• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm thinking of getting Berrick Barnes....he should kick a heap of goals this week, make a few tackles and even a few line breaks.....hmmmmm

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I want to get Schmoo back in this week, not sure if I should unload Sivi, so I don't have to dip into the bank too much or Chambers, knowing that he has been terrible and not even in the 22 this week

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
If I were to guess I'd reckon Hickey still wants to give Kepu gametime, especially against the Cheetahs.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah the substitution thing is an issue with Fatcat. Same with Beau- I am desperate to have him but I very much doubt he will play the full 80. No-one has him (less than 1%, which is nothing considering 1.5% have Potasi Luafutu who doesn't even have a contract).

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Three weeks ago Beau left a pub and played a running game against the Tahs for 29 minutes, scoring 25 fantasy points. In this sting he made 9 runs, busting tackles on 3 occasions.

Two weeks ago Beau got 66 minutes against the ponies, only this time Link had him play a traditional 7 game, so Beau made 20 tackles and forced 2 turnovers.

Now he's been in Link's squad for a month and will have some conditioning behind him he'd have to be a shot at 80 minutes. Beau is the real deal, the kind of player who'll put 80 minutes of workrate into 60 if that's all Link is giving him.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Only thing to watch with Beau is he can occasionally be a penalty magnet, but he does get heavily involved. At $100k I reckon he is pretty good value. Actually, Saffy at $74k is pretty good value too - lucky for me Salvi was benched by the Brumboys as Saffy scored well last week. I will be holding onto Saffy now. Temped to sell Salvi and buy either Todd or Robinson when I get a spare transfer. For the other loosies, Derrick Minnie and Gareth Delve are scoring plenty of points. I reckon Delve, though, may score more over the longer term and he's cheaper too - $278k to Minnie's $311k.

Turner at 13 for the Tahs is an interesting one. I am a bit concerned about Schmoo getting enough ball, but Turner could also score well.

Benny Robinson is $222k, so is not entirely cheap for a prop. Myth is $127k, J. Mac is $158 and Alexander is a hefty $327k. I don't think I will be re-buying Alexander, but instead will pick up Robinson and save the $105k. Worthwhile, I think. As the season goes on I think that Benn will stay on the park for longer, with Kepu replacing Baxter once Benn can keep up a full 80.

So...I'm torn for this week. Thinking of buying Beale, but would have to sell either J'OC or Dan Carter. J'OC can score steadily I think, so I'm thinking Dan Carter, who has a buy in 2 weeks anyway. Beale could be up or down points-wise I think, whereas I reckon Dan Carter is a steady 30 - 40 point earner week in week out. Thoughts?

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Ended up selling Gear to buy Drew Mitchell, sold K Read and bought S Waldrom (those Waldrom boys love the hard yakka!!!) and sold Kevin O'Neil to get Josh Bekhuis.

Wanted to get rid of J Cowan but that'll have to wait. So my line-up is:

Woodcock, MacKintosh (Kepu)
Mealamu (Freier)
Bekhuis, Matfield (I Ross)
S Waldrom, Kaino, Thompson (Salvi)
Cowan (Kerr-Barlow)
Toeava, Beale(Capt), Carter (Savea)
D Mitchell, Freuan, Masaga (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper))

Not sure when to use my wildcard......

Status
Not open for further replies.