• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
poki out 1-2 weeks with a knee strain. if it's 2 he'll really be out for 3 since they have a bye after this week.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
just finished completely retooling my squad

macintosh, alexander, may
du plessis, ralepelle
bekker, o'neill, matfield
thomson, vito, minnie, todd
pretorious, stannard
carter, grant, coleman, beale
sbw, lambie, maccabe, treeby

don't like getting rid of mitchell and i'd love to have poki but with him injured i had to take him out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd take out Alexander for this week. He'll get -20 because of the raping he will receive from the Crusaders scrum. Put in Crockett or Ben Franks.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Hmmm, maybe a good call on Doppies - you'd look to keep him for 2 weeks as well. This week he has the Cheetahs, and next week will have the Force on their first game in SA. Both could score decent points.

But you'll potentially be paying for it - he's not cheap at $429k. Dan Carter is just $5k more expensive at $434k, and I reckon that Dan Carter is a much better longer term proposition. Personally, I think I'll take Dan Carter and then maybe SBW as well from the 'Saders.

Well he averaged 9 points more a game then Carter last year. And has a good schedule the next 2 weeks.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Made my 4 transfers- bought in SBW and Lambie for Mils and Poki, McIntosh for Steenkamp and my one left-fielder - Siale Piutau (highlanders winger) as an inside back for just 75k. Hopefully he can fill Poki's boots and score big.

Made Ice my captain, he is due a big round. Hopefully he will cut the Force to pieces.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is keV oneil going too play this weekend. He is listed again but last week I don't know what the fuck happened

Go the force!!!!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My team sucks this week.

McIntosh, Woodcock
Mealamu
Bekker, Louw
Thomson (c), Messam, Todd
Phipps (looks like the blues are going to be resting players on the bench for games. Did it last week for Mealamu and this week for Mathewson)
Carter, Murray, Doppies La Grange
Sivi, SBW, Jared Payne

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am actually seriously considering buying Matt Todd because of his price and I reckon he will score well vs the Ponis, but am worried because McCaw will be back soon and will likely force Todd to the bench (and I can't afford the transfer when that happens).

I reckon McCaw will start off the bench, so I'd get 2 weeks out of him at least, and then afterwards they'll rotate the loosie positions between McCaw, Todd, Read and Whitelock to give players a rest as needed.

Otherwise, I'll probably get Ashley Johnson, again for price, as I want to sub AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for Schmoo next week and will need a healthy $150k spare to do it.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Just finalised my team. Got rid of some big $ with the bye this week but ended up spending more. Still need to improve my props, hooker and locks, hoping for big numbers everywhere else. Fritz Lee out for Thomson, Genia out for Sarel Pretorius, Steyn out for Toeava, Savea out for Doppies.

Woodcock, Mackintosh (Slipper)
Flynn (Robinson)
Sykes, O'Neill (Reddish)
Kaino, Latimer, Thomson (Spies)
Pretorius (Eaton)
Toeava, Doppies, Andries Strauss (Beale)
Fruean, Sivi, Payne (Chambers)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Finally got over the week from hell coping with injuries to several of my players plus the triple bye. Changes finalised and everything is going as well as it can till I read the preview and find that Taute's been benched! Just like the Force last week I am playing with 14 men. Not happy, Mitch.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Very nervous this week, don't have enough coverage in Lions / Cheetahs or backs against the Rebels. Can't believe Blackadder benched Thorn after his 32 point week last week.

Woodcock, McIntosh, (May)
Hore, Chillyboy
Sykes, O'Neill, (Steenkamp)
Thomson, Messam, Todd, (Johnson)
Eaton, (FdP)
Giteau, Carter (C), Toeava, (Beale)
Sivi, Masaga, Fruean, (Shmoo)

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Played my wildcard this week. Didn't really need to but wanted to do a pretty comprehensive reshuffle. I reckon the ponies are gonna get smashed by 'saders so am heavy there. Also betting the Cheetahs/Lions match will be pretty high scoring as far as fantasy points go, so took a gamble there as well. Good luck chaps!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah I used my wild card too. Loaded up on Crusaders and Lions players.

Whitelock or Sharpe
Delve, Alberts or Strauss

Tough decisions

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
My team is finalised:

Alexander, Myth, (Weeks)
Battleship, (Chilliboy)
Francois Luow, Sykes, (O'Neill)
Kaino, Thomson, Saffy, (Salvi)
Cowan, (Genia)
Bieber, Carter (the good one), the Duck, (Uys)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Sivi, Lambie (c), (Poki)

I'm hoping for about 350 this week, but I'm not too bullish on my chances.

I also have some transfers lined up for next week:
Alexander for MacIntosh
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for Schmoo

Then whenever I can:
Salvi for Josh Strauss, plus
Duck for someone cheaper, plus
Sivi for someone cheaper, to pay for:
Weeks for Alexander back
Battleship for Moore
Maybe Saffy for someone, if I could afford it

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McIntosh, Crockett
Du Plessis
Sharpe, Bekker
Minnie (c), Thomson, Todd
Pretorius
Carter, La Grange, Grant
Ranger, SBW, Lambie

If I don't get 450+ I'll be disappointed.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
McIntosh, Crockett
Du Plessis
Sharpe, Bekker
Minnie (c), Thomson, Todd
Matthewson
Carter, La Grange, Andries Strauss
Ranger, SBW, Lambie

If I don't get 450+ I'll be disappointed.

Mathewson isn't starting this round - he'll come off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.