• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Move to 34th overrall. Not bad considering after Round 1 I was ranked about 2100 courtesy of Nonu and FDP's negative scores.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
What I don't understand is why you're all telling each other the hot tips....kinda defeats the purpose of the game doesn't it?

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
and as you might have noticed, everyone takes and rejects the info provided at their own whim. the teams people have been posting are all pretty different usually.

it's going to take a lot more besides a few helpful tips (heaps of luck/timing/etc) to get either the grand prize or the weekly prize so why not all have a bit of fun here?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
After an average week I have taken my wildcard. Already made 20 changes. Will have another look when teams are named later in the week, but so far I have:

Woodcock, JdPlessis (May)
Mealamu (Chiliboy)
Sykes, Sharpe (O'Neill)
Thompson, Minnie, Robinson (Saffy)
Burgess (Phipps)
Carter, Beale, LaGrange (Murray)
SBW, Mitchell, Sivi (Treeby)

SBW and Sivi the only ones who survived the cull.

Had Beau Robinson as my smokey, not sure about him though. Games against the Rebels and Cheetahs at home, but will they be fast and loose and thus not condusive to loose forward scoring? Not sure.

Deliberately went light on Highlanders and Crusaders, as they have the bye in the two weeks after Round 5.

Reckon the Tahs are the team to get behind though. Cheetahs, Brumbies and Chiefs in the next three weeks, plus people will be slow to put them back after the bye.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
had a shocker of a round - thorn not playing didnt help. plus waylon murray's low week wasnt great either. From the look of it everyone had a low wek - the average seems down - probably due to no tahs, reds or bulls playing?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
and as you might have noticed, everyone takes and rejects the info provided at their own whim. the teams people have been posting are all pretty different usually.

it's going to take a lot more besides a few helpful tips (heaps of luck/timing/etc) to get either the grand prize or the weekly prize so why not all have a bit of fun here?

You're not wrong about luck and timing. I imported proven stars, I tried not to pick players from teams that were going up against a front-runner, spent hours weighing up players against each other. Got absolutely smashed! My imports all had their worst result so far.

Being the triple bye round I had been working over several weeks to make sure I didn't get caught. And then the disasters began: Poki and Muliaina got injured, Franks, Taute and Matthewson got benched and suddenly there are not enough players that I can transfer or swap with the bench. So I have starters on my team who only play 20 minutes or so. On to the round and Chris Jack in his 100th game takes a holiday and makes 3 tackles and 2 runs in 80 minutes, but still manages to get a long arm penalty. 261 miserable points and all the top runners are almost a lap in front.

So, my advice to others is to not hold off using the wildcard. I did because I thought I might need to save it for a later, even worse situation. Result 300 points behind and almost certainly making up the numbers.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
What I don't understand is why you're all telling each other the hot tips....kinda defeats the purpose of the game doesn't it?
A few reasons - it's good to get the dialogue going as it keeps the interest up, I spend a lot of time thinking about my team during the week and it's both enjoyable and beneficial to share this with others in similar situations.

I hope we are also helping those playing for the first time to understand the intricacies of the game, and encourage as many as possible to keep playing through the season

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A few reasons - it's good to get the dialogue going as it keeps the interest up, I spend a lot of time thinking about my team during the week and it's both enjoyable and beneficial to share this with others in similar situations.

I hope we are also helping those playing for the first time to understand the intricacies of the game, and encourage as many as possible to keep playing through the season

It has helped me greatly as a first time player, knowing what I know now I would have done things a lot differently for the first round. Anyhow it looks like I will be just making up the numbers for the rest of the season, but still in with a chance for the weekly prize like everyone else.
I must say it has been fun so far.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i've been going alright and making up about 10-15 places in the league per week since my bad start. there's a lot of rugby to be played yet. you never know where you might end up if you stick with it.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I was fairly disappointed with my team this week, till I saw some other scores. Happy to have moved up the leaderboard again, but still dreaming of the week I can contend with those up the top for the weekly prize.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Just realised I had Ged on the bench, Flynn in my team and Eaton on the bench with Pretotius in. Cost myself close to 50 points. Ahhh, the benefits of hindsight

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

All very good reasons I must agree. I'm just one who likes to keep his cards close to his chest I suppose. It is interesting to see different tactics & thought processes behind peoples teams.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Low scoring week this week, add to this the players with big scores were generally ones people who had existing good teams didn't have (ie Maitland, Robinson). The top weekly score of 499 is way down on other weeks.

I'm so tempted to jump the gun and put my changes in... Ice out after one uninspiring week for Droppies, Gits for Murray and O'Neill for Sharpe. Damn, wish they were playing again tomorrow!

Dan Carter is still looking good, made 32 points in 62 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.