• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
I did my team last night and bought Hosea Gear back into my team....just to find out this morning he's out injured!!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am seriously boned as well with Pocock and Poki out injured and Salvi on the bench for the Ponies. Only thing worse could now be Saffy rubbed out as well.

I need to use two transfers to ditch Qooooade Cooper and TPN, and now Poki + Pocock. I can't dump Salvi as well, and I can't dump AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) like I wanted to. Blargh.

Crapply injuries to have on a week with 3 byes.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
BTW, anyone know how long Poki is out for?

edit:
Hmmm, backrow decisions:
Derrick Minnue vs Ashley Johnson vs Jerome Jaino vs George Whitelock vs Matt Todd?

I am thinking that McCaw will be back soon so Todd will be out. Someone like Kaino or even Whitelock might be better to hold in the longer term by Ashley Johnson or Derrick Minnie could score big this weekend.

Any suggestions?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Dammit, Thorn has been benched so I've got a logjam in the second row. Really wanted to dump Steenkamp after last week... might have to retain the faith..
Also like the look of Sarel Pretorious, think he might get a run in my 9 jersey

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
farked up.

So happy with the changes to my team. Managed to get Carter in and dropped Brumbies (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Gits).

Satisfied.

Till I realised that Lima Sopoaga is nowhere to be seen. I suck at the is game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Geez, so torn this round. Why isn't SBW an inside back, damnit? Ultimately I really want to swap AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) with SBW, but I'll try to do it next week...so tempted to use my wild card just to clean out my squad, but you just know that the wild card will be needed for those 3 weeks in a row of 4 teams on a bye. I think I have learnt a valuable lesson about keeping cheap but useless people on my bench. Cheap but not so useless in the future will be the way to go.

Here's my tentative squad:
Alexander, Woodock, (Weeks)
Battleship, (Chilliboy)
Fancois Louw, Sykes, (Kevin O'Neill - may sub in)
Kaino (or Ashley Johnson or Minnie or Todd or Whitelock), Adam Thomson, Saffy, (Salvi)
Cowan, (Genia)
Bieber, Dan Carter, the Duck, (Corne Uys)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Sivi, Pat Lambie, (Poki)

Pocock and Poki really screwed me with their injuries this week.

I am also in trouble, with the Brumbies have a bye next week and I am stuck with three of the useless buggers - Alexander, Salvi and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Actually, what I would've been really torn with was Dan Carter vs SBW, if they had both been inside backs.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I reckon Ranger, Payne, the Rok, and Ice from the Blues are also all worth consideration this week, coming up against a very weakened Force midfield.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hmmm, maybe a good call on Doppies - you'd look to keep him for 2 weeks as well. This week he has the Cheetahs, and next week will have the Force on their first game in SA. Both could score decent points.

But you'll potentially be paying for it - he's not cheap at $429k. Dan Carter is just $5k more expensive at $434k, and I reckon that Dan Carter is a much better longer term proposition. Personally, I think I'll take Dan Carter and then maybe SBW as well from the 'Saders.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
BTW, SBW on Coleman is one humongous mismatch. Could potentially reap big points.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Doppies is farking pricey though, as is Ranger.

I am yet to make my transfers, thinking of bringing in both Freuen and SBW at the back. Or SBW and Lambie. Not sure yet.

The inside backs are a lottery, no obvious standouts. Might take a Lions or Cheetahs player cheap and hope they have a big one.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
My team:

T Woodcock, J MacKintosh (S. Kepu)
K Mealamu (A Freier)
I Ross, K O'Neill (V Matfield)
K Read, J Kaino, A Thompson - Capt (J Salvi)
J Cowan (T Kerr-Barlow)
D Carter, I Toeava, J Savea (K Beale)
R Fruean, L Masaga, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (H Gear)

Will try to get rid of J Salvi, and A Freier over next couple of weeks....not sure when to use my wild-card though....

Status
Not open for further replies.