the game plan. masaga i thought was always better when sivi was hurt. add in nanai-williams and i have no idea who will go off.

as i said before, i thought benn looked good running the ball when he subbed in so far. if he starts he might play a more tight game. toss up there. brok harris was great last year but hasn't been in the same form yet to demand his price. maybe he'll get there....

kev might be the more value pick since he costs less, but i really feel that bismarck is on a mission this year. if he stays healthy i think it's pretty easy for him to keep stringing 30+ point games together since he's a big part of their gameplan.

SBW will outscore Fruen most weeks. But at 200K cheaper you can improve other spots in your team.

Sivi scores more if either player doesn't score a try. While Mils is out you won't have to worry about who gets subbed. I'd get rid of Masaga when Mils comes back

I usually don't like spending 200K+ plus on a prop but you might have to this week.

Du Plessis has been very good so far. Though Kev starting from the bench 2 weeks ago screws up his numbers a bit.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
I've taken a big gamble and brought in Quade over Kurtley, sacrificing Andries Bekker to finance the move. Am hoping Quade and the Reds will lift their game, and they have a really good run over the next 3 weeks with the Rebels, Cheetahs & Lions.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
May and Donald have both left the field injured in the first 25 minutes.

Not the conditions for Masaga or Sivi to score well.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I reckon Sivi scored pretty well, he was quite involved. I was watching Messam pick and drive 1 metre and be tackled by Sykes, and banking the 2 points.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Spewing about may. He only played about 20 min and won a tight head. Probably would have racked up some good points if he played the 80. Not looking too good ATM. Need drew too have a cracker this week.

Go the force!!!!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Spewing about may. He only played about 20 min and won a tight head. Probably would have racked up some good points if he played the 80. Not looking too good ATM. Need drew too have a cracker this week.

Go the force!!!!

If your prop goes off after 20 minutes yet scores 13 you should thank your lucky stars. Still unsure how he gets 2 points for playing 80 minutes.

As for me, only had Sivi and Messam last night. Messam has stunk up the joint but I have Thomson on bye next week so he might have to stay another week.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
If your prop goes off after 20 minutes yet scores 13 you should thank your lucky stars. Still unsure how he gets 2 points for playing 80 minutes.

As for me, only had Sivi and Messam last night. Messam has stunk up the joint but I have Thomson on bye next week so he might have to stay another week.

Yeah he will loose 2 points for that last week my props played the full 80 and I only got 5 points from them combined. Lol

Go the force!!!!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thank fuck
Thompson got a try at the end. Should take him out of a deficit.
Sbw only has 9 points WTF. That should change

Go the force!!!!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Thank fuck
Thompson got a try at the end. Should take him out of a deficit.
Sbw only has 9 points WTF. That should change

Go the force!!!!

Thompson will score OK. Down on average but better than most. Give them 48 hours to get it all done.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thompson will score OK. Down on average but better than most. Give them 48 hours to get it all done.

Yeah I noticed even Scott Waldron had a pilfer and it hasn't been added. Heaps of games too get through today.

Go the force!!!!

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Really regretting putting Jared Payne on the bench and bringing in Schmoo as my captain. Really not happy!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Terrible week for me too.

Have Bekker, Louw and Oliver's tackle counts to be added to my score. On 294 at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.