• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I need Sivi to score plenty of tries to make up for those mistakes. He is my capt and O'Neill is out and my reserve lock has the bye. Shit

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Sivi as my captain, Masaga in the backline.. I'm back to #1 in the world with 8 players yet to play this week

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pocock's injury will cost me dearly. Don't think I've had too good a week so far.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
God damn you Kevin O'neill why did you drop out. Also I haven't got points for Rene Ranger yet.

Wynand Olivier lost me a point, what a douche.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I had O'Neill as well, but as he didn't step on the field he should automatically drop out for your lock reserve. Fortunately, mine is Wilhelm Steenkamp so I might get some points there.

Adam Thomson had an even better week, scored a try and was busy, glad I bought him in for Phil Waugh

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The few pepole who didn't have Ben Alexander will go backwards this week. 50 points for a prop is insane- basically carried my side this week with Sivi and Poki. Slowly inching up the leaderboard after a slow start, into the top 2000 now. This is a marathon not a sprint and I am still quite confident of winning the ten grand. Have already made some lavish purchases actually, so I'd better fucking win or I may have to return a few things to my exotic wildlife dealer.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Anyone know what happens when one bloke doesn't play, and your benched replacement scores negative points? I'm happy for the auto-sub not to happen if you get my drift... Wilhemn Steenkamp on the bench with -9, I'd prefer Kevin O'Neill's 0!

There's an elephant in the room this weekend, bloody Cheetahs and Lions like to put 70 points on each other with tackling more of a guideline than a rule.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah but both sides look totally different this year so i have no idea what they will do.

And Qwerty I would wait another week before using your WC. Three sides have the bye this week (good sides at that), and I would want to be choosing from as many players as I could. You could make wholesale changes this week, but then have to change again when Bulls, Tahs and Reds players return. Next week only the Brumbies have the bye so you have many more options.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I fluked 441 points this week, a great result really. Totally undeserved, too. That got me 420 points for the round, and 219 overall.

Adam Thomson on 67 (!!!) and Kade Poki on 68 are what did it for me, plus Ben Alexander on 54. Sivi, my captain, managed to score 35 (so 70 when doubled) despite his 4 stupid errors and giving away 1 penalty.

The rest of my team was pretty damn poor, but Sykes got 25, Genia got 20, J'OC 22 and the Duck 27 to give me a decent enough score in the end. How the hell Quade Cooper kicked 26 points yet only scored 16 is bloody impressive. That's what happens when you miss 6 tackles I guess. Quade is really a luxury you can't afford in this game whenever he is required to tackle - which is every freaking game.

With both Cooper and TPN needed to be traded this week (as I sub Genia for Cowan), I'll be rolling in dough to do some choice transfers. As Moses said, maybe some Cheetahs and Lions look tasty...

edit: I'll probably have to sell Pocock as well, leaving a lot of money free. But only 4 transfers, and I want one of those to be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), who I think will struggle to score many vs the Saders. Also means I am stuck with the Duck. I really didn't think that through...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Considering buying up some 'Saders: Carter, Read and SBW, plus Bismarck at hooker. Pat Lambie from the Sharks (incorrectly listed as an outside back!), though, could be a great buy ahead of SBW. Pat Lambie may actually be one of the buys of the round, as the Sharks should destroy the Rebels next week. JP Pietersen could be good value at $172k as well. Keegan Daniel could also be a good buy, assuming he starts. Hmmm.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I hope Mealamu is starting this week. It would really screw up my plans for this week as I have Chilliboy on bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.